Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport - Waterfront {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport Waterfront
150 Anza Boulevard, Burlingame, California, 94010, USA
TEL: +1-650-342-4600
FAX: +1-650-343-8137
See room chart in post #102

General information:
All suites
Indoor pool, exercise room, business office, small shop
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Non-Smoking
This property is 100% Nonsmoking
Parking: Self parking: $29.00 (Parking Lot)
Valet: Not Available
Pets:
Service animals allowed: Yes
Pets allowed: Yes
Deposit: $75.00
(Non-Refundable)
Maximum Weight: 75 lbs
Other Pet Services: $50 Non-refundable fee, per pet per stay

Dining:
In room 11 am - 11 pm
Tap and Tavern pub only (no full service restaurant)

Transportation
Walking / jogging waterfront trail
Courtesy shuttle to / from SFO International Airport and BART station
Free “trolley” Shuttle to downtown Burlingame / Broadway ~12-9 pm, numerous restaurants and pubs, CalTrain station

Lat updated 29 Jun 2018
Print Wikipost

Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport - Waterfront {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2006, 2:22 pm

Programs: AP-E, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Must say, I stay there 2 weeks a month and love it. I usually get the 9'th floor on the Bay side and the place is just relaxing. Its a bit pricey at $169.00 per night though.

2 thumbs up....way up.
Stayed there 3 weeks ago and was not impressed at all. Even though I am Gold, got stuck in a dingy room on the 5th Fl. Nice view of the bay but who cares (SFO flight traffic isn't all that interesting to me). Maybe it was just bad luck of the draw getting a dated room.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:13 pm

Programs: BA, United, Alaska, AA
SFO Burlingame Embassy Suites Room Update

I stayed at the SFO Burlingame ES this weekend and was put on the 8th floor instead of the 9th. The 9th floor is being refitted with new rooms. The old ones are quite tired. So hopefully next time I end up there, we'll have something new to stay in. In the meantime, beware, there is construction going on.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Last time I stayed there on a weekend, it was a complete zoo. The place was completely packed with families with kids everywhere.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 7:00 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Maybe they will replace the tired old 1960's furniture... ^

This hotel is definitely chock-full of families whose children must be in training for future marathons, as running down the corridors seems to be a specialty here, and during the week, they do conferences. Early breakfast is your only hope of escaping a madhouse.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 7:18 am

I was in a newly refurbished room earlier this year. I can't remember which floor. I like this property. The rooms I get are usually bigger than typical ES's and have two sinks (my wife likes to tag along on west coast trips).
Old Dec 4, 2006, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I'd return if they'd eliminate the annoying vibration/hum I have experienced in every room they've ever put me in.

I believe it comes from the refrigerator or HVAC, as opposed to the lady in the next suite.

I will admit that the rooms needed refreshing the last time I was there over a year ago.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Maybe they will replace the tired old 1960's furniture... ^

This hotel is definitely chock-full of families whose children must be in training for future marathons, as running down the corridors seems to be a specialty here, and during the week, they do conferences. Early breakfast is your only hope of escaping a madhouse.
I've noticed that if you stay on the HH floors, it's not bad at all. The property seems to put these louder groups, confs etc on the lower floors.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 9:41 pm

kings_29, I think that goes along with my experience (thank goodness!) They do stick to the HHonors floor concept pretty much, and the suite with multiple doors assures a restful night.

BamaVol, in my experience the northeast corner is the one that has the HVAC hum. Any room in that area will be noisy with the rumble of the air conditioner. Mid-east or southeast (bayside) no problem, and I have not heard the HVAC on the west side either. (I wish I could remember the room numeration - then I would post here which rooms are the worst.)
Old Dec 5, 2006, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by JDiver
BamaVol, in my experience the northeast corner is the one that has the HVAC hum. Any room in that area will be noisy with the rumble of the air conditioner. Mid-east or southeast (bayside) no problem, and I have not heard the HVAC on the west side either. (I wish I could remember the room numeration - then I would post here which rooms are the worst.)
JDiver, I have always gotten a bayview room (facing the east). I can't recall where I was placed, but always away from elevators and closer to the front of the building. I suspect the hum has come from the refrigerators.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
ES Burlingame renovating

For anyone interested I stayed at the ES Burlingame at SFO (for the 22'nd time this year) this week (12/5-12/7) and they are remodeling the entire property. At the moment the 8th and 9th floors are closed and the exterior is being painted. I asked when they are scheduled to be complete and was told springtime. I for one like this property (during the week) and essentially live there (I live in BOS and work in SFO) tues-fri. I will welcome the new bedding and decor. I hope they are doing an extra good job on my favorite room, 933!

