Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Suites

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2001, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
Hampton Suites

Not sure if anyone else has brought this up, but stayed recently at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Duncan SC, and was upgraded as a gold to one of their suites. Very nice suite, with a separate bedroom, full fridge, microwave, stove, plates, bowls, utensils, and a nice welcome gift. Very nice upgrade as a gold, and was at least as nice if not nicer than some of the Embassy Suites I have stayed in.

Anyone else gotten these upgrades at the Hampton Suites as a gold?

I am going to make sure I hit this property again.
Old Aug 30, 2001, 6:24 pm

Location: San Antonio, Tx USA PM-DL Diamond VIP-Hilton PC Hertz
Though under no obligation to upgrade, I have been upgraded to some of the nicest rooms at Hampton Inns. I feel that The Hampton Inns are the gems of the HHonors program.
Old Aug 31, 2001, 1:16 pm
E

Just had my own award stay at the Davenport, Iowa Hampton Inn property, and as a GOLD was upgraded to a suite room.

It had all of the above mentioned amenities, plus a whirlpool tub...too bad the wife was at home! :-(

I have also been upgraded to suites during previous business trips to Hamptons this year...always very nice accomodations, and I love the consistency of the Hampton properties in general.
Old Sep 2, 2001, 4:20 pm

I am Gold and get upgraded more than 50% of the time at Hampton Inns. I saw on this board a while back to put "Gold VIP, Please upgrade to suite" in the online special instructions and it works. I would say that on 50% of the upgrades, I get a suite without even asking. There is a Hampton Inn & Suites in Asheville, NC that is one of the nicest Hamptons I have ever stayed in and I have always revieved a upgrade.
Old Sep 2, 2001, 4:25 pm

I stay at one particular Hampton Inn & Suites every week and I swear there is a note next to my name that says "do not upgrade." Once the employees realized I was a regular they upgraded me for a couple weeks but then the manager told his employees not to upgrade people paying business rates. I don't quite get it, since I have stayed there 91 nights this year! You'd think they'd make an exception.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.