Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Angel Islington {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Angel Islington {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by wizla
I'm here guys this Friday, got a gig to do next door with US HipHop legend " kool g rap ".
I've booked a twin superior as I'm traveling with a mate but I'm hoping for a double/double upgrade......will see, not too fussed.
Anyone staying in London that night and fancies it I have one space left on the guest list for this gig, pm me!......will do the usual trip report.
A very kind offer to FT. I hope someone has taken you up on it!

Good luck with the upgrade as well as the gig. Always enjoy this property too, so will be interested to hear how your stay goes. ^
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by RAPC
A very kind offer to FT. I hope someone has taken you up on it!

Good luck with the upgrade as well as the gig. Always enjoy this property too, so will be interested to hear how your stay goes. ^
Many thanks , yeah I know the headline act is big in America and most FT folk are from he USA , however the support act " blade " in my opinion is the best in the UK , I'm expecting a great show here !.
Will do the live report , I'm so looking forward to this event!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:06 pm

Yes spot on!.......I love the area too.....I'm hoping to arrive around 2pm so I have a chance to walk the nearby canal .
Agree on the exec lounge, 2nd smallest I've seen ( doubletree docklands takes the crown for 1st ) yet it never seems busy during happy hour, last stay had some great canapés too and the beauty is happy hour starts at 5pm.....perfect for a few pre gig prossecos ( on stage at 8pm ) ...... not seen gym yet, think this is a new addition but will use it Saturday morning before breakfast.....yeah looking forward to it.
The Exec Lounge here is an add on. It wasn't there when I first started using the hotel in 2013 or so. We were first told it was going to be on the top floor, and then the opted to convert a meeting room.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by Pjh104
The Exec Lounge here is an add on. It wasn't there when I first started using the hotel in 2013 or so. We were first told it was going to be on the top floor, and then the opted to convert a meeting room.
It is quite decent - though it feels a bit like you're in a goldfish bowl with all of the lobby traffic watching you through the wall of glass as they walk by!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
It is quite decent - though it feels a bit like you're in a goldfish bowl with all of the lobby traffic watching you through the wall of glass as they walk by!
Yeah it is a strange one, I've never seen it busy though even with it being so small.
Just noticed I've been preupgraded to a " two double bed guest room " from the twin superior I booked.......OLCI opens in a couple of hours so will see if I can bag a high floor/end corridor room.......will report back!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:35 am

Arrived 3pm, upgraded to two double bed guest room on 2nd floor......it's huge!......everything double, toiletries, soaps , shower gels etc......bathroom big monsoon shower but plug jammed shut so no water release.......reported and maintenance now looking at it whilst im in the lounge, lounge quiet, booze 5-8 canapés 6-8, now having a nice glass of prosseco.....no spirits!......will report back when canapés arrive.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:42 am

Ok, let's start again......crazy crazy night! I didn't get time to do live report , now home .

Arrived 3pm, upgraded as stated earlier.......room huge ( two bedroom guest room )..... I was staying with an old friend of mine hence the twin booking but the upgrade was perfect, we had a double bed each!
Bathroom big too, loved the monsoon shower however the plug was jammed shut so had to phone maintenance to have a look ( this was fixed whilst we were in the lounge ).
We went for a brief walk along the nearby canal, nice setting and great little pub about 10mins walk east.
The lounge is small here but strangely never busy....... popped in to grab a takeaway tea before walk, some pastrys and alpen bars out.
We got to lounge around 5-15pm, drinks 5-8, food 6-8, this suited us as I had a gig to do next door ( on stage at 8pm ).

BEERS - bud , Heineken and Stella.

CANAPÉS- southern fried chicken and onion bharji - reasonable cheeseboard, grapes and crackers - turkey and mustard sandwiches - crudités

SPIRITS - none

WINE - white, red and great prosseco.

Lounge was never busy at any point, half full perhaps.....nice vibe!
Left at 7-15pm .
Gig was amazing, saw so many old friends, got quite drunk!
Got back to hotel around 1am , quiet......slept well due to alcohol but bed was comfy.
Woke with huge hangover so never went to the gym here......breakfast was nice, usual Hilton standard but I wasn't hungry so just had some toast and juice.
Check out swift and parking discounted (£24 ) .
I didn't checkout until noon as I thought it best to not drive this morning due to the beer and wine I drank last night, so went for another walk along the canal, nice!
CONCLUSION - apart from the dodgy bath plug I had no issues, I like this hotel, shame no sauna but great service none the less, love the area too, would happily return!

