Hilton Dubai Creek {ARE}

Reply

Old Jan 14, 18, 5:21 am
  #121  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Programs: hilton
Posts: 49
All very interesting.

I have emailed them for help and lets see what happens
Points Payne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 18, 8:06 am
  #122  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: MCI
Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LTPP, HH Diamond
Posts: 46,052
At least one Be My Guest night, if not two.

Since this is a cheap(er) Hilton, the BMG's will be worth more than a 1-night refund, but paradoxically easier to get issued than an actual cash/credit refund.
pinniped is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 18, 12:24 pm
  #123  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Programs: hilton
Posts: 49
Gm email addresses

I am looking to direct an email to the GM of the Hilton Dubai Creek who is also cluster manager of Jamera beach Hilton

Is there anywhere in the forum that I can find this
Points Payne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 18, 12:51 pm
  #124  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,682
What do you need it for?
hugolover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 18, 12:53 pm
  #125  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CH
Programs: All
Posts: 35
GM Address

Delete
hugolover likes this.

Last edited by ma_zeoli; Jan 16, 18 at 12:54 pm Reason: Deletion
ma_zeoli is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 18, 12:54 pm
  #126  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,682
He is still the GM at those three properties.
hugolover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 18, 5:42 pm
  #127  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: DCA
Posts: 6,116
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
What do you need it for?
Presumably to try to get compensation for the change of room type issue over NYE that this poster started another thread (since consolidated into the property thread) about. Not sure why this warranted yet another new thread when there was still active discussion in the other on this matter.
hugolover likes this.
arlflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 18, 12:55 pm
  #128  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Programs: hilton
Posts: 49
The chat I had with Hilton suggested I emailed the GM but provided me with only the hotel email.
Points Payne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 18, 9:29 am
  #129  
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Aberdeen, Bella Vista and Croydon
Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Posts: 4,127
Time to put a bit of positivity back in this thread - the following is just a stream of consciousness regarding my recent 1 night stay.

I took the metro to Union Station followed by a taxi. The ride cost 11 Dhs rather than the 30-40 it would have been all the way from the airport, though I didn't come from there. Despite the short drive I had a very interesting conversation with the driver, who stopped at the back entrance (which I wouldn't have known about otherwise). This likely saved 1 dirham off the fare, so I intended to tip him the extra coin. However he didn't stop the meter while he finished his story about his home town, and it ticked up to 12 anyway so that's what he got.

I approached the front desk, behind which there were several staff milling around. It turned out that only one of them was actually able to check guests in, and he was occupied with another guest. One of the other staff was the concierge, who printed my registration form but was unable to proceed further. I was not told, and didn't ask, whether lounge check-in was possible. A porter poured me a juice, and I waited 8 minutes but it did not seem that long as I proceeded to get online after overhearing the previous guest being told the wifi passcode (my phone charges 600x my home rate to use data in the Middle East).

The word "Diamond" was not uttered by anyone at the front desk; not that I particularly care. Unlike a previous poster, I didn't need to sign a credit card slip, but the pre-auth (of 350 AED on a prepaid room) was actually charged to my card and voided/refunded on check-out, though this only became evident after both transactions processed a few days later. I asked if I could have breakfast in the restaurant and was told "of course". Breakfast times are 0700-1100 and evening lounge service is 1800-2000.

Having booked the lowest room, I was upgraded to a Deluxe room. This was the first time in a while that I haven't been upgraded to an "executive" room, but the room here was much nicer and more spacious than the so-called "executive" rooms I usually get upgraded to in European Hiltons. Reading this thread, I presume I was not given the "executive" upgrade because they did not want to offer me a free airport transfer, which is understandable as my rate was quite low. Although not facing the creek directly, it was visible at an angle out of the window. There was a welcome card in the room with the wrong name, an apple and some dates. Shortly afterwards, a porter came up to deliver a replacement card with the correct name and collected the other card. Feeling a bit awkward about just delivering a piece of paper, he decided to introduce me to some features of the room before leaving.

