Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Cross-Reference -- Thread w/3K Hilton Points opportunity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cross-Reference -- Thread w/3K Hilton Points opportunity

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2002, 10:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eugene:
"Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you no sense of decency?"</font>
Sadly, there seems to be very little of that to be found on FT these days.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thank you, cblaisd and Eugene. Your posts very much reflect my view of what Goldlust has posted, his amoral attitude to all of this, and outright abuse of this and other programs. It is for this reason I have asked him to do the honorable thing and resign his position. He most certainly does not represent my ethical outlook or morality on the FlyerTalk board.

As for the big screen TV analogy, you would never get out the door purchasing one for $1, so let's get real.

Unless, of course, it was a smash and grab caper. Which this whole sordid escapade reminds me of. It is a holiday weekend in the USA, and somebody screwed up when they programmed this promotion into their company's computer system. In the meantime, several dozen individuals went on a looting spree, some to the point of even trying to further capitalize on their ill-got goods by converting these HHonors points into other forms of "currency".

I realize most who partook in this activity fully expected to see their HHonors points reversed when the mistake was discovered. But there are some who fully believe they have the right to their ill-gotten gains. To them I say: "Shame. You committed fraud, and having done so, have no place in this community."
Old Feb 18, 2002, 11:15 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
I realize most who partook in this activity fully expected to see their HHonors points reversed when the mistake was discovered. But there are some who fully believe they have the right to their ill-gotten gains. To them I say: "Shame. You committed fraud, and having done so, have no place in this community." </font>
Exactly how I feel about this - in fact, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Personally, I think I fall into a third category of people here - those who signed up, got the points that were promised of them (no more, and no less) - and am perfectly satisfied with the result.

Had I gotten 62,000 points, I'd fully expect them to go away once the error was noted. I would, however, expect that they leave the points that they promised - in my case, 4,000.

Goldlust, I hope you think about the position you've taken, and then ask yourself again if it's right - either morally or legally - to expect that someone is obligated to not correct an error in your favor.

Ask yourself this question: If *you*, for example, were redeeming a 500-point award, and instead, they took out 62,000 points - would you *seriously* be saying that they'd be entitled to keep them?

Mike

Old Feb 19, 2002, 12:07 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
And Goldlust I ask you, as a non US citizen, and AFAIK, non-lawyer to resist giving legal advice to US citizens. It is all fine and good for you sitting in Denmark or wherever you may be to pontificate on 'ethics', but a large majority of the people involved in this fiasco are US citizens.

When I clicked last nite and got 62K Hilton points I surely did not expect that they would last long, although I would like the 1K that the site said it would give me. As for Hilton being unable to 'just remove them', well they did didnt they What the computer gives, the computer takes away.
Old Feb 19, 2002, 1:48 am

Goldlust -

Are you in training to be a criminal lawyer?

Old Feb 19, 2002, 2:23 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dave99:
Goldlust - Are you in training to be a criminal lawyer? </font>
Or just a criminal?

Only making some general statement sort of thing.
Old Feb 19, 2002, 8:36 am

To get back to the main issue here ... as of 10:30 a.m. ET today, this message appears when trying to convert Automall points to Hilton:

"This feature is unavailable at this time. Please try again later."

The Automall message has been posting for at least two hours.
Old Feb 19, 2002, 8:41 am

Programs: DL-PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by USAFAN:
AutoMall Log In Bonus 475 </font>
Hi,

I registered last night and I didn't get the 475 log-in bonus. Are others getting that as well? Additionally, the survey doesn't seem to be generating any points either. I guess those things went away.

Sandeep.
Old Feb 19, 2002, 8:43 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cactuspete:
Sadly, there seems to be very little of that to be found on FT these days.</font>

It's still here. Sometimes you have to look though.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Old Feb 19, 2002, 9:04 am

Programs: AA LTG EXP, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by outtolunch:

Yes. Or give it back.
</font>
Errr, actualy no... I bought a very nice watch at Harrods and they spent a while finding the box that had the price tag on it... only to find the wrong box... came back the next day because they had also given me the wrong owners manual.... they discovered that they had charged me the (substantialy) wrong price but the manager agreed that was their problem not mine, they had offered a price, I accepted it, we had a contract for sale, done deal.

Old Feb 19, 2002, 9:23 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jcrb:
...the manager agreed that was their problem not mine, they had offered a price, I accepted it, we had a contract for sale, done deal. </font>
So you did the right thing, and they did the gracious thing (and probably a good business thing). Even if they hadn't, you have the knowledge of knowing you did the right thing. That's plenty enough, no?

Old Feb 19, 2002, 1:45 pm
Suspended

it was nice to have 1/2 mil pts for awhile.Now that they took away the 186,000pts which was expected, why didnt they replace it with the 3000pts that should have been.
Called the Diamond desk and in quicker time than it was earned they credited me with the 3000pts that werent done when they removed the 62,000 x 3.
Never really expected the 186 to stand didnt yell, or say anything but when they took the 62 x 3 why didnt they replace it with the proper amount of 3000. Was told it was just done and is there now.
So to those who didnt get replacement pts just call up and ask them why replacement pts arent there.
Old Feb 19, 2002, 5:22 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
OH-SO-THANK-U!
Old Feb 19, 2002, 10:02 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jcrb:
Errr, actualy no... I bought a very nice watch at Harrods and they spent a while finding the box that had the price tag on it... only to find the wrong box... came back the next day because they had also given me the wrong owners manual.... they discovered that they had charged me the (substantialy) wrong price but the manager agreed that was their problem not mine, they had offered a price, I accepted it, we had a contract for sale, done deal.

</font>
Actually yes. Don't confuse what they did with what they 'could' have done.

[This message has been edited by outtolunch (edited 02-19-2002).]
Old Feb 20, 2002, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by USAFAN:
AutoMall Log In Bonus 475 </font>
Oh, I've got to check FT more frequently. I got the 1000 HHonors points for registering w/ automallonline, but I (a) didn't get the 475 log in bonus, (b) didn't get the 1000 points for doing the survey, and (c) didn't get the 480 points for signing up for the 4 free trial issues of Time. What am I doing wrong? Have they fixed the bug? On the survey I reported that I hadn't bought a car, but other posters said that shouldn't matter. thx tls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.