Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside {GBR} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside {GBR} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:18 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
On the second night they ran out of wine in the Executive Lounge about 7:30 and there was no attempt to restock it.

While the hotel has great views of Canary Wharf, overall I am NOT impressed. Service at Breakfast is spotty (Really, it shouldn't be that hard to get a second cup of coffee; almost got up and got it myself ...) and it is a pain to get to. (Yes there is a ferry to Canary Wharf, but if you have luggage, or maybe even if you don't, the C10 bus from Canada Water is a lot easier than walking from Canary Wharf tube stop to the Canary Wharf pier.)

To be clear, I would stay here again if Canary Wharf Hilton, Hilton Metropole at Edgeware Road, Hilton Paddington, and DT Tower Hill were full or too expensive, but otherwise probably not.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by stc
On the second night they ran out of wine in the Executive Lounge about 7:30 and there was no attempt to restock it.

While the hotel has great views of Canary Wharf, overall I am NOT impressed. Service at Breakfast is spotty (Really, it shouldn't be that hard to get a second cup of coffee; almost got up and got it myself ...) and it is a pain to get to. (Yes there is a ferry to Canary Wharf, but if you have luggage, or maybe even if you don't, the C10 bus from Canada Water is a lot easier than walking from Canary Wharf tube stop to the Canary Wharf pier.)

To be clear, I would stay here again if Canary Wharf Hilton, Hilton Metropole at Edgeware Road, Hilton Paddington, and DT Tower Hill were full or too expensive, but otherwise probably not.
Breakfast has always been hit and miss there......when I used to stay there regularly my lady and I used to call it " calamity cafe " , we used to see some horrendous service issues, that said when I last stayed there September 2015 I thought the breakfast was very good.....like I say - hit and miss.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver Hilton Diamond
considering staying here on Monday as never been before. In price range is here, Excel and Islington DT - like the Excel but no lounge so one of two. That said Wembley is in too - never been but slightly longer commute...
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: HHonors diamond, Virgin Atlantic Gold, Goldpoints gold elite
Amazed how much airtime this hotel gets on here

They've referred it and it's a lot lot better.
Introduced the exec lounge .. But. They are down grading the service by the. Week. IMHO I think it's because too many guest have taken the p*ss with the offering, is taking bottles of wine etc.

Shame but I think it's the guests. .. Not the regulars to blame
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: HHonors diamond, Virgin Atlantic Gold, Goldpoints gold elite
Wow apologies for the many typos there !!
Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:49 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by robandjojo423
Amazed how much airtime this hotel gets on here

They've referred it and it's a lot lot better.
Introduced the exec lounge .. But. They are down grading the service by the. Week. IMHO I think it's because too many guest have taken the p*ss with the offering, is taking bottles of wine etc.

Shame but I think it's the guests. .. Not the regulars to blame
I think I disagree. There seems to be an "attitude" at the hotel. Lack of bottles of water in the rooms, etc. If you start p*ssing on the guests, the guests might start p*ssing back. CW (Canary Wharf) doesn't have an ongoing problem with running out of wine or guests taking bottles to their rooms. Why is that?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The wine in the lounge is a Hilton UK favourite and I doubt they pay more than £3.50 a bottle.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: The Embassy
Crikey, EL is packed tonight. Had to retreat back up to the bar with my ham and bread
Old Jul 5, 2016, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by zebrametalevel
Crikey, EL is packed tonight. Had to retreat back up to the bar with my ham and bread
Wot?....you mean there was 6 people in there
Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Wot?....you mean there was 6 people in there
And I'm impressed you managed to get the one piece of bread and ham

I've stayed on a Monday and Thursday and can get a 'cozy' in the lounge !

Enjoy the breakfast in the restaurant - just don't drink the coffee-i usually get a latte made from the Costa concession (never been charged !)
Old Aug 20, 2016, 6:11 am

Bagged a late Hilton Honors Breakfast Sale rate for trmw of £67 ^
Checked app three times and my allocation has been changed from accessible room to refurbished 2nd floor to Junior Suite wth balcony on the 3rd floor - phew

Will attempt to provide Wizla style updates
Old Aug 20, 2016, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Bagged a late Hilton Honors Breakfast Sale rate for trmw of £67 ^
Checked app three times and my allocation has been changed from accessible room to refurbished 2nd floor to Junior Suite wth balcony on the 3rd floor - phew

Will attempt to provide Wizla style updates
Hahahahaha, wizla style?......I learned it from you mate with your live updates at Canary Wharf a year or so back........ I have a stay booked here for 7th October, the guy I'm traveling with is claustrophobic bigtime and needs opening windows so CW not an option, shame really as CW was £20 cheaper and the party is in west India quay, look forward to the live updates.....regards wizla.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Hahahahaha, wizla style?......I learned it from you mate with your live updates at Canary Wharf a year or so back........ I have a stay booked here for 7th October, the guy I'm traveling with is claustrophobic bigtime and needs opening windows so CW not an option, shame really as CW was £20 cheaper and the party is in west India quay, look forward to the live updates.....regards wizla.
Arrived at 5.00pm after a long walk along the Thames .
Four staff on front desk - recognised my staff member who waved to me.
Guy who checked me in very friendly , offered two cookies (!) and big bowls of apples out .
Ferry ticket given, lounge access and a new style drinks voucher for the bar.
Good suite upgrade with a separate lobby area .
Coffee machine, pods, dressing robes, slippers and lots of toiletries .
Lots of guests outside enjoying the sun.
In the lounge - drinks out but no food (it's 6.15)
No longer able to access outside from the door in the lounge - guess to stop non lounge guests entering .
Gate to lounge though wide open but on keycard control .
No ciders , fruits or crisps/nuts .
Wine is truly back to the awful cheapo stuff .
Guess they've gone to get some bread and cheese from Tesco ...,
Old Aug 21, 2016, 11:26 am

Update on nibbles .
Four bowls of veg crudités
Basket of chunky breads
Meat platter
No homous, dips or cheese .
Very very sparse selection even for this hotel .
Four of us in here with a guest running in and out with several glasses of wines and beers - white wine empty and one beer remains .
Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm of the opinion they should just shut down the lounge its so awful. I was shocked to be told that once the platter was gone that was it "its not normally refilled" "errr OK.." The Nespresso pods were all the same such is the extent of their efforts.

Its odd peering through to the swimming pool which is sealed off.

The only genuinely good thing about my stay last time here was who I was with!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.