Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dubai Creek {ARE} (no longer Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2003, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat

I will be traveling to Dubai in May and will be staying at the Hilton Dubai Creek Hotel. Does anybody have any experiences with this hotel? I am a Gold member. Should I expect any benefits? Do they have a club floor. Is it available to Gold members?

Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2003, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
I'm sure you will like the place. It does have an Executive Floor that you should get as an HH Gold barring the hotel being full. The Hotel itself is small, and I would guess has only ~120 rooms meening that during peek times it fills up-making the Executive Floor more difficult to secure if you don't pay for it.

The hotel is new by any standards and the interior of the lobby, restaurants, and rooms are very nicely done. There are only a couple places in the hotel to eat and I remember them being good but very expensive, which depending on your wallet may be good or bad.

Incase you are not familiar, the city is fairly small. The Hilton has a nice location but that said it is hard to have a bad loaction.

I have seen some great last-minute deals being offered at this hotel in Hilton's weekly E-mail so if your not taking advantage of one of those you may want to keep your eye out as your check-in date approaches and grab one.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 9:55 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by coiaflyer:
I will be traveling to Dubai in May and will be staying at the Hilton Dubai Creek Hotel. Does anybody have any experiences with this hotel? I am a Gold member. Should I expect any benefits? Do they have a club floor. Is it available to Gold members?

Thanks.
</font>

Been there twice and loved it both times. Great pool on the roof overlooking the creek and city. As Gold I got upgraded to the executive floor the first time there a month after it opened. Didn't have the free breakfast in the lounge instead ordered full breakfast for two via room service and didn't get charged for it. Second time was given a huge room ( by their standards ) with a hell of a view of the creek and again breakfast was free through room service as was use of the pool both times.

You'll enjoy it.

Nigel

Old Nov 18, 2003, 10:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
Middle East CC Discount Offers?

Hi there. I am heading out to Dubai next weekend, staying at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

When staying in the Middle East a couple of months back, if you paid with your Visa you got 10% off the room rate. Does any one know if there is any similar offers running at present?

Cheers

Alan

At Dubai Creek from 30/11 to 7/12 if anybody is up for a beer!!!!!
Old Oct 12, 2004, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Dubai Creek Hilton - transport

I'm staying at Dubai Creek in November

Arriving ex LHR at around midnight

Anyone advise if Hilton offers complimentary transport to hotel or, if not, how much is taxi? , how far is Creek Hotel from airport?

I am Hilton Diamond
Old Oct 12, 2004, 2:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
Give them a phone and they will arrange a Merc to pick you up free of charge as a Diamond.

Note that the Hilton Jumeirah has stopped free limo's for Diamonds.

Make sure you say you are Hilton HHONORS Diamond as they have a local Diamond CLUB where you pay a fee and get local food discounts etc and this club does not give transport benefits.

When are you staying. I will be there on the 26th for 1nt and then to the Hilton JB for 7nts.

Cheers

Alan
Old Oct 12, 2004, 11:41 pm

If they don't provide you with transportation taxi fare is cheap in Dubai.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 4:33 am
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Hi Martin,

Can't remember if Hilton Creek provides a car from the airport. However, taxis are plentiful and very cheap ! Should be between 5-10 GBP for the trip, which should take 15 mins or so. It is an easy run ....

Regards,

John P.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by martinrennard
I'm staying at Dubai Creek in November

Arriving ex LHR at around midnight

Anyone advise if Hilton offers complimentary transport to hotel or, if not, how much is taxi? , how far is Creek Hotel from airport?

I am Hilton Diamond
I am there this weekend will post back on the car situation.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 4:55 pm

Programs: HH Gold; BA Gold; Hertz PC
Hilton Dubai Creek Availability

I was trying to book a room at the Dubai Creek but is not showing any availabillty for 2007 at all. When I phoned the HH desk they said they could only book a suite for me and did not know why there was no other availability.

Does anyone know why this is? Does availability not show for some places until closer to the time?

Thx
Old Dec 8, 2007, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
Hilton Dubai Creek Trip Reports and Reviews

Booked via a travelagent. Had a vip checkin but no upgrade to executive level. The Hilton lady explained that the capacity was too small to do this. We did have a lovely room to the front overlooking the creek. The room was immaculately clean with comp mineral water and fruit and the turndown service was excellent ( toiletries and towels replaced ,aromatherapy burner in bathroom lit, chocs on pillow). Bed linen was lovely. Bathroom was granite everywhere with a large shower and separate bath.
Communal areas were very modern and the Issima bars did fab cocktails for 35 to 40 dirhams (£6 or $10). the staff were helpful and friendly at all times. excellent levels of service
The roof top pool was small but perfectly formed with outdoor showers up there ,nice loungers and attentive staff with a little bar.
Room service food was fab and the evening meal in the Glasshouse restaurant was excellent. On Mon and Wed if you eat 2 courses then you can have unlimited glasses of house wine/ beers/spirits for 1 dirham per drink ( approx 25 cents or 14 pence!!). Our breakfast was included. Excellent continental breakfast and then freshly cooked English or Arabic dishes. The cost of breakfast is 65 dirhams for continental and 80 for Arabic/English. We also could have room service breakfast for no additional cost.
The Gordon Ramsey restaurant Verre was something else though you should book ahead. The 495 dirham prestige menu was unbelievable though the drinks prices are high. Shame about the inconsiderate smokers at the next table. Each dish was cooked to perfection, especially the risotto with lobster bisque. Efficient but friendly service and an absolutely charming maitre d' made a fabulous meal into an occasion to remember. You must go !!
Really enjoyed our stay with lovely service, and a nice spot away from the cranes dominating the skyline near the beach. We will be back.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 7:21 pm
Community Director Emerita

Thanks for the report, WelshGirl. I loved it when I stayed there several years ago. I'm glad to learn it is still a great place to stay.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 2:19 am

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
I agree. It's my hotel of choice when I visit Bubai, and luckily, always had exec floor access, and an occasional suite.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum,
Thank you for the review WelshGirl. I will be staying at the Hilton Dubai Creek in May and need to make reservations at Verre. I emailed [email protected] a few days ago but have gotten no response. I'd greatly appreciate any tips on how to make a reservation at Verre. Thanks!
Old May 3, 2008, 6:16 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
Hope you have a lovely trip. I actually rang the hotel to book Verre and reconfirmed the restaurant booking on arrival. The local food on the Room Service Menu is excellent too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.