As the vast majority of my stays are 1 night, I rarely get to know any lounge attendants, so usually don't make much conversation in other properties. Yet the ones here were chatting to me as though I'd been staying for a week already, and likewise with all the other guests in the lounge. Maybe it's just how Filipinos are. They also referred to the food as "dinner" and there was no feeling (you sometimes get it in other properties) that you're supposed to go and have a proper meal later - everyone was stuffing their faces full. There was a chicken penne with copious amounts of meat, soups, a large salad selection with good hummus (surprisingly, I've experienced bad hummus in Dubai a few times) and desserts, with a tended bar. The food was taken away promptly at 8pm with most of it going into the trash despite everyone having filled their plates.

The main issues with the room were the lack of plug sockets, which were only in a corner at the edge of the table, and one by the door which was touching the floor and physically impossible to insert any plugs with wires that point downwards out of the plug. The toilet was low which made it uncomfortable to sit. It took at least 3 minutes for the shower to heat up, even with the water thermostat on max. I don't know if it's just how it is in the UAE, but the same thing happened to me in the EK F lounge showers, of all places.

Restaurant breakfast was excellent. There were pork sausages and bacon hidden in the furthest corner, but they were a bit sad-looking. The non-pork sausages and bacon were pretty tasty so I just had those.

Despite the minor issues, an enjoyable stay which felt less "clinical" than I typically get with other Hiltons in big world cities.
:D! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 18, 7:04 pm
  #130  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: YQF
Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred, Nexus/GE
Posts: 3,472
Originally Posted by :D! View Post
Time to put a bit of positivity back in this thread - the following is just a stream of consciousness regarding my recent 1 night stay.

I took the metro to Union Station followed by a taxi. The ride cost 11 Dhs rather than the 30-40 it would have been all the way from the airport, though I didn't come from there. Despite the short drive I had a very interesting conversation with the driver, who stopped at the back entrance (which I wouldn't have known about otherwise). This likely saved 1 dirham off the fare, so I intended to tip him the extra coin. However he didn't stop the meter while he finished his story about his home town, and it ticked up to 12 anyway so that's what he got.

I approached the front desk, behind which there were several staff milling around. It turned out that only one of them was actually able to check guests in, and he was occupied with another guest. One of the other staff was the concierge, who printed my registration form but was unable to proceed further. I was not told, and didn't ask, whether lounge check-in was possible. A porter poured me a juice, and I waited 8 minutes but it did not seem that long as I proceeded to get online after overhearing the previous guest being told the wifi passcode (my phone charges 600x my home rate to use data in the Middle East).

The word "Diamond" was not uttered by anyone at the front desk; not that I particularly care. Unlike a previous poster, I didn't need to sign a credit card slip, but the pre-auth (of 350 AED on a prepaid room) was actually charged to my card and voided/refunded on check-out, though this only became evident after both transactions processed a few days later. I asked if I could have breakfast in the restaurant and was told "of course". Breakfast times are 0700-1100 and evening lounge service is 1800-2000.

Having booked the lowest room, I was upgraded to a Deluxe room. This was the first time in a while that I haven't been upgraded to an "executive" room, but the room here was much nicer and more spacious than the so-called "executive" rooms I usually get upgraded to in European Hiltons. Reading this thread, I presume I was not given the "executive" upgrade because they did not want to offer me a free airport transfer, which is understandable as my rate was quite low. Although not facing the creek directly, it was visible at an angle out of the window. There was a welcome card in the room with the wrong name, an apple and some dates. Shortly afterwards, a porter came up to deliver a replacement card with the correct name and collected the other card. Feeling a bit awkward about just delivering a piece of paper, he decided to introduce me to some features of the room before leaving.

As the vast majority of my stays are 1 night, I rarely get to know any lounge attendants, so usually don't make much conversation in other properties. Yet the ones here were chatting to me as though I'd been staying for a week already, and likewise with all the other guests in the lounge. Maybe it's just how Filipinos are. They also referred to the food as "dinner" and there was no feeling (you sometimes get it in other properties) that you're supposed to go and have a proper meal later - everyone was stuffing their faces full. There was a chicken penne with copious amounts of meat, soups, a large salad selection with good hummus (surprisingly, I've experienced bad hummus in Dubai a few times) and desserts, with a tended bar. The food was taken away promptly at 8pm with most of it going into the trash despite everyone having filled their plates.

