Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

No more booking bonus, no more member get a member bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2003, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA

I just found out that both the 500 booking bonus and the member get a member referral ended 12/31/02. One might still be there if you are diamond, but I don't recall any notification of this. This might be the final straw. They have taken so much away that I have to see if it is really worth spending more for a hotel stay. If they are the best deal - fine. They aren't always. I was expecting quite a few extra points from a family function in which I referred a lot of people to the Hilton program. Am I the only one that did not know about these changes?

------------------
Ms.DtG
Old Apr 25, 2003, 12:56 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dgordon:
I just found out that both the 500 booking bonus and the member get a member referral ended 12/31/02. One might still be there if you are diamond, but I don't recall any notification of this. This might be the final straw. They have taken so much away that I have to see if it is really worth spending more for a hotel stay. If they are the best deal - fine. They aren't always. I was expecting quite a few extra points from a family function in which I referred a lot of people to the Hilton program. Am I the only one that did not know about these changes?

</font>
With all due respect...You've GOT to be kidding.

Your considering the "final straw" a lack of a booking bonus? Where are you going to go? Marriot...no booking bonus there, Starwood??? Nope, none either.

If you don't like it, then go somewhere else. Sorry, but I'm so tired of hearing FT'rs whine about every little thing. Losing 500 points is considered a "little thing", items like BA Exec Club changes, etc...Are not.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

With all due respect....what upsets me is the lack of communication. The member get a member amounts to about 5k. I think that all the changes made stink and I think the marketing dept has rocks in their heads. I really don't need to be chastised by you for expressing my displeasure at everything that is taken away. You see, they just got me...but not for very long. I will consider carefully the "extra" I would pay to stay at a Hilton and what I will get for it. Frankly, I am equally sick of FT's needing to criticize what others say. If you don't like what I said, don't waste your time answering me.

------------------
Ms.DtG
Old Apr 25, 2003, 1:22 pm

Ok, lets steer this back to the topic of your original post.

1)Your upset because the member get a member bonus scheme ended 12/31/02

Well, I just got a member get a member sheet this WEEK in the mail, so it's not ended for some at least. Is is possible that member get a member is targetted?

2)Your upset because they ended the 500 pts booking bonus. Did they ever promise this would continue?

I have never seen anything promising they would continue this. If you have, then you have a right to be angry. For me, it was a simple wiz-bang promotion that I used. It didn't influence my purchasing decisiions.

3)Have you called Hilton and explained your current situation? I have found Hilton to be more than understanding in many issues.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 1:57 pm

I have to agree with the original poster.
From now on, I will book based on the best price, location or whatever criteria I choose that day. No more loyalty to any hotel program. Loyalty is a 2-way street. it requires reciprical action, and I feel that Hilton no longer deserves my loyalty.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 2:52 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dgordon:
. Frankly, I am equally sick of FT's needing to criticize what others say. If you don't like what I said, don't waste your time answering me.

</font>
If you don't like criticism, don't post on here. After all, this is a PUBLIC forum.

Old Apr 25, 2003, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Criticism is not what FT is all about, and if only those thick skinned to enjoy criticism posted we might lose a lot of very good contributions. The purpose is not to judge, but to share. Over the years that I have been here I have seen some very good people leave because they got disgusted with some people's need to be unnecessarily critical. You can disagree without being critical. It might do everyone better in life if you practice here. I don't expect people to agree but sarcasm is unnecessary. It REALLY is unnecessary.

------------------
Ms.DtG
Old Apr 25, 2003, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Well, you must be diamond - so you get to keep your member get a member bonus -

------------------
Ms.DtG
Old Apr 25, 2003, 4:54 pm

Well, you must be diamond - so you get to keep your member get a member bonus -

</font>
FWIW...

I also checked with a co-worker who got one last week. He is not Diamond, but rather Gold.

In terms of resolving your issues, have you called Hilton?

[This message has been edited by mymiles2go (edited 04-25-2003).]
Old Apr 25, 2003, 5:27 pm

Note: I will no longer continue to post on this thread. Some person who's e-mail I will not post at this juncture has decided to e-mailing me calling me names that wouldn't be appropriate to post here.

I in no way think dgordon sent this e-mail. They have been around Flytertalk long enough to know that FT'ers can occasionally debate items, but never anybody with any beans resorts to naming calling in private e-mail.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

I called Hilton to find out why my points did not post - clearly before I posted here... and I was told that both perks ended 12/31/02. I believe she said that Diamond would still get the referral bonus. If a gold you know got the bonus I will call again with that piece of information. Maybe he was lucky. You are right, I did not send a private e-mail. Anything I have to say I say openly and that would reduce me to a level that I would not admire. Let's keep helping each other. That is what FT is about.

------------------
Ms.DtG
Old Apr 25, 2003, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Dia
Booking bonus? Ha! Hilton decided that, instead of rewarding customers for booking on Hilton sites, they'd punish us for booking on other sites. So now any points you get are your booking bonus I didn't even know the member get member bonus existed until I heard it had been discontinued. That's life, I suppose.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the thread. At least it answers my question if anybody else knows about this. I just never caught that thread. Interesting that just in Feb people were told that the program was still active, but I was told it ended 12/31/02. Maybe it ended for Gold and not Diamond??? Makes me feel better that I am not the only one upset by this.

------------------
Ms.DtG
Old Apr 26, 2003, 9:06 am

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
Thanks for the thread. At least it answers my question if anybody else knows about this. I just never caught that thread. Interesting that just in Feb people were told that the program was still active, but I was told it ended 12/31/02. Maybe it ended for Gold and not Diamond??? Makes me feel better that I am not the only one upset by this.</font>
I'm with you on this one. No notice on this and on top of that they were accepting registration of new referrals in February without a word that they woudn't be honoring the points. I called and they claimed they sent out notification which is absolutely not true. Couldn't tell me where, when or how said notification was made.
I have the Hilton AMEX card, own a Hilton time share and currently on track for Diamond status by June. All the recent changes have me wondering if I shouldn't be looking at other programs. I see that Hilton tied for second place in one category of the Freddies, a pretty dismal performances in the customer service world.

------------------
"A day without Points/Miles is like a day without SUNSHINE"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.