Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Lyon {FRA} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Lyon {FRA} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
and tights
Is that part of a cabaret?

I had 2 rooms there last week- both upgraded to suites on the 8th floor- one was the room with the balcony across the way from the EL lounge (804.) Where are you staying when you return? Although the location isn't optimal this is one property that for me is worth going a little out of the way for the Hilton convenience.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:38 am

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
We just completed two stays at the Hotel and we enjoyed them very much. The staff is excellent and the lounge really nice with an afternoon dessert time and evening snack time with drinks. We were upgraded to the executive floor and had the choice of breakfast in the lounge or downstairs. Received an amenity of sweets from the kitchen plus two bottles of water. We ate breakfast in both places on different days and both were good. The personnel in the lounge were really helpful and they were kept busy while we were there.
The hotel is a 12 minute bus ride from the train station on the C1. The train station is a 30 minute ride to the airport on the Rhone Express so getting around was really easy. The C5 bus stop is there too and it takes you down town. I will stay there again if ever in Lyon again. Hope they stay in the Hilton chain.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any recent stay experiences on this property?

We will have a 4 days little driving trip up from Nice to Paris passing Lyon and plan to stay at this property.

Would hope there are some recent experiences on this property.

TripAdvisor reviews seem pretty positive.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Goldpointsplus Gold, Avis First
Hilton Lyon

The property is a "little remote", but not far, from the city center. If you have a car it's not important. My wife and I were treated to the best accommodations we have ever had at a European Hilton. We were given an upgrade to a magnificent suite with two large bathrooms, a spacious living room and two separate bedrooms. The service could not have been better. This was September 2011. Should I go to Lyon again I would not hesitate to book this hotel.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 9:35 pm

I agree...outstanding service....they brought me a new bottle of vodka everyday in the executive lounge....personally sat it in front of me with two glasses....unbelievable...highly recommend....
Old Oct 16, 2013, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL MM & FO, HH Diamond
Pleasant Stay

I stayed at the Lyon Hilton this past weekend, a three night getaway. My experiences were very similar to JDiver's in the above post from 2012. I took the Rhone Express to the Gare Part-Dieu station, and connected to the C1 bus across from the station. The Musee d'Art Contemporain stop is right by the hotel.

Welcome was very pleasant, both in the lobby and the executive lounge. I unfortunately did not receive a suite upgrade, but rather an 'executive' room on the 5th floor that was not anything out of the ordinary. It faced the Parc Tete d'Or, with a nice view of the lakes there. I received a welcome gift of a packet of tasty maccarons shortly after arrival.

With diamond status I was able to access the lounge, which as reported, has a lovely view over the Rhone.

It was a little eerie to be the only person beside the attendant at both breakfast trips to the EL (no restaurant buffet option was offered, but the EL hot & cold offerings were fine) and very sparse attendance on two of the three evening visits. Things got much busier on my last night, Sunday. The Lumiere film festival started that next day, so that may have had something to do with it, in addition to the business travelers showing up.

There were tea and tartes/maccarons/pastries from about 5pm-6:30, and these were set aside on a cart but still available when they shifted to the hors d'oeuvres service at 6:30, which ran till 9pm. Plenty of nibbles, at least two cold and two warm appetizers each night, plus crudités and two sauces each day. An Abruzzo red, a local rose and a Pinot Grigio were on hand, and there was the happy sound of corks popping from Monopole blue label Champage often enough to keep glasses filled. There were about 8 bottles of spirits on hand, including Chartreuse. There was an array of flavored syrups, San Pellegrino sparkling water and bendy straws for the young and young-at-heart.

I really enjoyed my first visit to Lyon - the Gallo-Roman ruins, the great little Bouchon restaurants, the Rhone-side markets, and the pure luck to stumble into a Beaujolais festival in the square Terreaux.

I had learned a taxi to the airport is really expensive, and instead took one just as far as the Rhone Express stop at Gare Part-Dieu. I received a little lecture from the driver that I got too early a start, and as I stood alone in the dark at 4:30am for a 5am train, I understood what he meant. Fortunately other travelers started to assemble and all was fine.

I would definitely return, and hope this property stays in the Hilton family.

T2
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:48 am

2nd time I have stayed here in 2 weeks. Very nice hotel. Exec lounge good. Breakfast excellent. Little bit of a walk to any tourist attractions but nothing too bad, would strongly recommend.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:42 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Hilton Lyon

agree that the executive lounge is the highlight. Room was disappointing though. tiny shower and beat up furniture.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:07 pm

Guess I got lucky. Upgraded both times to 2 room suite on 8 th floor over looking river. Only confusion at my age was what bathroom to use! ( had 2. One in each room.)
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:10 pm

I love this hotel. The last time I visited, the hotel had blocked the Empire Suite for me. When the occupant extended his stay, the hotel apologized and put me in the Presidential Suite.

J-G, the F&B Manager, is very much on top of things. I especially like the Blue Elephant restaurant.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:57 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by bamboola
I love this hotel. The last time I visited, the hotel had blocked the Empire Suite for me.
I've been upgraded once for a two-night stay in the Empire Suite. The partners I had a meeting with decided that part of the meeting would be more enjoyable in my suite than in the meeting room!
Old May 15, 2014, 5:23 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Thumbs up Wonderful hotel

I had a 3 night stay at this lovely hotel last week. We were upgraded to a Rhone Suite which is directly across from the executive lounge--has its own balcony and 2 full bathrooms and overlooking the Rhone River. The lounge is wonderful. Around 2:30 I think they put out a large variety of wonderful sweets and bottles of wine including a delicious rose from the region. I believe at about 6:30, the savory items are brought out as is the champagne. Everyone at the hotel was helpful and friendly and the ladies in the brasserie downstairs remembered us every morning at breakfast. There is a fantastic park directly opposite of the hotel which is the largest city park in France. What a wonderful place and we spent parts of a couple days walking it. There is even a little zoo. It is easy to travel to the tourist sites as you can buy an inexpensive all day bus pass and the bus stops directly behind the hotel. The city itself was charming with amazing food everywhere we ate. After having been in Paris for a week, it was so pleasant to be in a quieter city. I look forward to a return here someday.
Old May 15, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by donnak
I had a 3 night stay at this lovely hotel last week. We were upgraded to a Rhone Suite which is directly across from the executive lounge--has its own balcony and 2 full bathrooms and overlooking the Rhone River. The lounge is wonderful. Around 2:30 I think they put out a large variety of wonderful sweets and bottles of wine including a delicious rose from the region. I believe at about 6:30, the savory items are brought out as is the champagne. Everyone at the hotel was helpful and friendly and the ladies in the brasserie downstairs remembered us every morning at breakfast. There is a fantastic park directly opposite of the hotel which is the largest city park in France. What a wonderful place and we spent parts of a couple days walking it. There is even a little zoo. It is easy to travel to the tourist sites as you can buy an inexpensive all day bus pass and the bus stops directly behind the hotel. The city itself was charming with amazing food everywhere we ate. After having been in Paris for a week, it was so pleasant to be in a quieter city. I look forward to a return here someday.
Great to hear, I have a stay here planned as part of a Bordeaux River cruise next year (planning a few nights here pre-cruise). Your upgrade sounds awesome ^
Were you staying on points or cash?
Old May 16, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Great to hear, I have a stay here planned as part of a Bordeaux River cruise next year (planning a few nights here pre-cruise). Your upgrade sounds awesome ^
Were you staying on points or cash?
I stayed on cash.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Looks like this hotel is going the Marriott way on Feb 1st.

http://www.lyoncapitale.fr/Journal/L...illon-Marriott

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.