Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:53 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by Firewind
FLYGVA, thank you, and wow, this has got to be one of the most thorough stay reports ever.

Was the deposit actually from a credit card or a debit card? I do not remember ever having a deposit per se taken from my credit card at a hotel (unless it was a prepay, and that was taken earlier). Thank you again.
I think she was using the wrong term - she blocked the amount on the card (which is from my understanding not a deposit)
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:57 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by BotB
Nice review FLYGVA, ^

I believe the bathroom mirror is heated and this keeps it mist free.

I've seen a few Hiltons now (UK and elsewhere) with the middle section heated or the whole mirror. As you say, it is a nice touch ^
I thought about a heated mirror as well, but the mirror was cold (all parts). So I am not 100% sure if is really was heated.
Anyway, I am a huge fan of heated mirrors
Old Mar 26, 2014, 3:32 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
I thought about a heated mirror as well, but the mirror was cold (all parts). So I am not 100% sure if is really was heated.
Anyway, I am a huge fan of heated mirrors
Ah, okay, thanks for clarification, my memory is a bit hazy about which hotel has what feature sometimes

Good to know it doesn't mist up in any case ^
Old Mar 26, 2014, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Recent Stays

I've had two one night stays here in the last couple of weeks, one on my own and one with the GF.

The first stay (with two of us) I booked the cheapest advance guest room with 4 days parking package, the second occasion I just booked the cheapest advance guest room.

On both stays I was upgraded to the exec floor with lounge access (as Gold). When we arrived for the first stay we were too late to use the lounge, however on the second visit I actually had dinner in there and found enough options to keep me well fed and watered

I really like the rooms here, especially the bathrooms. My GF thought the mattress was too firm, although being larger and heavier that wasn't really a problem for me.

On both occasions I/we had breakfast in the lounge and it was more than enough, I was impressed with the selection of hot food as well as cereal etc.

Great property, imo worth the short bus ride/ cost.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Anyone Diamond members had any luck with getting an early check in? Like around 9 or 10am?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by stimpy
Anyone Diamond members had any luck with getting an early check in? Like around 9 or 10am?
I have, but attribute to a bit of luck/hotel not full.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I stayed there for one night ( Friday)

The hotel hoppa was full ( lots of people standing ) and stopped at the holiday inn first.

Check in was fairly quick.

I had booked a room on the Executive floor and grabbed a soft drink and some biscuits and pretzels before it closed at 11pm.

The gym is open 24hours.

Despite being underneath the flightpath ( seeing a lot of heavy jets climing out over you just outside the front door at night was good and the rooms were very quiet.
Bathrobe and slippers were provided.

Breakfast in the lounge in the morning was pretty good with a good variety of continental items and hot scrambled eggs, sausages and bacon.

The Hoppa stops at the T5 travelodge enorute from the hilton to T5

The Hilton T5 is very good ( better than the LHR Marriott IMHO) with the only downside being the location and the Hotel Hoppa service)

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Oct 27, 2014 at 4:21 pm
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:40 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Seems we were there the same night TBS, shame we didn't know or meet up!

Mrs. BotB and I were there Friday night as well and used the park 4 and stay rate (4 nights parking included)...

We arrived around 19:00 and it was fairly quiet, check in staff were helpful and booked standard room but were upgraded to Exec room. ^

Half bottle of wine and chocolate in room ^

Lounge was busy but still seats available, we choose to eat in the excellent Indian restaurant, highly recommend it.

Breakfast in main restaurant was great as usual but had to get them to doublecheck when told it would not be free by one of staff...after checking again they apologised and it was indeed still free for diamonds at least (didn't ask about gold).

Bus is just under £ 10 return (Hoppa) but we choose arranged car for £18 each way which was an E class unmarked taxi really and quick.

Coming back experienced a bit of a wobble trying to get a car to pick us up but eventually did get it sorted.

Still a nice hotel but just a bit too much hassle most of the time for us compared to the Sofitel attached to T5.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi Botb,

I was in room 4028 but did not get in until 10pm ( we arrived at T5 from ED but had to be bussed from the B gates and then just missed the 2105 Hoppa bus and had to wait to 2135 ( the bus was busy)

The good news was; it was a triple HH point stay and a 4* BA Avios offer! so lots of points for this stay.

I will be staying there again on the 11th Nov before going to Las Vegas.

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:14 pm
obs

Programs: BA executive club,priority club Plat Ambassador, Hilton hhonours Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I have stayed here many times, the last being the 15th October. I like the hotel and the rooms, which are clean and modern. The lounge is quite nice, although I do prefer the hilton T4 lounge personally. The hoppa can be a pain but it is only a short journey to T5, 10 minutes or less. I tend to use it as I like to park and leave my own car. The car park for the Hilton T5 is run by NCP and is very competitively priced. My 4 day stay cost £31. I have booked Orlando next year for a family break of 19 days. The quote for parking at the Hilton T5 was just £71. If the shuttle is a pain then Windsor cars charge £16 for the trip to T5, so not much difference for a family using the shuttle. I also find the rates are much lower than the Hilton T4. On another note they have just opened up a subway sandwich store across the road for those with a less discerning pallet...
Old Nov 29, 2014, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

I stayed there again for 1 night on the 11th Nov before flying to Las Vegas. It was another good stay ( see my previous posts) with my room being slightly further away from the lifts.

The hotel was busier than last time with several conventions and dinners ( with lots of people outside of the hotel having a smoking break)

In the morning the EL breakfast was good then went outside and due to the winds the aircraft were on final approach just above the hotel so you got great views of the aircraft on approach.

Rooms were quiet as always.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Best place to stay at LHR for early morning UA flight?

With UA now operating out of Terminal 2, where is the most convenient place to stay at LHR? I normally stay at the Marriott on Bath Rd. and take the Hoppas. Is either the Hilton (terminal 4) or Sofittel (terminal 5) easier. Not really caring about the "hotel experience", just ease in getting to Terminal 2 for a 7:45 am departure. Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi bluedemon211,

From the sofitel you can take the free Heathrow express. train from T5 to T123 and from T4 take the free train to T123 again.

Probably much of a muchness.

Regards

TBS

PS The sofitel ( especially during the week) is probably going to be more expensive than the Hilton T4 and the Bath road hotels although it is very convenient to T5 and is a nicer hotel ( I do not think there is a swimming pool at the sofitel)

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Feb 21, 2015 at 11:32 am
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
With the Hilton T4 or Sofitel T5, you can walk to the airport and take the Tube or Heathrow express to move around to other terminals. It's a hike, but you don't have to rely on anyone or pay anyone. The other hotels require the Hoppa or public bus or taxi.

What I always do at these hotels is take the Hoppa to the hotel (when I'm not in a rush), but book a taxi for the return to the airport. At most any of these hotels you can ask the concierge to book a relatively cheap private car to take you directly to your terminal. Another hint is that you can also get a private car to take you from your hotel into London for much less than a normal taxi.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I still use the Hilton T4 for early UA flights since the move.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.