Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Conference Center {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Conference Center {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2001, 7:43 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Conference Center {US-FL}

Was deciding between The Hilton or the Doubletree @ Miami airport any suggestions?

------------------
AA & Starwood,Marriott Platinum
Diamond Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
U/A Premier Exec

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited 10-02-2001).]
Old Oct 2, 2001, 8:04 am

I know them well. The Hilton is the gem, especially on Thursdays or Sundays as the best salsa dancing outside of Havana happens at Club Mystique on the first floor of the Hilton. Worth checking out even if you don't dance or stay at the Doubletree. They respect HHonors rules and always give elites rooms ending in zero's. One suite for every 10 rooms is a nice ratio.

The Doubletree down the street from the Hilton on Blue Lagoon is dingy. They just started charging for local calls and severly cut back on Hilton Gold benefits. Three Lan Chile flight crews check in daily. A single guy fluent in Spanish might put up with the dingy rooms for the nice scenery around the pool.
Old Jul 31, 2003, 2:10 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
DoubleTree Club Miami Airport

This place must be one of the worst DoubleTrees in the chain. I stayed here last night. I had a queen room on the 9th floor. Here is what I found.

Ceiling in bathroom has black mold. Wallpaper falling off.
Rust on metal fixtures.
Cigarette burns (12 of them) on carpet in a NSmoking room.
Bedspread had lipstick (at least I think it was) on it.
Telephone mouth piece smelled.
No morning paper.

It is a very old hotel that should be a best western or something. Heck - Red Roof Inn is much better than this.

Anyway - enjoy if you must but I will give this dump a miss in the future when in the Miami airport area.

Old Jul 31, 2003, 10:05 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
I stayed there a couple years ago and had a similar experience. Instead, stay down the road the Hilton, which is pretty nice.

I cannot believe that the DoubleTree Club is part of the DoubleTree chain -- it is more like a flea bag hotel as far as I am concerned.

Old Aug 1, 2003, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
This building was converted from apartments into a hotel.

I used to drive by the site often when I had a client in the adjacent Waterford office complex. When I first saw the construction activity I was expecting the existing building to be razed - imagine my surprise(!)
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:56 am

Programs: Southwest A+, SW Companion Pass, HHonors Diamond
Next time, try the new Hampton Inn & Suites one block south. A great property! Gated parking, secure elevators, fantastic breakfast, clean rooms, and non-smoking means non-smoking since birth! I stayed there just last weekend for only $69/night.

Once upon a time, I stayed at this DoubleTree Club. The best cookies in the world can't make this dump any better!
Old Aug 7, 2003, 11:23 am

Another vote for the HI Miami Airport south. This is one of their better properties and not overpriced like many MIA hotels.
Old Oct 26, 2003, 6:31 pm

avoid doubletree miami airport

no one did anything wrong...actually kinda nice people, but ....really really small old dingy rooms...no upgrade..even though we are diamond...no breakfast at all...it was a club doubletree....whatever that is...i guess it is a second rate doubletree....it was cheap however..just 80 on a week night

Old Oct 28, 2003, 6:57 am

In general I recommend avoiding Doubletree clubs entirely.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 7:17 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by installer:
In general I recommend avoiding Doubletree clubs entirely.</font>
Ditto

Old Oct 28, 2003, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
The Doubletree Clubs are the worst of the worst... sort of "express" versions of Doubletree, with no in-house restaurant or room service. Roughly the same amenity scale as a Red Roof Inn, only DCs charge more. Avoid.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 10:29 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
The only exception I make is the DT Club at LAS airport. Good HHonors recognition and very convenient for late arriving/early departing flights.
Old Oct 29, 2003, 9:22 am

Stayed there in Feb 2001 for a four-night stay. First night, was on the first floor, had cockroaches--big cockroaches. Was moved to the 10th floor and given two nights free without asking.

Since then, I have stayed about a dozen times at the Hilton and Homewood Suites down the road. Never again at the Club.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA *G
The DoubleTree Club at JFK is really nice.
If only it had a better brand?
I would love it to be Four Points :P
-AG
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:44 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Doubletree Miami Airport

Struggling to find anything about this Hotel. Has anyone stayed there and can comment? Currently booked at the Hilton Miami Airport
Tx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.