ROOM NO - 278

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton Canary Wharf ( 3/7/17 )

Last edited by wizla; Jun 24, 2017 at 1:25 pm Reason: Additional information added
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:17 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Review: Hilton London Angel Islington

Hilton London Angel Islington

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

53 Upper Street London, GB N1 0UY

Review: Hilton London Angel Islington (King Executive Suite) (21 Photos)

Hilton London Angel Islington opened in 1999 and was refurbished in 2013.

DSCF4626.JPG

The hotel lobby is small, but functional. The Executive Lounge is situated to the left and the Axis restaurant is situated to the right. A 360-degree virtual tour of the hotel lobby is available on the hotel’s website: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/united-kingdom/hilton-london-angel-islington-LONISHN/photo-tours/index.html

The check-in process was efficient. As a Diamond member, I was upgraded from a standard room to a King Executive Suite. I was informed that I could enjoy complimentary Premium internet access (I was told to select the Premium internet access option on the log-in page after connecting to the wifi network, and the Premium internet charge would be removed from the bill at checkout).

The hotel has four floors. I was allocated a suite on the second floor.

Corridor:

DSCF4572.JPG

King Executive Suite

The King Executive Suite was clean and comfortable. It was maintained in good condition and had a fresh, homely feel.

At 45 sqm, the suite was adequately sized, though it would feel much less spacious at its maximum capacity of 2 adults and 2 children (or 3 adults) with the sofa bed in the living room set up.

On entering the suite, the bathroom was situated to the left and the living room was straight ahead.

The bathroom was elegantly designed with white marble and featured a walk-in shower (according to the description of the King Executive Suite on the hotel’s website, some suites have a bathtub instead of a walk-in shower).

DSCF4575.JPG

DSCF4578.JPG

DSCF4579.JPG

The living room had a sofa bed, 2 arm chairs, a plasma TV and a work desk with a swivel chair.

2_DSCF4590.JPG

DSCF4593.JPG

There was a welcome gift (a small bottle of Footsteps Shiraz wine) and two bottles of water, but no welcome letter. According to the description of the suite on the hotel’s website, this welcome gift is offered to all guests staying in a suite.

DSCF4597.JPG

There was a connecting door in the entryway to the adjacent guest room.

DSCF4602.JPG

The living room overlooked the inner courtyard. It was possible to open the window partially.

DSCF4618.JPG

Sliding doors separated the bedroom, which had a king bed, chaise longue and plasma TV. The bedroom did not have a window.

DSCF4582.JPG

DSCF4588.JPG

A 360-degree virtual tour of the King Executive Suite is available on the hotel’s website: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/united-kingdom/hilton-london-angel-islington-LONISHN/photo-tours/index.html (select the sixth image on the right hand side)

The Premium wifi speed was okay (download speed of 9Mbps, upload speed of 7.5Mbps and 59ms ping).

Executive Lounge

The Executive Lounge is situated on the ground floor next to the lobby. The Lounge is very small and can only seat 22 people.

DSCF4623.JPG

There are power sockets next to the table by the newspaper rack in the Lounge.

DSCF4622.JPG

Evening drinks are available from 5 to 8 pm daily, while evening canapes are available from 6 to 8pm daily. During my stay, the selection of alcoholic drinks consisted of Casa Albali Tempranillo Shiraz, Casa Albali Sauvignon Blanc, Bolla prosecco, Provincia Di Pavia Pinot Grigio Rosé and beer.

DSCF4571.JPG

The selection of food (duck spring rolls, vegetable tempura, finger sandwiches, crudites, cheese board) on offer was not really enough to serve as a substitute for dinner.

DSCF4569.JPG

Coffee, tea and soft drinks (as well as snacks such as cereal bars, jelly beans and wasabi peas) are available throughout the day.

DSCF4605.JPG

Breakfast is available from 7 to 10am on weekdays and from 7 to 11am during the weekend. However, due to low occupancy during my stay, breakfast was not served in the Lounge and guests were invited to go to the Axis restaurant.

