Wiki Posts
Search

Multiple Stays - same "city"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2001, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FL, AA, DL
Multiple hotels, one trip

Okay, now I'm starting to worry that this won't work...

I'm trying to get the 50K bonus points, based on 4 stays. So for an upcoming trip I'm staying at an Embassy Suites the first night, a Hampton Inn the second night, and the same Embassy Suites the third night. Is this really going to register as three stays? I'm checking in and out three times. The only thing I'm worried about is the two Embassy Suites stays that are only a day apart.

I'd go to a third hotel, but there's no third hotel in the area that I can find for government per diem rates. And besides, the Embassy Suites sounds nice...

I guess the worst that happens is I only get credited for two stays, even though I had to bounce around hotels.
Old Jun 4, 2001, 7:35 pm
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by ebell:
Okay, now I'm starting to worry that this won't work...

I'm trying to get the 50K bonus points, based on 4 stays. So for an upcoming trip I'm staying at an Embassy Suites the first night, a Hampton Inn the second night, and the same Embassy Suites the third night. Is this really going to register as three stays? I'm checking in and out three times. The only thing I'm worried about is the two Embassy Suites stays that are only a day apart.

I'd go to a third hotel, but there's no third hotel in the area that I can find for government per diem rates. And besides, the Embassy Suites sounds nice...

I guess the worst that happens is I only get credited for two stays, even though I had to bounce around hotels.
</font>

You will get credit for 3 stays so long as gov't rates qualify. As I am not a gov't employee, I do not know that answer.

Old Jun 4, 2001, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
it'll work.

as long as you have at least a day's rest between check out and check in at the same property, you're OK.
Old Jun 4, 2001, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should have no problem getting credited for three stays as noted above. Be careful as some Embassey Suites properities do not give HH credit (ie some Vacation Club places such as the one on Maui). As far as I know, ALL the nice Hampton Inn properities give HH credit.

MisterNice
Old Jun 4, 2001, 9:22 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Shouldn't be a problem, double check they have your number in the system, and keep a copy of the records just in case you have to get it back later. You should be fine.

Old Jun 4, 2001, 10:43 pm

did a memorial day run -- 3 hotels 3 nights all in same town, got credit for 2 so far (the first two, back to back) only waiting for the hilton to post. So should be no problem.
Old Jul 3, 2001, 9:47 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
MULTIPLE STAYS IN SAME CITY

Does anyone know if this plan will work (all stays in same city)?

Sun. - Check into Garden Inn
Mon. - Check out of Garden Inn, check into Hilton Hotel.
Tues. - Check into Doubletree and check out on Thurs.
Thurs. - Check out of Doubletree and check into Hilton.

To me, I should get credit for 4 stays based on above - per discussion with Gold HHonors, I was told it was O.K. as long as you did not check out and back into same hotel on same day.

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks - "Cruising for Diamond".

Old Jul 3, 2001, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
You will have absolutely no problem earning four distinct stays with this itinerary.
Old Jul 3, 2001, 10:52 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Larry,

Thanks - i thought it was pretty smart.
Old Jul 3, 2001, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, WN A-List Pref, MR LT Plat, SPG LT Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by freeupgrade:
Thanks - i thought it was pretty smart.</font>
Well, yes...if checking in/out of four different hotels in one week when you don't have to qualifies you as "smart". But I do understand the lure of extra stays, especially now that you are getting 1000 airline miles per.

Old Jul 4, 2001, 2:48 am

well, i thought it did re: extra air miles as well as getting to Diamond a lot faster - am closing in on it rapidly.
Old Jul 4, 2001, 6:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
As long as you don't mind moving its great, you get the
1. Base pts
2. Double base pts
3. elite bonus
4. Airline Hh bonus pts
5. after that fourth stay 4000 pt threshold bonus for the qtr
6. Car rental bonus pts
7 Airline Miles
8. Airline double miles

For exp my four night (same city different Hilton) $75 a night stay is netting me approximately 13,500 points and 4000 CO miles all for $300 bucks plus tax and energy fees. In addition to requalification night credits based on stays although I don't need them, that is how I got to Diamond in the first place

Old Jul 4, 2001, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

May I add just one idea for your great plan:

Substitute one of the Hilton stays with a Hampton or another Hilton brand.

That way you will have 4 partners in the 20 partners for 20,000 miles promotion that AA is running.
Old Jul 4, 2001, 8:28 am

Thanks all - How do I get Car Rental Bonus - I have yet to figure that out??

Old Jul 4, 2001, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

freeupgrade,

Noticed you are based in Dallas. Did you find some good rates for your multiple stay? I might need to do at least one local stay to get my full bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.