Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort {US-CA} (formerly Fess Parker)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort {US-CA} (formerly Fess Parker)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2007, 12:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I just received our pre-stay e-mail from old Fess and it mentions that the concierge can arrange a variety of things, including whale-watching tours. Any experience/recommendations out there along those lines?
Old Apr 29, 2007, 4:35 pm

Breakfast coupons

Just finished a stay at Fess Parker. Upon arrival I received 2 coupons for continental breakfast for me and the mr. The clerk said we could use them for cont. or for 9.95 each off of anyting on the menu. At breakfast this morning, the waitress saw the coupons on the table and told us we could use them for anything and suggested the buffet. Apparently it included the OJ that I ordered as well.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Happeejo
Just finished a stay at Fess Parker. Upon arrival I received 2 coupons for continental breakfast for me and the mr. The clerk said we could use them for cont. or for 9.95 each off of anyting on the menu. At breakfast this morning, the waitress saw the coupons on the table and told us we could use them for anything and suggested the buffet. Apparently it included the OJ that I ordered as well.
Do you mean that the whole breakfast was covered by the coupons?
Old Apr 29, 2007, 9:37 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JerryFF
Regarding noise, I do think it is fair to point out that the Amtrak tracks are only about a block or two from the hotel and train whistles can be heard from just about any room in the hotel several times a day as they pass several crossings in town.
Actually the tracks are not a block or two away but rather directly behind the parking lot of the Doubletree and you almost think that the train is running through your room as it honks all the way while passing that area.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 8:10 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by Camino1
Continental breakfast is juice, coffee, and a pastry/toast/English muffin. If that is what you want, the coupon covers it all. You get a credit of $9.95 toward anything else, including the buffet (which is $15.95). The buffet, when we were there a couple of weeks ago, was only on the weekend.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 9:06 am

Sorry, I should have said that the coupons were good for 9.95 towards anything, including the buffet. The buffet cost 15.95 (before coupon) and included our drinks. So for 6.00 more, it was a good deal. They had made to order omlettes and belgian waffles. Big assortment of breakfast meats and eggs, tons of fresh fruit and all kinds of pastries and cereals.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:15 am
Suspended

Thanks to all of you above. Will be ther over a weekend in the summer for 2 days so it will come in very handy! ^
Old Apr 30, 2007, 11:12 am

Programs: Former 16 year Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
Actually the tracks are not a block or two away but rather directly behind the parking lot of the Doubletree and you almost think that the train is running through your room as it honks all the way while passing that area.
I'm finishing up my 2nd stay here in the last several months. Last visit I had an upstairs oceanfront room. I woke up a couple of times to the sound of the train, but the great view and very private balcony made up for the inconvenience in my book.

This trip I have a first floor oceanfront in one of the one story buildings and have only heard the trains when the patio doors are open. I haven't woken up to a train noise yet.

I can definitely imagine where the rooms on the parking lot side of the hotel would have a very different experience.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Happeejo
Sorry, I should have said that the coupons were good for 9.95 towards anything, including the buffet. The buffet cost 15.95 (before coupon) and included our drinks. So for 6.00 more, it was a good deal. They had made to order omlettes and belgian waffles. Big assortment of breakfast meats and eggs, tons of fresh fruit and all kinds of pastries and cereals.
Cool. Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
I live in SB, but decided to book a room at the Fess Parker DT for a friend visiting from out of town.

Booked a King Ocean View Room with Balcony for this weekend. Login to Hilton.com just to see what room choices I have if I do the online check-in. Room 202 or 505, 202 is on the second floor and 505 is on the bottom floor. It also said I have been upgraded, but neither room has the balcony in the room dicription. Is it an upgrade or not? Does anyone here know which room has a better view?
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Motion122
I live in SB, but decided to book a room at the Fess Parker DT for a friend visiting from out of town.

Booked a King Ocean View Room with Balcony for this weekend. Login to Hilton.com just to see what room choices I have if I do the online check-in. Room 202 or 505, 202 is on the second floor and 505 is on the bottom floor. It also said I have been upgraded, but neither room has the balcony in the room dicription. Is it an upgrade or not? Does anyone here know which room has a better view?
I live here and too booked for friends this weekend. I am a bit surprised to read that 505 is the ground floor.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 1:32 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
I live here and too booked for friends this weekend. I am a bit surprised to read that 505 is the ground floor.
Well, I don't think the Fess Parker is 5 floors tall. It maybe a room in a seperate building.

What room did your friend get?
Old Jun 23, 2007, 9:27 am

In April we were upgraded to a junior suite on the first floor and found that it had a patio with chairs. This doesn't help with the view question of course, but even without a balcony you may get a place to sit in the fresh air and relax.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
In April we were upgraded to a junior suite on the first floor and found that it had a patio with chairs. This doesn't help with the view question of course, but even without a balcony you may get a place to sit in the fresh air and relax.
My friend does not chec-in until today. Since I book the room I have been monitoring the online check-in, now my the room has been changed to 305, a 2 queen bed oceanview with a note saying my upgrade is not available now! I had originally booked a king ocean view with balcony, did I just get a downgrade?
Old Jun 24, 2007, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Motion122
My friend does not chec-in until today. Since I book the room I have been monitoring the online check-in, now my the room has been changed to 305, a 2 queen bed oceanview with a note saying my upgrade is not available now! I had originally booked a king ocean view with balcony, did I just get a downgrade?
How did it turn out? Did the 2 queen bed oceanview room have a balcony?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.