Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New HH Gold- Anyway to get the card quicker?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2001, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis

Hi,

As a new UK Amex Platinum card holder ,I filled in the form to get the Hilton Hhonors Gold card (I am currently Silver) and sent it to the address (TNT Mailfast near London).
This was around 3 weeks ago and the leaflet said allow 3-5 weeks for delivery. I also gave my Silver VIP card number.

I am going to Boston for New Year ( Staying at the Hilton Boston Back Bay) but my online statement is still showing me as Silver.

Is there anyway of getting the process speeded up so I will be recorded as Gold for the Boston stay ( and get a few more points) or do I just have to wait?

Thank you for any advice.

( Looking forward to tomorrow-One christmas lunch and one christmas dineer at Dynamic Earth in Edinburgh-all paid for by the company!!)

Enjoy your travels over this festive period!!
Old Dec 19, 2001, 2:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: Seattle, WA;HH Diamond, Avis PS, DL PM & 1MM ... back to travelling the globe consulting aerospace engineering
Not on topic to your question - but an eats rec in the area. Travel over to Cambridge an have a round or two at John Harvards. All the brews are done in-house.

Back Bay in a nice area to stay at. All the train/subways are right beneath you.

GMF
Old Dec 19, 2001, 3:50 pm

Programs: Various
Multi-part response.

First, my upgrade using hte form took ages. I remember having to refax it to them as I was in similar position to you (strangely enough I was going to the Back Bay Hilton too!). I would suggest calling Uk Platinum on 0845-064-0845 first and explain the situation. If they are up to their normal laziness, I would call UK HHonors on 08457466677 and explain the situation. They should give you a fax number so that they can update your profile to reflect your entitlement to Gold.

You probably won't get your HHonors card in time, but if you do the above and ask them to check your HHonors status when you check-in they will see you are actually a Gold member. At the Hilton Boston Back Bay, I got a n upgrade room and free breakfast for me and my guest for each day of the stay. I found it to be a good friendly hotel.

One thing to remember though is that your Gold Status only last for a year with UK Platinum, you will have to requalify under the normal HHonors rules to get Gold again.

Don't forget to sign up fro your Starwood GOld Preferred Guest status too!

Enjoy,
Richard

Old Dec 20, 2001, 8:27 am

If you phone hhonors customer service centre they should upgrade you on the spot. You won't get the card any quicker but your account should show up as Gold by the time you put the phone down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.