Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta - Buckhead {US-GA} (formerly DoubleTree)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta - Buckhead {US-GA} (formerly DoubleTree)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I would say that is an odd/unusual move in re-flagging, DT to HGI.
Wouldn't be surprised if it became more common...I would say it shows the comparative strength of the brands, and the fact that with leisure travel roaring back but business travel lagging, limited-service properties are in higher demand than full-service offerings.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Wouldn't be surprised if it became more common...I would say it shows the comparative strength of the brands, and the fact that with leisure travel roaring back but business travel lagging, limited-service properties are in higher demand than full-service offerings.
Right now I'm staying away from HGIs simply because of how low the F&B credit is for Diamonds and the two HGIs I stayed in the DMV had priced everything to go above the HGI credit.

If it works for this hotel, fine. Count this Diamond out.

David
Old Apr 17, 2022, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
If it works for this hotel, fine. Count this Diamond out.
If you think Hilton and their properties care about status right now, then you're in for a rude awakening. This year, at the very least, is going to be a post-COVID money grab going to the highest bidder. Once business travel shakes out and companies figure out what the "new normal" looks like, then maybe they'll start focusing on loyalty again, or maybe they'll just decide that leisure is the cash cow. Who knows. But right now money talks.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by arlflyer
If you think Hilton and their properties care about status right now, then you're in for a rude awakening. This year, at the very least, is going to be a post-COVID money grab going to the highest bidder. Once business travel shakes out and companies figure out what the "new normal" looks like, then maybe they'll start focusing on loyalty again, or maybe they'll just decide that leisure is the cash cow. Who knows. But right now money talks.
I'm not saying that Hilton gives a rats' but I'm not playing the HGI game right now.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.