Access to the Lounge is by key card. During the day, the Lounge was not staffed. During evening drinks/canapes, there was a member of staff in the Lounge clearing used plates/glasses and replenishing food/drinks.

Breakfast

As a Diamond member, the full breakfast buffet in the Axis restaurant was available free of charge.

The breakfast buffet in the Axis restaurant is available on weekdays between 6:30 and 10am, and on weekends between 7 and 11am.

The buffet included cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, cold cuts, smoked mackerel, a range of pastries and bread, waffles, porridge, and cooked English breakfast items (bacon, sausages, fried eggs, boiled eggs, hash browns, grilled tomatoes etc). There was no granola. Unfortunately, the quality of the mushrooms, sausages and pancakes was disappointing.

DSCF4610.JPG

DSCF4611.JPG

Facilities

The fitness centre is situated on the fourth floor and is open 24/7.

DSCF4613.JPG

DSCF4615.JPG

There is one PC and laser printer in the lobby available for guests to use.

The hotel is very conveniently located – it is just a few minutes’ walk from Angel tube station. There are many shops, restaurants, cafes etc in the area.

Overall

I enjoyed my stay at Hilton London Angel Islington. The recent refurbishment in 2013 has given the hotel a modern feel. I was treated well as a Diamond member (upgraded to a King Executive Suite and granted the 2pm late checkout that I requested). However, the evening drinks and canapes selection in the Executive Lounge could be improved, as well as the quality of the breakfast buffet in the restaurant. Nonetheless, I would recommend this hotel.

Review: Hilton London Angel Islington (King Executive Suite)

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton London Angel Islington
?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:48 am

I have just remembered why this is my favourite Hilton in London. Service. Before I arrived I was upgraded to an Executive Room. Glyn the Concierge gave a very personal check in. We had a chat. The room is spotless with views as far as the Shard. What makes the difference is the staff. All of them are attentive. A stand out point is the General Manager serving table at breakfast and chatting to his guests. I cannot commend him and his staff enough. Well done. I’m glad I am here until Monday!
Princess fiona likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:25 am

No posts about this one for a while, I’m here Wednesday night , I booked double guest room, no preupgrade yet but it’s early days ......I’ll do the usual cutting edge reporting ��
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I stayed in November and had a decently sized double double room. I thought the lounge was small and weak and I had huge problems trying to get my keycard to open the gym.

its a better environment post refurb but at normally prevailing prices is relatively poor value for money. It is however better than the nearby Doubletree.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
My wife and I stayed a few weeks ago for two nights. Rooms were extremely clean, and the breakfast buffet had your nice European-style selections. Lounge was small and disappointing. We had a decent prepaid rate and it was close to the Angel tube station so it worked for us.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton Hhonors, Avis, Hertz
No posts about this one for a while, I’m here Wednesday night , I booked double guest room, no preupgrade yet but it’s early days ......I’ll do the usual cutting edge reporting ��
Been a while since I last stayed here, the lounge was atrocious at the time (tables not cleaned, food not replenished and the two half bottles of vino were dreadful) and put me off staying again...I shall be interested to read your report!
wizla likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by MoodyB
Been a while since I last stayed here, the lounge was atrocious at the time (tables not cleaned, food not replenished and the two half bottles of vino were dreadful) and put me off staying again...I shall be interested to read your report!
Yes I’ve heard a couple of negative words too about the hotel, think I’ve stayed three times now and had mostly positive experiences, that said the lounge is very small but was never crowded when I’ve stayed and the offerings was good......I guess I’m going back nearly two years now.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:51 am

Arrived 2-30pm, no pre upgrade as hotel is sold out so I took the step of securing a top floor double guest room as booked, no upgrade on arrival but this is understandable.
Room to be fair is quite nice double is an English queen and comfy, view is of inner courtyard and near lift but is quiet, two waters, nice decor and a reasonable size.
Bathroom is ok, no bath but monsoon shower, again a reasonable size too.
Popped to lounge for a coffee at 3pm, no afternoon tea as such but Alpen bars and posh crisps ( chips if you are from the USA) .
Did notice that there was only take away cups ,and fridge has cans of cola and lemonade rather than bottles, no big deal but not very executive .
Now gonna use gym and then back to the lounge for evening service. I’m not expecting anything great but will engage an open mind ......will report back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.