Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye to Double Dip?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2001, 3:31 pm

So I can basically get 750 airline miles (I always fly a Hilton partner, 500(basic) +250 with patner) as long as I show my arriving ticket(but the airline for miles and the airline on the ticket have to match--?) and 10 points per dollar spent (for the room, food, telephone... +25% gold bonus.

Do they round the amount of the bill up or down for the point total?

[This message has been edited by STAM4NICK (edited 04-10-2001).]
Old Apr 9, 2001, 3:37 pm

Originally posted by STAM4NICK:
So I can basically get 750 airline miles (I always fly a Hilton partner, 500(basic) +250 with patner) as long as I show my arriving ticket(but the airline for miles and the airline on the ticket have to match--?) and 10 points per dollar spent (for the room, food, telephone... +15% gold bonus.

Do they round the amount of the bill up or down for the point total?
Nope, you earn 500 miles no matter whether you fly, or drive, or take a greyhound, or even walk. Then you get 10 HHonors points per $ spent. Then you get 25% bonus on those HHonors points for being Gold. Then you get 250 bonus HHonors points for flying a partner airline. Then you get additional 250 bonus HHonors points if you rented a car from a partner car rental agency.

And no, they don't round up the bill.

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 04-10-2001).]
Old Apr 10, 2001, 9:56 am
In Memoriam

ummm...Isn't the gold bonus 25%? Silver is 15%.
Old Apr 10, 2001, 10:05 am

Originally posted by TravelWeary:
ummm...Isn't the gold bonus 25%? Silver is 15%.
TravelWeary -- Thanks for the correction. I've edited my post.
Old Apr 10, 2001, 10:06 am

Yeah, the bonus is 25% for Gold, 15% for Silver.
Old Apr 10, 2001, 3:49 pm

You guys are right. I am still in the "Silver mode."
Old Apr 10, 2001, 6:22 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Gang,

I have found that - even though my FF number is in my profile - I still have to show my FF card when I check in. If I dont, I do not get the airline miles without an email to HHonors.

Is this unique?

William
Old Apr 10, 2001, 7:42 pm

Wharvey.
Not unique at all...I have never had FF miles posted on their own,always had to call HHonors,even though my preferance has been"updated"many times in my profile.,another thing I don't understand,even though I have a preferred Credit card listed in my profile when I make a reservation on Hiltons sight it asks me for that info?
Old Apr 10, 2001, 9:57 pm
DOC 2 BE

I have never had to show my card. All I do is ask whetehr they have both my HHonors # and my FF # when I check in. They say that it is there, and I have always gotten the credit.

In fact, even when I rent a car and say that I should get the extra points, they rarely ask to see either the keys or the rental agreement!

Old Dec 28, 2001, 10:16 am

Location: Chicago, IL USA UA1K, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond,Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold
Programs: UA1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum
Goodbye to Double Dip?

I just got my December statement and in the small print it said that Hilton was stopping awarding points/miles with airline partners - anyone else catch this?
Old Dec 28, 2001, 10:20 am

they're stopping the bonus 250 for flying in on a partner airline... not the 500 mile double dip... kinda like the car rental partner bonus...

I can't find the thread but it was discussed before...
Old Dec 28, 2001, 11:15 am

ORD - HKG FF -- You do confuse miles and points here. Double dipping does not go away. Apparently, there will be no more additional 250 HH points bonus (in addition to your base HH points, VIP bonus, car rental bonus and airline miles) that Hilton used to give (and still does) for using one of their airline partners in conjunction with your stay. They used to require you to show a boarding pass or ticket dated within 24 hours from check-in or check-out, but in the last year or so these 250 bonus HH points were credited automatically whenever airline miles (500 or 100, depending on the hotel brand) were requested.

Hope that helps to clear the confusion.

Also, see the following thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/003119.html .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.