Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honors Gold status

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
Yes it is a benefit for ALL Honors members. So even if you are Honors Blue you get the Spouse Stays Free at all properties except Hampton's.
Do they have Hampton Inns in the parts of the world where this could possibly be an issue?

Even in regular Asian, European, and African Hiltons I've never thought of a 1 vs. 2 distinction. *shrug* Either I overpaid by typing "2" in the number of guests or I always had 1 there and didn't notice it. (Whatever it defaults to, that's what I've probably booked with.)

The 2 vs. 3 distinction I've absolutely noticed at a lot of European hotels. Mainly Starwoods IME but I imagine any brand in an older building with many different room configurations would have the same thing (a hard limit of 2 in the room).
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), SPG, Marriott Rewards, ALoyalty, Club Carlson, M&M
Originally Posted by CIT85
You have a few issues to consider.

1) UK Hiltons are very poor, especially outside of London.
2) Some 3rd party bookings may not get you HHONORS Gold benefits, depends on the 3rd party. The bed preference also needs to be confirmed by Hilton.
3) Hilton is weaker than other chains in guaranteeing room type and bed preference. Hyatt actually guarantees bed preference booked.
Sorry, the quote got posted by mistake and I can't find an option to delete it, so I'm adding this remark.

Last edited by DannyDarko; Feb 13, 2012 at 7:59 pm Reason: Technical difficulties

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.