Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Why only 6 nights for Vip Rewards? (GLON, et. al.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2002, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07

http://www.hilton.com/en/hhonors/rewards/vip.jhtml

6 nights for all these rewards, though a full week is 7 nights the last I checked .

If you check in on Saturday, you have to check out Saturday. When vacationing, I've always gone Saturday to the Sunday next week. 7 nights, 7 days (5 full days + two half days = 7 days).

Do you think this is a "catch" to get one night paid or one night out of standard HHonors rewards?

It's still a good value, but I wish it was a full week.
Old Nov 15, 2002, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have wondered that myself, also.
Old Nov 15, 2002, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I'm using both hands, but still counting differently than you.

If you check in Saturday for a 6 night stay, you have to check out Friday, not Saturday (Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu = 6). Staying Saturday to Sunday would be 8 nights and 9 days (7 full plus 2 partial).
Old Nov 15, 2002, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by swag:
I'm using both hands, but still counting differently than you. </font>
You're right! So it's even worse when you do the math correctly!!!

Old Nov 15, 2002, 5:12 pm

I have wondered the same thing but didn't mind paying one night (if I could get a decent rate) to have a legitimate paid stay in conjunction with an award stay and have a full week.

However I am even more puzzled by what seems to be the current trend. It seems lately HHonors is not counting paid nights as a stay if they are in conjunction with an award stay. One of the customer service reps went over our account and determined that the Hilton Waikoloa award stay last year with one paid night should not have been counted as a stay. It seems others have mentioned being told something similar.
Old Nov 15, 2002, 5:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 2bgrounded:
One of the customer service reps went over our account and determined that the Hilton Waikoloa award stay last year with one paid night should not have been counted as a stay. </font>
That rep was incorrect. Perhaps it has to be done manually, but you should get a one-night/one-stay credit for it (if you pay for one night, you get a credit for one night, not all seven). If I were you, I'd e-mail [email protected] and ask to make sure you're given an appropriate credit and send a memo to their CSR's to educate them better.

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 11-15-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.