Wiki Posts
Search

Gold?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2002, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Gold?

Hi! I'm new to FlyerTalk.
My husband and I have accumulated enough Delta miles by some travel, purchases with AmExp, and various other offers (MCI) etc to fly first class to Hawaii. We have also have about 100,000 to do the Hilton VIP award to Hawaii. The problem is that my husband's Gold status expires before we want to do this trip and we don't have enough stays to be Gold this time. Does anyone know of any offers to be comped Gold going on right now?

Thanks for the input.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 6:27 pm

If you sign up for either of the Hilton credit cards you get Silver VIP. That should let you redeem a VIP award. That's the main reason I've only gotten the Amex...so if I ever need to redeem a VIP award and don't have status, I can get the Visa.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 6:37 pm

Maybe someone who has used a VIP award before can address this better, but why couldn't you call and schedule the ALON award now while still a Gold and simply use it later? I don't think you have to be VIP at time of award use, just at the time of the award issuance. If it works out for you, hope you'll post a trip report when you get home as I'll be doing a ALON later this year at the HHV. . Good Luck.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 9:44 pm

Programs: LY Plat, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Edan Plat, Priority Club Plat
Don't worry at all about the Gold Status expiring:

You could forsure give a call to HHonors and have them extend it. If one person says no call back and speak to another. I'm sure that they will be understanding of how Sept 11th curtailed many peoples travel plans
Old Jan 22, 2002, 10:32 pm

Didn't status get extended for everyone until April 2003? When are you planning on going donnalu?

[This message has been edited by J0HN (edited 01-22-2002).]
Old Jan 23, 2002, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info.

We are planning to go next Spring for our anniversary.
Old Jan 23, 2002, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
First, I have never done this with Hilton, but have noticed it with other hotel chains. Make the reservation (and get the award) while you still have Gold status. Once you have the award reservation and award (in hand), they should honor it.

If you don't make any changes to your reservation after it is made initially, your change in status probably will not be noticed at check-in. Typically, most status changes don't attach to a particular reservation until the reservation is updated/changed for some reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.