Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Cape Town City Centre {ZAF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Cape Town City Centre {ZAF}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by CFFrost
Kind of an odd question which is maybe a better question to be posed more broadly, but I'll put it here since the reservation is specific to this hotel:

I have a 10 night reward stay booked for September at this hotel. I changed my flights so now I only need 9 nights. However, due to the "5th night free" deal, I will NOT get any points back when I change the reservation. I have no need for late check out (we're driving to Kynsna after CPT so will be leaving early morning) or early check in (our new flight arrives at 1:10 pm with hotel check-in listed at 2pm, so we should arrive right at check-in time or slightly thereafter). Given that we don't get any points back, is there any reason to maintain the "extra" night or do we just run the risk of the reservation being cancelled when we do not show up on the first night? I could also change the reservation to check-in on the actual day of arrival and check out a day later and plan on leaving a day before the check-out date, but give us the extra day in case we want to spend one more day in CPT and one less night in Knysna.

Just killing me to lose the "free" night . . .

Thanks in advance!
Change your check-in date and delay the check-out date by one day.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Wiirachay
Change your check-in date and delay the check-out date by one day.
Having two Hilton reservations for the same night (one in CPT one in Knysna) won't present a problem?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Having two Hilton reservations for the same night (one in CPT one in Knysna) won't present a problem?
Probably not.

One reason to shorten the dates is taxes.

Drive starts off rural- but gets better closer in.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Probably not.

Drive starts off rural- but gets better closer in.
I'll probably just change it to nine nights. I have no need for the tenth night. Just frustrated to stay less for the same amount.

We're driving all the way to Grahamstown for a couple of nights at Kwandwe, spending two nights at the Conrad in Knysna along the way. Did you self-drive? Any pointers?
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I'll probably just change it to nine nights. I have no need for the tenth night. Just frustrated to stay less for the same amount.

We're driving all the way to Grahamstown for a couple of nights at Kwandwe, spending two nights at the Conrad in Knysna along the way. Did you self-drive? Any pointers?
Self drove to PE.

Check out these threads for more info:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/afric...te-advice.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...th-africa.html
Old Mar 24, 2014, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Are you sure? I thought taxes were included in award stays.

We paid nothing extra for taxes on our award stay at the DT Cape Town last month.

I can't remember paying taxes on our award stay at the Hilton last year but if we did, it was pennies.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by Roger
Are you sure? I thought taxes were included in award stays.

We paid nothing extra for taxes on our award stay at the DT Cape Town last month.

I can't remember paying taxes on our award stay at the Hilton last year but if we did, it was pennies.
Oh are they covered w/ Hilton? I'm used to Cash & Points myself.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 3:12 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Oh are they covered w/ Hilton? I'm used to Cash & Points myself.
Yes, with full awards, they're covered at all properties I've stayed at. Cash & points do charge taxes IME.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by windycityf
I stayed here in May as Gold, they did not upgrade me but I did get lounge access. The staff really went out of their way to make me fell welcomed. I really enjoyed staying at this hotel and would recommend it.
Just returned from a three night stay. Upgraded to a suite. Fresh fruit.
Staff was really great. Kept food refilled in the exec lounge as long as people stayed . Found a box for us to load some souvenirs that didn't fit in a a suitcase and arrived with tape and scissors in hand. The travel desk that used to be there has moved out and is now located in the west in.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 2:27 am

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Just finishing a great two night award stay and upgraded to a suite on the top floor with a balcony stretching across both rooms. Staff are FANTASTIC. Offered breakfast in lounge or restaurant. Would definitlely stay here again.

Location was fine for us, but not near the Victoria and ALbert Waterfront which seems to be the big attraction for many. Did not use the free shuttle bus to the V&A so cannot comment on that. Since we rented an apartment at the V&A for the rest of our time in Cape Town this was not importnt to us.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Excellent news! Will be here on a four night AXON award this Christmas. How did you get to this hotel from the airport? I don't suppose they offer a shuttle?

Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960
Just finishing a great two night award stay and upgraded to a suite on the top floor with a balcony stretching across both rooms. Staff are FANTASTIC. Offered breakfast in lounge or restaurant. Would definitlely stay here again.

Location was fine for us, but not near the Victoria and ALbert Waterfront which seems to be the big attraction for many. Did not use the free shuttle bus to the V&A so cannot comment on that. Since we rented an apartment at the V&A for the rest of our time in Cape Town this was not importnt to us.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Excellent news! Will be here on a four night AXON award this Christmas. How did you get to this hotel from the airport? I don't suppose they offer a shuttle?
I arranged a car through the Hilton for a charge of 470 ZAR (about $37 US). We were met at arrivals (standard sign with our name on it) and driven to hotel in nice Mercedes sedan. I think it is well worth the price to not have to hassle with getting your own cab which would have been 300-350 ZAR. We would do the hotel car every time.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Okay, thanks for the tip. ^

Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960
I arranged a car through the Hilton for a charge of 470 ZAR (about $37 US). We were met at arrivals (standard sign with our name on it) and driven to hotel in nice Mercedes sedan. I think it is well worth the price to not have to hassle with getting your own cab which would have been 300-350 ZAR. We would do the hotel car every time.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Just completed 2 very comfortable stays in this hotel. Was upgraded to the one bedroom suite for the second stay and executive corner room for the first on the 8th floor both offering amazing views of the table mountain. Clean nicely appointed rooms with decent breakfast options and a very long happy hour at the lounge. All in all a very enjoyable experience. We used uber to get to and from the airport, also used it extensively aroundthe city and to get to stellenbosch. it was super easy, cheaper and very convenient.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Warning: no secure internet

My wife and I, both Diamonds, had a great stay at the Hilton Cape Town City Centre last week.

The 'guaranteed' upgrade (that's what it said in the e-mail) didn't work for the first night but for the remaining four we had a great King Suite. We enjoyed our stay very much.

There's one aspect I found worrying. Wifi internet is now complimentary, as in most Hiltons. However, the connection is insecure and a warning pops up that others may see your info. There's not even the need to apply a code: straight in! No offer of a premium secure connection.

They said that they had received no complaints of stolen data. i preferred not to take the risk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.