Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2,500 Bonus points

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2003, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
2,500 Bonus points

2,500 bonus points on your next stay completed within 60 days of registering.

It's referred to as the "Service Center Thank You Bonus!"

Code AGNT

Some of the CSR's aren't up to speed on it yet so I would refer to it both ways. One person was told it's targeted for people that haven't stayed in awhile. Just call back I know someone who just signed up for HH this week and they got it added to their account.

------------------
"A day without Points is like a day without SUNSHINE"
Old Jan 17, 2003, 11:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
That's cool. Sounds like a way for AGeNTs to "give" away points but not without getting something in return for the company.

Of course, unless something has changed, the agents are actually authorized to give points away. Any time you have any type of problem, or are just feeling particularly charming, you can always ask for a courtesy credit or "Service Center Adjustment", as it appears on your statement.

I've gotten them for up to 5,000 points, on more than one occasion.

[This message has been edited by Rut Dog (edited 01-17-2003).]
Old Jan 17, 2003, 11:37 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Can you sign up for this online or do you have to call?
Old Jan 17, 2003, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
Can you sign up for this online or do you have to call?</font>
You have to call

------------------
Old Jan 18, 2003, 12:47 am

Programs: AA Platinum & a bunch of hotel statuses
When I called up the agent said that it was only for members who haven't had activity in their accounts recently. That being said, she talked to a supervisor and gave me the bonus anyway. She says that it will post after the next stay I have (not sure how much later).
Old Jan 18, 2003, 7:57 am

Thank you a fast 2,500 points!
Old Jan 18, 2003, 8:30 am

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
I just called and the CSR said I was signed up. I'm Diamond and had no problems!
Old Jan 18, 2003, 10:20 am

Anybody know if it has to be a paid stay?
Old Jan 18, 2003, 10:31 am

Piece of cake. Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2003, 11:01 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Derf:
Anybody know if it has to be a paid stay?</font>
I don't know. Do you get other points for non-paid stays? If not then I would guess you won't for this one either. If so I would like to know how you do that.

------------------
Old Jan 18, 2003, 1:59 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Samiam:
When I called up the agent said that it was only for members who haven't had activity in their accounts recently. That being said, she talked to a supervisor and gave me the bonus anyway. She says that it will post after the next stay I have (not sure how much later).</font>
I had a similar experience (and was told similarly), except the CSR transferred me to a supervisor. Both the initial CSR and the supervisor asked me where I had gotten the code. After replying that I had received it from an aquaintance, the supervisor explained to me that this was an internal code, that my friend had probably gotten it from FlyerTalk, and that the code was making the rounds on travel bulletin boards. She was very friendly and professional.

[This message has been edited by cblaisd (edited 01-18-2003).]
Old Jan 18, 2003, 2:05 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Superd1:
Originally posted by Derf:
Anybody know if it has to be a paid stay?</font>
I don't know. Do you get other points for non-paid stays? If not then I would guess you won't for this one either. If so I would like to know how you do that.

You do get credit for nights on point stays beginning 1-01-03. You also earn points on any incidental charges on point stays.

Old Jan 18, 2003, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cblaisd:
the supervisor explained to me that this was an internal code, that my friend had probably gotten it from FlyerTalk, and that the code was making the rounds on travel bulletin boards. She was very friendly and professional.</font>
I hate to burst their bubble but I heard about the promo on another board but the person didn't know the code so when I called in to sign up I told the CSR that I wanted to pass it on to my father and the name of the promo as well as the code was the response I received. No mention that it was an internal code or some secret promo,
Sorry Hilton!

------------------
Old Jan 18, 2003, 4:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Thank you for the post! As luck would have it, tonight will be the "next stay" for us for the 2500 pts. I called and asked told the agent I wanted to sign up for promo code AGNT. She couldn't find it, and asked where I'd gotten it from. I told her it was in a mailing, that I guess I hadn't stayed in a while. She put me on hold, came back, and put in the code! Yahoo!

------------------
Missing the Wings of Man, Whisperliners, and the overall civility in air travel!
Old Jan 18, 2003, 10:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I just asked if I was able to sign up for it. He went to check and came back and said no problem.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.