Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How should I make reservations using somebody's HHonor Points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2002, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

I purchased a HGVC timeshare directly from an owner. The sale included the 280,000 HHpoints. These points are not transferable, hence, the original owner had to make the reservations for me. Because it is such a hassle to do, the owner agreed that I can access her account and make my own reservations. How do I do this? She has never done this online, either. I have her account number, address, SSS etc, but the HHonors page asks for a password which both of us do not have (she does not think she ahs it). What do I do??
Old Mar 2, 2002, 6:09 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to FT!!!

If you have their PIN and it is a basic hotel award that you redeem online, you can just fill in your name & address on the redemption page and the cert will be in your name and be sent to you.

If it is a complex reward that requires calling the svc. center, be prepared with the account holders security info. Including PIN, name, address, & perhaps even phone # and SS#. They should let you request the cert in another person's name too.

Again, welcome!
Old Mar 2, 2002, 6:18 am
Original Member

PIN is on all paper statements.
Old Mar 2, 2002, 9:17 am

Posted by chix:

If you have their PIN and it is a basic hotel award that you redeem online, you can just fill in your name & address on the redemption page and the cert will be in your name and be sent to you.
=============================================
Before doing this, you should call the Hilton reservation center to make a reservation (and tell them what reward you want to use, "normal" or "saver"; you get the codes from Hiltons website)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.