Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2500 Points for Hilton survey

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2003, 6:22 am

Good Question,

However I have not recieved the points from last stay either through Sunday Morning
Old Mar 6, 2003, 9:00 pm

Hi all -

Took the survey and used by email address I have on my Hilton profile.

Got miles.

I changed my email address on my Hilton profile today.

Took the survey again today.

Lets see if I get miles posting.
Old Mar 6, 2003, 9:15 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jmarqua1:
Hi all -

Took the survey and used by email address I have on my Hilton profile.

Got miles.

I changed my email address on my Hilton profile today.

Took the survey again today.

Lets see if I get miles posting.
</font>
I don't think it posted, unless you were tageted.

[This message has been edited by PaulGQ (edited 03-08-2003).]
Old Mar 8, 2003, 3:33 pm

No Points yet
Old Mar 8, 2003, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Forrestor Research did this survey and they are a bunch of ROTTEN eggs! Did anyone enter their Hilton HHonors number anywhere in it??

SHADO
Old Mar 9, 2003, 8:23 am

No but I did enter my resistered email that the targeted email was sent to
Old Mar 9, 2003, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Targetted or not, I'm reading that NO ONE is getting any points. Then what do we all do, call Forrestor Research and say "you bunch of bogus market research telemarketers"? Ever work in one of those "joints"? Horrible, insane, waste of money.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 6:39 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SHADO:
Then what do we all do, call Forrestor Research and say "you bunch of bogus market research telemarketers"? Ever work in one of those "joints"? Horrible, insane, waste of money.</font>
First off, market research is not telemarketing. Secondly, what do you mean by a horrible, insane, waste of money?
Market research does nothing but try to benefit consumers like you and I.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 4:59 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold

And don't forget the very valuable information this will supply regarding the "FT Multiplier".

For example:
We sent 1000 targetted e-mail and we got 10,000 completed surveys suggesting that the FT Multiplier is 10 (Numbers are for illustration only).

-- Dambus
Old Mar 10, 2003, 7:08 am

Location: Austin, TX - AA ExPlat (1.4MM); Hyatt Plat; Hilton Dia; SPG Plat; National ExecElite, Hertz 5*
Coopercinci - I smell a fellow market researcher. Glad you said something to clear up what market research is all about - helping companies better meet customer needs.

My company works extensively with Forrester Research, so I would also add that Forrester is a highly regarded research firm (mostly in the technology industry, but some travel and other industries as well) that does not do telemarketing of any kind. In fact, except for certain web surveys (like the HHonors one), Forrester typically does not field its own research - it is outsourced to firms that specialize in phone/mail surveys, data tabulation, etc.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 7:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I see. Forrester doesn't do telemarketing. They use hired guns for that. Well, that makes it all better.

I'm pretty burnt out on sleazy "research" firms that take my data and use it without holding up their end of the bargain. (I don't know about this specific offer - I'm mainly peeved with the slimeballs that run surveys for AA.)
Old Mar 10, 2003, 11:10 am

I say telemarketing.

And it does the industry so much good when no one reads the questions and just answers A A A A A A A A through out the entire questionaire to get through it it quickly for the points.

Real accurate results really helping the industry. Just more waste that we the consumer has to pay for through higher rates.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 11:29 am

Market research is not telemarketing. Telemarketing is when you try to sell someone something over the telephone. In market research, you will never, ever be asked to purchase anything. It just wants consumers' opinions. That's it. It's there only for your benefit and typically there's an incentive for even participating in surveys - for instance, this thread here where you receive 2,500 points.

If you don't like market research, you don't have to participate, but don't try to compare it to telemarketing, because it isn't.

And, maybe YOU aren't reading the questions and answering the questions, but most people are. It sounds like you're part of the problem. I can't believe you're complaining when you admit that you're not even upholding your end of the bargain.

[This message has been edited by coopercinci (edited 03-10-2003).]
Old Mar 11, 2003, 9:33 pm

Show me the points - has any one recieved them ?
Old Mar 11, 2003, 9:53 pm

Telemarketing is not just sales, it is marketing. And surveys are most definetly a form marketing. Instead of Forrester selling timeshares for cash or offering to refinance my house at a better rate, these people are selling 2500 points for my time and insight.

And your right, it isn't telemarkeing, it's compumarketing.

Further, if you are foolish enough to think most people are reading the questions in full and coming up with thoughtful accurate answers on this questionaire, you should get out of the marketing business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.