Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Will Honors let me owe them points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2001, 2:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum

Hi there!

My birthday is coming up and I'd like to spend one night at the local Hilton in conjunction with this day of mourning

I've grabbed a point strecher at 18.000 points.

However, looking at my current HHonors balance I'm about 6.000 points short. I'd really appreciate enjoying my birthday there - is it possible they will allow me to owe them the 6.000 points?

Does anybody know this?

Goldlust
Old Dec 19, 2001, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I wouldn't count on an IOU but you can transfer miles from most airlines to Hilton. One mile = 2 HHonors points (except AA = 1:1). Happy birthday.

------------------
Biggest Little 1K (in The Biggest Little City) In The World
Old Dec 19, 2001, 3:12 pm

I believe that you can also purchase HHonors points directly from Hilton to finish out a reward. Might be an economical choice for you!
Old Dec 19, 2001, 3:46 pm

On two occassions HHonors has extended the courtesy of allowing my account to go into a negative balance, while transfers from airlines were still waiting to post. Be sure to update your profile if you haven't (quick 2,000 points), as I believe HHonors will only let you buy up to 20% of the points needed.
Old Dec 19, 2001, 8:01 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
If it's not until 2002, do the 2 1,000 point updates in Q4 and Q1, that will net you 4K points right there, then maybe buying the other 2K might not be too bad. I had one occassion where they "gifted" me 1K worth when I needed that to get an award. Hope all is well with you, drop a line if you ever get back to the DC area.
Old Dec 21, 2001, 1:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
Just to let you know how it went.

I called the UK Hhonors and - as usual - they were nice and efficient. I agreed to pay for 20 percent and it seems they allowed my account to enter the red for the amount I was coming up short on after the points purchase.

So, now I am at -3000 points (-1000 with profile updates) and looking forward to my birthday. Thank you Hilton.

thezipper: I've got 3 trips to the US planned in the summer of 2002.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.