Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complaints/Compliments

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2001, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Complaints/Compliments

While we are usually wiling to file a complaint (somebody said one complaint will generate four other negative reports) how many of us are also willing ot file a compliment when everything goes "just above" the expected?
Old Dec 14, 2001, 7:58 pm
In Memoriam

Me! I had a great experience at the Embassy Suites Chicago Lakefront recently and made sure I got the front desk clerk's name and wrote a letter to the hotel manager. When an employee goes above and beyond their duty, it should definitely be noted. I also fill out those "How are we doing?" surveys when I have an especially good experience as well as a bad one.
Old Dec 14, 2001, 9:02 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by suzieq:
how many of us are also willing ot file a compliment when everything goes "just above" the expected?</font>
I do that, not as often as I perhaps should though.
Old Dec 15, 2001, 5:53 am

Would'nt it be great to have something like the SOS awards AA have for their FF's to hand to employees. I'm not certain but I don't think HHonors have anything like this. I've e-mailed Adam/Kristy to ask if they do and their opinion on the idea.
Old Dec 15, 2001, 8:21 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

HHonors use to have such certs to give to such employees. It was quite nice and convienient and I used 'em and liked them very much. Why not bring 'em back?
Old Dec 15, 2001, 12:31 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doc:
HHonors use to have such certs to give to such employees. </font>
That's true, I still have a couple left. Not sure though whether those certs were as valuable as SOS certs are for AA's employees.

Old Dec 15, 2001, 3:49 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by suzieq:
how many of us are also willing ot file a compliment when everything goes "just above" the expected?</font>
When things go perfect or above the line, a letter is sent out. It is too easy to do and hopefully gives recognition to properties who consistently have superior service.
Old Dec 15, 2001, 6:55 pm
gsw

Programs: DL
While we are usually wiling to file a complaint (somebody said one complaint will generate four other negative reports) how many of us are also willing ot file a compliment when everything goes "just above" the expected?</font>
I just wrote Delta to compliment a ticket agent who rendered exceptional service.

Old Dec 17, 2001, 9:56 am

Received the following response today from Kristy.

"At this time, we do not have anything comparable to the cards you reference, however, I can certainly see your point with regards to offering an additional incentive to employees. We will definitely pass your
suggestion along for future consideration.
Best regards,
Kristy"

Old Dec 17, 2001, 12:17 pm

A few times, I took filing a compliment into consideration, but I never did.

I'll try in future, because there are really some people who earned it!
Old Dec 17, 2001, 1:04 pm

Sheesh....wrong post at the wrong time. Makes me feel bad inside

I must have complained 7/10 times when things went bad but complimented only 1-2/20 when things went just right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.