Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Best Hilton Honors Properties in the World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Best Hilton Honors Properties in the World

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2006, 6:20 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
What is the best Hilton Property worldwide?

I am looking for a trip this fall, I have enough FF miles to go anywhere, and enough HH points to stay anywhere for a week. I have stayed at the Cavalieri Hilton in Rome and think it is spectacular! I have also heard wonderful things about the Hilton Waikoloa Village (If you like that paradise-type setting )

So, where in the world should I go?
Old Apr 28, 2006, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Check this thread:
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...property+world

(Search is our friend.)
Old Apr 28, 2006, 9:25 am

Conrad Bali... Paradise
Old Apr 28, 2006, 9:33 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by linsj
Check this thread:
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...property+world

(Search is our friend.)
Sorry if I offended you. Yes, search is our friend, however the threads I found (including the one you referred) are nearly two years old. Things change. I didn't see a post from you in that thread, do you have a favorite Hilton?
Old Apr 28, 2006, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Silver, *Wood Gold, Marriott Silver
The Cavalieri is by far the most spectacular Hilton I've stayed in, but I've not visited any of the resort properties except HHV. Also the best Hilton VIP treatment I've received with the exception of South Africa.

Some notes from my visit last summer (as a Diamond):

- HHonors VIP check-in has a separate room in the lobby. Walked to room personally by check-in lady and welcomed by name on TV.

- Welcomed with bottle of champagne/spumante and two champagne glasses plus welcome card and box of gumdrops with Cavalieri logo.

- Room has view of the city, including the Vatican, and private terrace. Unbelieveable smell of jasmine from the flowering plants that cover the entire side of the hotel. We sleep with the terrace doors open so the smell wafts in all night.

- Room has robe and slippers, gorgeous down comforter, bed has tons of pillows (plus pillow menu!) and soap menu. Minibar has Fauchon products and full compliment of stemware. Classy! DVD player, sitting area, blue and white marble in bathroom with bidet and fabulous shower, Hermes toiletries (generous too! 3 soaps, cologne, shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, bath gel). In closets are tons of nice things I am tempted to steal like leather shoehorn and logo bottle opener, and several things I do steal, like plastic garment bag and plastic logo shopping bag. Laundry bag is canvas. Nice touch!

- Club room: We missed dinner but there was an assortment of desserts and wines/champagne when we arrived. In the AM we had a fantastic breakfast buffet – low fat yogurt, beautiful fruit, nuts and dried fruits, meats, also scrambled eggs, bacon, cereals including muesli, juices labeled with a small bowl of the fruit they came from, several kinds of breads with gorgeous jams/marmalades and honeys, and some gouda type cheese.

- In the elevator lobby on 8, there are framed costumes worn by Nureyev (!wow!) as well as in the Club Room. Unbelievable art and furniture and marble everywhere including in rooms but esp. on the club floor and lobby. Gorgeous rooftop terrace, lovely poolside dining in restaurant with very good pastas (but overpriced).

- Parking only 4 euros if you are insane enough to drive there (we were), free shuttle to the city but only during the day, you can’t stay in the city for dinner or you’ll miss the last one. Taxi to airport is 105 euros before 8am and 80 euros after.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by trm2
Sorry if I offended you. Yes, search is our friend, however the threads I found (including the one you referred) are nearly two years old. Things change. I didn't see a post from you in that thread, do you have a favorite Hilton?
Some people believe it is better to bump that old thread up than to start a new one, but YMMV

Welcome to FT!
Old Apr 28, 2006, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by trm2
No offense taken; sometimes newbies don't know about search. It is easier when searching later not to have multiple threads on the same topic but to bump an old thread.

I haven't been to many Hiltons around the world. My current two favorites are the Hawaiian resorts.
Old May 13, 2006, 6:21 pm
D&D

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold
What are the Top Hiltons in the World?

So what are the very best Hilton properties in the world? I am sure there are some typical favorites, but are there some lesser known or newer locations out there that compete for the best? Are there any Hilton's that are heads and shoulders above the rest for a great vacation?

My wife and I have managed to collect a bunch of Hilton points and are trying to figure out where we should use them as we plan our next vacation.