Noise is an issue right now so I suggest you opt for a lower floor if you are planning a stay there. 7 is the only hhonors floor open but with the construction right overhead you do not want it.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
I can't keep the SFO hotels straight. Is this the one on the south end of the bay that looks toward the 28L & R landing planes?
Old Dec 10, 2006, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by flyinbob
I can't keep the SFO hotels straight. Is this the one on the south end of the bay that looks toward the 28L & R landing planes?
yes.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 9:34 pm

Exclamation ES Burlingame undergoing refurbishing! (Dec 2006)

I am here tonight, Dec 20, 2006, (after AA messed up big time on DFW - SMF, I missed my flight due to weather and EXP rebooked me - but didn't!) in Suite 833, on a $109 rate.

The entire ninth floor and the west side of the eighth floor are closed for occupancy and covered in plastic and a major refurb seems under way,. This is great - about time! - but this may also be taken as a caveat, as I suspect there will be lots of construction, paint fumes, etc. until this is done.

There are very few guests here tonight - the manager's reception (ah, real beer! Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Celebrator, for instance,) was very lightly attended. Check-in was haphazard, and in my room was a letter welcoming someone else, no Diamond amenities, and a request for two bottles of water was taken and ignored (I will request 1,000 bonus points on checkout, as it is offered here if Diamonds do not rquest 1) free Internet access (otherwise, WiFi, good strength but slow tonight, is $9.95 / 24 hours,) or 2) two bottles of water and a choice of 3 snack items.)

Dec 21: The noise began before 7:30 AM, and the new furniture is moving in - mid-colored new wood furnishings to replace the 1950's refugee pink an off-white wood furnishings currently (very!) used. This looks to be a paint and new furnishings kind of remodel, rather than also biting the bullet and redoing the noisy HVAC that only allows heat in winter and cool in summer, and clunky room fans, not to mention the somewhat ancient plumbing fixtures (original ShowerMassage by Teledyne WaterPik - maybe they could auction those bits of nostalgia on eBay to help pay for newer showerheads.)

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 21, 2006 at 9:22 am
Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:43 pm

Location: Over the Golden Gate Bridge and through the woods, CA
Programs: HH Gold
Question

Hi, JDiver,

We plan to be there this weekend.
We book it for the indoor pool and sauna.
Did you notice whether the pool area is ok?
Should I cancel and book the ES @ South SF instead?

Thanks.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by AndrewPTLM
Hi, JDiver,

We plan to be there this weekend.
We book it for the indoor pool and sauna.
Did you notice whether the pool area is ok?
Should I cancel and book the ES @ South SF instead?

Thanks.
I was there last week and reported the re-model here as well. The pool and hot tub are open, and were recently overhauled. The construction is limited to the top 2 floors at the moment. In this instance, the lower floors are better to keep the noise out. If you are not going to be there in the day time it won't matter anyway as the const. finishes up around 5:30.

I actually live in this hotel during the week as I work in San Fran and live in Boston. I have stayed there over 100 nights this year. On the weekends it is like any other ES: full of kids and wedding parties but I am there on weekdays and I love the place. The rooms are dated and this renovation is sorely needed and I can't wait but to me the location, staff, and freebies (full breakfast, drinks 5:30-7:30 and internet if you are Gold or Platinum) make it a great deal. BTW, if you booked more than a week ago go online and check prices. I was in for next week at $139 and I checked today and the Bay View rooms were down to $129 for the weekend. As the OP suggests, you have to walk down the bike path to Kincaides. It is a great little Restaurant and you must try the Crab Dip…I Jones for it when I am here in Beantown!

Also, my advise is to ask for a room on the southern end of the hotel with a bay view. That would be rooms ending in X27-X34. Up until this constr. my room of choice was 933. As the OP also said, there is an HVAC building on the northern end of the building that can be loud.

Last edited by avidflyer; Dec 21, 2006 at 4:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.