Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Idaho, USA {US-ID}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Idaho, USA {US-ID}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2006, 12:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by cmh flyer
Downtown Boise Hotel Advice
Boise has a downtown?

Old Jan 20, 2006, 9:29 am

Location: MHT, DL DM & now KM!/ formerNW Plat /HH Diamond/SPG plat
Originally Posted by OC 1K
Lastly, in a pinch, there is a brand new Hampton Inn off the freeway at Eagle road - I think it is technically in Meridian. 3 or 4 exits from the airport. I was forced to stay there once due to availability at the other HGI properties and was very pleasantly surprised by how nice the room & property was, although the free breakfast in the morning was not very good.
Would this be the Hampton Inn at 3270 s. Shosone in Boise?
I'm going out there next month on business and have one night booked at this Hampton Inn and another night at the Hampton Inn in Nampa?
Can anyone comment on either of these? My work is at the Nampa Civic Center.

Edited to add: I can now see the S. Shoshone location is at the airport.....but would still appreciate any feedback on these HI's.

Last edited by kathnunley; Jan 20, 2006 at 9:34 am
Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:21 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH Gold, UA silver, Hertz PC
Have stayed at both Club and Riverside. Club is old and the service is not very good. Riverside is much better, some rooms with the new beds. Rooms in the main building are normal, rooms in the 600 building are much larger, yet older in decor, some with large jacuzzi's. If you are there in the summer you can even fish 20 feet from your room. Riverside also has a happy hour 5-7 M-F, with food and drinks. One of the Sales folks Rich, usually serves and makes the stay welcome. If you stay there tell him Richard says hello.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:39 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
I frequently travel to Boise on business and usually stay at the HGI -Spectrum. It's a newer property (4ish years old?) and the staff is very friendly. Good High speed access. As a HH Diamond I probably get upgraded to a suite there 20% of the time. Good breakfast for an HGI. Lastly the "spectrum" where it is located has alot of restuarants and a theater if your looking for something to do at night, all in easy walking distance ( Highly reccomend the Goodwood Barbecue restaurant - they also deliver to the HGI's rooms).
^ Have to agree about the HGI - Spectrum. We stayed there last September while in Boise and enjoyed it. Staff was very friendly and location is good. We ate at McGrath's Fish House across the street. It was recommended by the HGI staff and was excellent.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:03 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA nobody, HH Silver, MR Gold
Originally Posted by tcook052
Boise has a downtown?

That was good!
Old Jan 20, 2006, 2:18 pm

The last time I checked, yes Boise had a downtown And speaking of which, there is brand new multi-story Hampton Suites coming up right in the heart of town ( granted, it is a very small heart but it keeps the downtown alive ). The Suites are slated for opening this summer.
Regarding the existing hotels, DT Club would be the closest to BSU. The hotel has been under renovation for the last couple of years. I don't think it is a dump at all, especially if you get one of the renovated corner rooms, like #331. Big room, new "Sweet Dreams" bed, nice view. The Green Belt and the river is a stone throw away. There is also brand new Gold's Gym near by.
DT Riverside is an OK hotel too. It has much better breakfast than The Club. But it is about 10 minutes drive from BSU. On the plus side, if you have to travel to Nampa or Meridian, the Riverside is conveniently located close to freeway ( the Connector ).
HIG Spectrum would be my top choice of Hilton brands in Boise. It is newer, is close to freeway, and has many restaurants, bars and theaters within a walking distance. Usually, it is the priciest of all Boise's Hilton hotels.
Hampton by the airport is at least 5 years old, maybe more. I've never stayed there but from the outside it looks just like any other Hampton-by-the-freeway hotels.
Whatever you decide, don't be too concern about the distance from downtown. In Boise, you are never more than 15 minutes away from whatever place you are traveling. And let it always be so !
Old Jan 20, 2006, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by smooth
DT Riverside is an OK hotel too. It has much better breakfast than The Club
The Club "breakfast" was a coupon for pastry and coffee at the in-house Au Bon Pain for me. Awesome news about the new Suites. I like Downtown Boise; I learned about draft-beer-to-go at Tablerock.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 4:36 pm

Programs: Air Canada Elite , Hilton Honors
That was good!
Actually, if you have not been to Boise for a few years, you might be pleasantly surprised.

They really did a nice downtown renovation, and the rather dreary/dusty little downtown I remember from when I lived there in the mid-eighties has been transformed into a sharp little core of new buildings. With the riverside parks and the BSU campus integrated into the plan, it's quite a little gem.

But it's still sleepy Boise.

Commander Bob
Who still remembers how to pronounce 'Boise' correctly.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I think phonetically it's Bwaz,no?
Old Jan 21, 2006, 8:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Bwah-zay all French like, non?
Old Jan 21, 2006, 9:59 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MileKing
^ Have to agree about the HGI - Spectrum. We stayed there last September while in Boise and enjoyed it. Staff was very friendly and location is good. We ate at McGrath's Fish House across the street. It was recommended by the HGI staff and was excellent.

Ditto. I have stayed there multiple times and have always had an excellent experiences. I really like the staff. The breakfast staff recognizes me even though I go atleast 6 months between stays.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Thanks everyone for the advice. The HGI Spectum sounds good, although I ended up booking the DT Riverside. We'll see. If I don't like it once I arrive, maybe I'll switch.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 6:16 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by best
The HGI in Eagle is the nicest HGI or Hampton I ever seen. Very new and like a fine lodge. Beautiful river in rear.

The restaurant next to it is superb. Has great outdoor area. It is one of three in US where in a restaurant a hard liquoir distillery is legally working. Splendid and reasonably priced food and drinks.
I must absolutely agree with best. This HGI is wonderful.
Rooms on the back side of the hotel have walk-out balconies with chairs.

Highly recommend Bardenay, the restaurant next door (like 50 feet away from the side of the hotel).
Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
If you can't get into the HGI, which happened to me once, I have stayed a Doubletree Club, which was a very nice hotel. The staff was excellent; I would stay there again.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This HGI has taken on Mythic Proportions it seems.

I've got back-to-back stays there and Doubletree Club (where I have stayed previously) this coming weekend. I did a mileage/mattress run to the Spectrum location once ... <yawn>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.