Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points & Miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2001, 9:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: IAH-LAX -IAH Continental - Platinum EARNED(with calouses on my butt) Hilton Honors - Diamond
Points & Miles

Goining to be @ D/T Suites Galleria Houston next year at least three months,

One night @ Hilton = 250 partner miles.
One Week @ Hilton = 250 partner miles

If they keep the tab running for three months (direct billing arrangement) will I still jst get 250 miles.

250 a day would be greedy, 250 aq week would be OK, 250 a quarter won't cut it.

------------------
Diamond Dave, Hilton Honors - Platinum Punk, Continental - Sleazy Silver - Delta

"A Southwest line never gets longer,It only gets wider"
Old Dec 21, 2001, 9:20 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
It is my understanding that these partner airline points that are posted to your HHonors account will be eliminated in March.

When do you stay?

TW
Old Dec 21, 2001, 9:23 am

The partner bonus will end 4/1/2002:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/003119.html

Anywhow, airline miles are more valuable. You will get only 500 miles for the whole stay, rather than for each day. 90 bonusus over 3 months = 45,000 miles = ~2 free domestic flights.

If you want to bother and have the means, you could move back and forth between the DT Galleria and DT on Southwest Freeway, or other Hilton property. You would get the miles (and partner bonus while it lasts) each time you check in & check out.

------------------
On the road,
In the air,
I enjoy travel
From here to there.

[This message has been edited by ontheroad (edited 12-21-2001).]
Old Dec 21, 2001, 9:46 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dcwcce:
One night @ Hilton = 250 partner miles.
One Week @ Hilton = 250 partner miles
</font>
dcwcce -- FWIW, you're confusing miles and points. It's 500 airline miles that you are getting for a Double Dip, and (at least through the first quarter of 2002) 250 bonus HHonors points (so-called, airline partner bonus points). The rest of your argument is correct, these bonuses are per stay, not per night/week/quarter. ontheroad's suggestion is a valid way of maximizing your miles and bonus points (including online booking bonus, etc).
Old Dec 21, 2001, 9:51 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
I believe Hilton has a Double Miles promo running during the first quarter. Therefore, it will be 1000 miles/stay til March 31. You need to register at the HHonors.com site to take advantage. Worthwhile switching hotels each night if possible.
Old Dec 22, 2001, 8:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: IAH-LAX -IAH Continental - Platinum EARNED(with calouses on my butt) Hilton Honors - Diamond
I was already registered for the 2x promotion from Jan - March - "I forgot"

Thanks for the advice . . . . . . .

It will be before March, there is another D/T around the corner however it's not practical to move, I have been in rooms @ D/T Allen Center downtown as part of a corporate negotiated rate and they have claimed that all of the HH benifits were waived as part of the negotiation.

Don't want to be greedy, or the whole house of cards will be coming down . . . .

Time to negoatiate . . . . .

The affiliated brands can't stand honors anyway, just don't get that it builds "brand loyalty".

[This message has been edited by dcwcce (edited 12-22-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.