Our experience with Hilton points has been that the quality of the specific hotel and how well they cater to HHonors Gold/Diamond members is even more important than the geographical location itself. For instance if you travel to some exotic location that sounds great (ie Bahamas), but then you get there and the Hilton itself is less than top notch (to downright poor), you are in for a dissapointing week, free or not.

So with that said, we are trying to determine what the very best Hilton Family hotels are in the world, and we will use this information to guide us to where we should use our points most wisely. We are very open minded to any locations, but the geographic areas that we would prefer are:

-Any Top Beach resort (although we have looked and it seems almost impossible to get to Maldives from the US )
-Europe
-Other exciting and safe vacation locations, preferably outside of the US

The 3 criteria we personally look for in a Hilton are:
-As close to a 5 star hotel as possible. New and/or up to date property, top notch rooms with all of the nice touches like high end bathrooms, great views, great pool and/or beach if relevant considering location
-A property that really goes out of their way to accomodate the Gold/Diamond members. By this we mean consistent room upgrades (at least exec floor or better- ie Suites) and a great Executive Lounge, as well as a very customer focused staff
-Then, an exciting location to support the hotel experience. I guess if at the end of the day the best hotel is in the middle of nowhere or is completely business focused, that doesn't work either

We really are interested in hearing what people vote for as the "Top Hiltons in the World" according to the basic criteria we have mentioned (which seems would be important to everyone on a vacation). It seems that with all of the collective Hilton travel experience on this forum that some great choices will emerge. Thanks to all in advance for your input!

Last edited by D&D; May 13, 2006 at 6:27 pm
Old May 13, 2006, 6:26 pm

Programs: UAL1K 2MM UGS, Hilton Gold
I'm partial to the Munich City Hilton, although mainly for the location - close to the city center and camped on top of the S-Bahn station.

Rooms are nice after the last redo, but probably not the sort of top drawer OP's looking for.

Aloha,

Lihue1k
Old May 13, 2006, 7:16 pm

With doubt the Conrad Bali would meet all of your requirements. Wonderful to exotic location; great property; modern spa; and an awesome treatment of Diamonds (don't know about Golds).

The only problem is that the rates are usually so cheap (circa $15-130++ tax and service) you may wish to keep your points.

Enroute to Bali, you could consider a stop at the KL HIlton - also a great modern property.

And for something completely different: How abot the Conrad Jutipers on the Gold Coast of Queensland Australia. This is also a great property.

Have fun deciding
Old May 14, 2006, 6:20 am

Don't forget that on June 1, 2006, a lot of the award points requirements go up for Hilton properties. Whatever you decide, if you can get those reservations in by the end of the month (even if it's for up to a year later) you may save a lot of points. Heck, you might be able to plan two vacations with the points you'll save.
Old May 14, 2006, 7:02 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
conrad tokyo, bali and bkk

i would say the best bet is to look for conards.

the normal hiltons are not as good as the conrads.

there are exceptions, do not go to the conrad hongkong, even the new rooms are not good.

your best bet is the Conrad Tokyo.
its the greatest hotel in tokyo these days. the hilton tokyo has some renovated suites too, they are awsome too!

friends have been at conrad bali and conrad bkk and they say they are similar to the tokyo conrad.

i have not seen a hilton , which was worth 40000 points to spent. normally the hiltons are a bit old and in the ritz style, i dont like that kind of old style hotels.

dp
Old May 14, 2006, 7:17 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by D&D
So what are the very best Hilton properties in the world?
Curious what properties you have found in your research.

Welcome to FT!

--
Old May 14, 2006, 7:55 am
ckc

Programs: AC-SE, HH - Gld
Although I haven't stayed at the Cavalieri in Rome as of yet (I will be in July), it's one of the few Hilton properties featured in their Fine Hotels and Resorts program.
Not that I would necessarily consider this the bible of great properties, but it can be a positive indicator.
Old May 14, 2006, 8:29 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by derpelikan
do not go to the conrad hongkong, even the new rooms are not good.
Couldn't disagree more. Always treated very well here and the rooms are fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.