Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

50,000 Hilton Honors Points Promotion: 2001

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50,000 Hilton Honors Points Promotion: 2001

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2001, 7:07 am
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by 2bgrounded:
Thanks for the information. I signed up yesterday and today have credit for the first two stays.

The stays were within the last two weeks but I didn't expect retroactive credit!

Our Diamond status remained.

What credit card did you use on the prior stays?

Thanx!

Old Apr 24, 2001, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Thanks firstly to Mr.Key for tipping me off about this promo, and for the good info in this thread to fill out the picture. Quick call just now to 1-800-548-8690 and all was sweet. Was taking Joh for a paid night at the Sydney Hilton tomorrow just to get out of the house, so timing was superb.

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Apr 24, 2001, 9:12 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally posted by Mikey likes it:
Originally posted by chix:
After speaking with the service center, the agent said that if you sign up and are presently Diamond, you will keep that status.
False. Unless there is some kind of hinky thing going on with my account. This morning I was Diamond. I called the service center. After the call, I was Gold. Chix, did you register for the promotion? If so, did you then check your status online? Please let me know; if your experience differs from mine I will know that my account was not correctly coded.

Mike

Yes, indeed. I went to check my status this morning and it still shows Diamond.

Old Apr 24, 2001, 11:46 am

Thanks, Chix. I am going to call HHonors and see if they can explain what happened to my account.
Old Apr 24, 2001, 4:03 pm

Well apparently they are retroactive. Signed up yesterday. I checked my account today and I received my first 5,000 bonus points from the ereward promo from an April 6 Hilton stay.

Didn't use a Diner's Club either.

[This message has been edited by 880 (edited 04-24-2001).]

[This message has been edited by 880 (edited 04-24-2001).]
Old Apr 24, 2001, 4:41 pm

Regarding retroactive credit, my last Hilton stay ended on Apr. 1 and I have not received any retroactive points from the EWRDC promotion. I just called HH and rep said he could not give me the points. Should I just call back and talk to someone else? Anyone else have this problem?
Old Apr 24, 2001, 5:27 pm

Same thing here...and used AMEX
Old Apr 24, 2001, 5:45 pm
DOC 2 BE

Any credit card will do!!

[This message has been edited by DOC 2 BE (edited 04-26-2001).]

Old Apr 24, 2001, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
I asked to enrol in EWRDC as a non erewards member and the agent went offline for awhile and came back to say OK. Guess I better watch my statements.
Old Apr 24, 2001, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Not so fast.

I'm waiting to sign up for the promo till the end of May. I'll do my Hilton stays during the summer; and if I sign up now, I'll blow a good thing.

Dan
Old Apr 24, 2001, 8:42 pm

I just got retroactive credit for 2 more stays on top of the one I already got...I do lots of stays so it's possible I've had 3 in the past two weeks....so anyway...I just checked out of another Hilton..that should finish off my promo...IN ONLY 1 DAY (I signed up last night) !!! Is this a record???? Man..they just GAVE me the 50K...they said "Here IM4Travel, take it...we have too many points here...take some "
Old Apr 24, 2001, 9:03 pm
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by dhammer53:
Not so fast.

I'm waiting to sign up for the promo till the end of May. I'll do my Hilton stays during the summer; and if I sign up now, I'll blow a good thing.

Dan

Absolutely correct!

That is exactly what I am going to do as I am only a leisure traveler.

Old Apr 24, 2001, 11:27 pm

Originally posted by DOC 2 BE:

What credit card did you use on the prior stays?

Thanx!
Always use Optima American Express at Hilton family hotels for the extra points!
Old Apr 24, 2001, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
I signed up for this promo this morning. I just checked my HHonors account and I received retroactive credit for a Hilton stay on the 9th of April. I paid with a VISA. I am currently a Gold HHonors member.

I didn't receive retroactive credit for a stay I had on the 2nd of April though. I wonder if I should call HHonors and request retroactive credit for that stay, or should I just be happy with retroactive credit for the one stay?

I have been staying at a Sheraton lately (for no reason other than to qualify for SPG Platinum status) but I will definitely stay at a Hilton property at least four times within the next 90 days to make sure I qualify for the 50K bonus points.

Yahoo, another 50K bonus points here I come!

[This message has been edited by onedog (edited 04-24-2001).]
Old Apr 24, 2001, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Oops, double post

[This message has been edited by onedog (edited 04-24-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.