The main issues with the room were the lack of plug sockets, which were only in a corner at the edge of the table, and one by the door which was touching the floor and physically impossible to insert any plugs with wires that point downwards out of the plug. The toilet was low which made it uncomfortable to sit. It took at least 3 minutes for the shower to heat up, even with the water thermostat on max. I don't know if it's just how it is in the UAE, but the same thing happened to me in the EK F lounge showers, of all places.

Restaurant breakfast was excellent. There were pork sausages and bacon hidden in the furthest corner, but they were a bit sad-looking. The non-pork sausages and bacon were pretty tasty so I just had those.

Despite the minor issues, an enjoyable stay which felt less "clinical" than I typically get with other Hiltons in big world cities.

I have stayed here three times in the past 18 months, its cheap as its close to the metro and cab is only 40AED. The Executive Lounge is OK and rooms are newer and fine. Yes a big lack of plug ins, staff training is a hit and miss here, but friendly when chatting. The pool is small and crowded due to the bar and location. Beds are nice, plumbing is slow, but its cheap safe and close to everything and its newer. I don't mind it, I like the others i stayed at better but they cost more and more than double the cab fair.
HerpaYvr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 19, 9:26 am
  #131  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London
Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Posts: 11,750
Ramadan and the executive lounge

Different countries, and indeed hotels within those countries, address alcohol-related issues during Ramadan in different ways.

This year I'll be at the Hilton Dubai Creek for a week in the holy month. Will I be able to get a beer in the executive lounge?
IAN-UK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 19, 11:19 am
  #132  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London
Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Posts: 11,750
Ramadan and the executive lounge

oops! duplicate
IAN-UK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 19, 10:27 am
  #133  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London
Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Posts: 11,750
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
Different countries, and indeed hotels within those countries, address alcohol-related issues during Ramadan in different ways.

This year I'll be at the Hilton Dubai Creek for a week in the holy month. Will I be able to get a beer in the executive lounge?
And the answer is NO

And nor will you get breakfast in the lounge, but rather in the small, over-crowded breakfast cafe.


The hotel is nice enough. Dated rather than old: black and chrome theme throughout. It's small in terms or room numbers, but has 14 floors - so providing only two, small capacity lifts wasn't a smart move.

As usual, executive rooms are no different to lesser rooms, simply on higher floors. The lounge doesn't impress, but does its job.

HGI is a better value option.
IAN-UK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 19, 10:56 am
  #134  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Antwerpen - Belgium
Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Melia Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 510
Just managed to book here for a 209++ per night in October (which is when high season starts - rate was more than double when I looked last week), booked Conrad originally for 600++ semiflex and saw the cheap rate for Hilton Dubai Creek (prepaid) - couldn't resist at this price difference. Think it could have been a small error (rate was gone a few hours after I booked it)?
Delectatio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 19, 12:01 am
  #135  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London
Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Posts: 11,750
Originally Posted by Delectatio View Post
Just managed to book here for a 209++ per night in October (which is when high season starts - rate was more than double when I looked last week), booked Conrad originally for 600++ semiflex and saw the cheap rate for Hilton Dubai Creek (prepaid) - couldn't resist at this price difference. Think it could have been a small error (rate was gone a few hours after I booked it)?
I'm hoping those are AED

It's a good rate. But it's a hotel which has found its own niche somewhere closer to Doubletree than Hilton. And with higher-yield tourism focussed ever more sharply on the ghastly Marina/Jumeira nexus, the rate probably represents fair value in capacity-burdened Dubai.

It as probably a sale rate. What would be surprising is getting a low rate over a number of nights. Hilton pricing often suffocates the low rates on multi-night stays and presents the highest rate per night, rather than an average rate, or (God forbid!) the lowest. On my stay I had to book individual nights to get advantage of a couple of low nightly rates.
IAN-UK is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread