Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond DOES have Benefits!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2001, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Diamond DOES have Benefits!

Last week British Airways announced a special Concorde promotion giving the chance to fly to New York for New Year. My wife and I were two of the lucky 205 people who were able to take advantage of the incredible offer - GBP1750, Concorde out Club World back - before it sold out in just 3 minutes!

We called the Diamond Desk in Dallas on Wednesday evening as the UK based desk was closed and asked if they could get us a 3 night award stay in any of the 4 Manhattan properties. They said it would be difficult but they would try. The following morning the UK desk called to say they had arranged a 3 night award stay at the NY Hilton!

This is what I call service!
Old Dec 22, 2001, 8:49 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaza:
Last week British Airways announced a special Concorde promotion giving the chance to fly to New York for New Year.</font>
via what form/media?

Great to hear about the high level of service!
Old Dec 22, 2001, 10:06 am

I've experienced this service many times, and is by far the best benefit of being Diamond.
Old Dec 23, 2001, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Sweet Willie

British Airways Press Release site HERE

Guy Betsy's posting on the BA forum HERE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.