Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye to Double Dip?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2001, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat*; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; SPG Gold
The end of double dip?

Does anyone have news about extensions or replacements to this promotion? I just finished my last "dip" this week.

How does this effect the 3x AMEX deal?
Old Mar 3, 2001, 2:25 am
DOC 2 BE

As one of my colleagues pointed out on another thread, the double dip is alive and kikin' it is the Double-Double Dip that appears to be dead. The Amex Triple Points/Double Miles was an extension of the latter, so, alas, it too, is gone.

Old Mar 3, 2001, 1:39 pm
Suspended

What were the details of the Amex Promotion?
Old Mar 3, 2001, 6:02 pm

Originally posted by criscokid:
What were the details of the Amex Promotion?
During the "Double Double" promotion (ended 2/28), pay with any AmEx card and earn triple HHonors points.
Old Mar 4, 2001, 10:45 am

I believe that Hilton Honors normally runs 3 promotions during the year. Usually there is some gap between the promotions but there will be another one announced soon!

Old Mar 4, 2001, 5:36 pm

Location: Coppell, Tx AA EXP, AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Well - how about the current Diners Club? It is still running. The promotion code is "DCDT". Call the HHonors desk and ask to be enrolled in this one. Rules - you MUST pay with a Diners Club card. Do a "search" in this forum for "Diners".

dAAvid -

------------------
previously known as "Bigtex1"
Old Mar 4, 2001, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
I did not use a Diners Club card to pay for my DCDT stays and they posted

TW
Old Mar 5, 2001, 9:40 am

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
DCDT is a variant of the "4 stays -> 50K bonus" promotion. It is unrelated to double-double-dipping.
Old Mar 5, 2001, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL 2+Million Miler, Delta Platinum(by choice), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
I did the fast track to gold using code "BT2YM". After the bonuses posted, I called and signed up for the DCDT promo, but my first 2 stays using the Diners Club card did not post with any bonuses. It appears you can only get one bonus. Should I call and complain about not getting the DCDT bonuses?

------------------
Old Mar 5, 2001, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat*; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; SPG Gold
Always...
Old Mar 8, 2001, 8:09 am

Hilton CSR said that "DCDT" promotion ended on February 28.Is having said which right?
Old Apr 9, 2001, 3:18 pm

Double Dipping still active?

Is double dipping still valid? I though it was over at the end of February so I did not bother giving my Airline Frequent Flyer Card!
Old Apr 9, 2001, 3:21 pm
DOC 2 BE

The Double Dip is always valid. It is the Double Double Dip that ended on 2/28.

If you make reservations and have filled out your web profile to include a FF #, you still will probably get the credit. If not, call HHonors and advise them.

Old Apr 9, 2001, 3:23 pm

STAM4NICK -- Double Dipping (getting both points and miles for the same stay) is a standard feature of HHonors. The promo that ended in February was "double-double", that gave you twice the points and twice the miles.
Old Apr 9, 2001, 3:30 pm

DOC 2 BE -- you type fast!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.