Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Angel Islington {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Angel Islington {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:04 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by chrism20
I have stayed at both in the last six months - Wembley every time, even more so if it is £60 cheaper.

Both are nice hotels but Wembley is far superior.
Yep... I agree......I've never stayed at islington, but wembley is very good.....if I didn't have commitments in Docklands I would choose this one over Canary wharf I think.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
chrism20 and wizla - thanks very much. good to know.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 4:30 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Just completed a 2 night stay at this property. Was upgraded to a king executive room which was lovely and spacious. There was a bottle of wine in the room for me. The executive lounge has definitely seen some improvements in their evening offerings. The wine and beer selection is still a bit lacking though. Still, no spirits. Evening canapés consisted of two hot items (meatballs and veggie samosas), small sandwiches, cheese board, cold cuts, cheeses, and raw veggies and dips. Quite nice. Breakfast in the morning consisted of cold items, plus hot items. Definitely a nice improvement since my last stay a few months back. Always a favourite property in London for me.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:12 am

Great London Hotel

What marks the hotel out is the friendliness of the staff. From the moment you arrive they smile and are nice to you. Everyone. Check in, concierge, room cleaning, breakfast staff. It's lovely especially in such a large metropolis like London.

I was pre upgraded as a diamond to an executive room. Was told I could have breakfast in the lounge or restaurant. Went for the restaurant and the like very guy in charge told me I had made a good choice. Cooked to order eggs on request.

In the room there was a small bottle of red wine and two bottles of water. The water was replaced daily. When I came back a few hours later there was a nice card from the GM and a box of After Eight chocolates. Lovely touches.

Lounge was good. Beer (choice of 3), wine (choice of 3) and soft drinks. Sandwiches and canapés were good quality. Hot food so so but edible.

No hesitation next time I'm in London. I am staying here.

Well done to all.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: FB Platinum For Life, HH Diamond
One night stay on points as HHD. Slightly embarrassingly, I went to the wrong hotel at first (the DT Islington). The DA at the DT told me that it "happens all the time" and directed me to the Hilton which is a five minute walk from the DT. (And she also gave me a cookie.)

Finally arrived at the Hilton, check-in was friendly. I was upgraded to a double deluxe. No mention of the lounge (I arrived late at night, so it was probably already closed). The area is quite nice, and the hotel is easy to reach by bus from King's Cross.

I only spent the night and left the next morning right after breakfast. Breakfast was quite good, nothing extravagant, but I'd say better than average. I couldn't find any newspapers in the breakfast room.

Summary. I had ignored the two Islington hotels so far since I thought that they were quite far away from where I normally am in London. But they are really just a short bus hop from King's Cross and reasonably nice. Given that they always seem to be a bit cheaper than the truly central Hiltons, I'll keep them in mind.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:19 am

I have a gig to do in Finsbury Park next Saturday ( 30th Jan ) , will do the usual live trip report, however has anyone stayed here lately? And can give any tips.....my first time.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Originally Posted by wizla
I have a gig to do in Finsbury Park next Saturday ( 30th Jan ) , will do the usual live trip report, however has anyone stayed here lately? And can give any tips.....my first time.
This property, yes a few months ago. Back in London at the moment too but at a different property. Rooms at Islington are really chic and modern. I usually get an upgrade to at least an executive room though I got a Jr. suite last time. The lounge is on the ground floor by reception and is accessible with your key card. Staff has always been great. Breakfast is a hot breakfast with different styles of eggs, bacon, and sausage. The usual continental fare as well. That is always enough for me but the restaurant has a great breakfast spread too. Evening spread had a cheese board, assorted cold canapes, sandwiches, veggie tray, fruits, and two hot items. Red, white, rose wines, some beers but no spirits. No afternoon tea but they have snacks and fruit all day. That about covers it!
Old Jan 29, 2016, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by fabulousflygirl
This property, yes a few months ago. Back in London at the moment too but at a different property. Rooms at Islington are really chic and modern. I usually get an upgrade to at least an executive room though I got a Jr. suite last time. The lounge is on the ground floor by reception and is accessible with your key card. Staff has always been great. Breakfast is a hot breakfast with different styles of eggs, bacon, and sausage. The usual continental fare as well. That is always enough for me but the restaurant has a great breakfast spread too. Evening spread had a cheese board, assorted cold canapes, sandwiches, veggie tray, fruits, and two hot items. Red, white, rose wines, some beers but no spirits. No afternoon tea but they have snacks and fruit all day. That about covers it!
Hey, thanks for the tips........my stay is sat night, will do live trip report.....so far no upgrade but it's still early , OLCI is offering only two double guest rooms both by lift so will monitor this as the days goes on
Old Jan 29, 2016, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Hey, thanks for the tips........my stay is sat night, will do live trip report.....so far no upgrade but it's still early , OLCI is offering only two double guest rooms both by lift so will monitor this as the days goes on
I never seem to have much luck with being pre-upgraded on the OLCI though last week my upgrade to an Exec room at Tower Bridge came in late the evening before. Enjoy the Islington property. Just checked out of the Conrad and it was fab! Looking forward to your live trip report.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by fabulousflygirl
I never seem to have much luck with being pre-upgraded on the OLCI though last week my upgrade to an Exec room at Tower Bridge came in late the evening before. Enjoy the Islington property. Just checked out of the Conrad and it was fab! Looking forward to your live trip report.
Yes I've yet to stay at the Conrad, only problem is no pool or gym .....same as Islington but I have a gig to do in nearby Finsbury Park so very convenient ......i do hear good reports though about Conrad, I'm sure one day I will get to stay there
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Conrad has a fitness center, from what I read.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Conrad has a fitness center, from what I read.
Does it?......I must have missed that.......that's a bonus!
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:35 pm

Preupgraded to exec 448 (same room as you had botb)....... Done OLCI and will see what happens......will report back.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 10:16 am

Arrived 12-30pm, preupgraded to exec 448 ( the room botb had when he done his review)..... No point to upload pics as same as botb from 2014.
Love the room, Comfy bed etc......for anyone into football ( I'm not ) as I got to the lift, Arsene wenger and the whole Arsenal team were coming out, coulda made a fortune if I was a pap!.
Hotel has a nice feel about it, very friendly staff....spotless too.
Went to lounge around 1pm for a coffee, room was empty but pastries and alpen bars available and also some huge gingerbread men?.
Went for a walk , returned at 4-45, had a look in lounge , again empty....no afternoon tea but still the pastries and gingerbread still there.
Shame there is no sauna here, I really fancy one.......room has a huge bath , guess that will do.
Gonna relax and have a nap.....I have a gig to do tonight so I'm not gonna be back until early hours, I plan to have a couple of drinks in the Lounge before I leave......will report back!
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:47 pm

Now in the lounge, it's small and we got the last seats available but after 10 mins it emptied out a bit......nice atmosphere.
BEERS - Heineken and budvar

CANAPÉS- duck spring rolls and curry triangles, smoked salmon sandwiches, reasonable cheeseboard and sliced peppers.

WINE - Albali red, white and rose....no fizzy!

Service is fairly poor, twice I've had to go to reception to request crackers and beer ( both ran out ).
Plenty of restaurants in the area to choose from before I hit Finsbury Park for my gig.......nice area!....will report back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.