Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Sonoma Wine Country {US-CA} [closed due to fire Oct 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sonoma Wine Country {US-CA} [closed due to fire Oct 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2010, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
beware of double billings

2-months AFTER the fact the following was finally received (and without any comment from so-called Guest Assistance but to consider this issue closed a good month before receiving the following):-

Mr. _____, you were charged 2 x in error. It has since been credited last week.
My apologies for the inconvience.

Best Regards,

Jeff

Originally Posted by TiredOfTooMuchTravel
.... you should file a case with Hilton Guest Assistance. Lets them try to get the hotel to respond and if they dont you'd still be able to dispute the charge and might even end up with a My Guest certificate.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:53 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
What a wonderful stay recently! Mrs. cblaisd and I needed a two night stay in the area, and there was a Point Stretcher reward available.

Were upgraded to a very lovely larger room with sitting area with bay windows. Pool was heated and very clean. Breakfast buffet was excellent. Staff very helpful.

Plan to return again - particularly if it can be had on a point stretcher for less than the Hampton up the road!
Old Jul 15, 2011, 4:03 pm

Just got back from a tour of wine country (this hotel and Napa HGI). I was upgraded to a lanai room, which was a shared deck area near the pool. It was nice to have to head to the workout room (which was very limited), but sort of freaked me out the first time someone walked by the door. No big deal though, just close the blinds.

As a gold I received free breakfast, but it was the continental variety at the restaurant. My friend liked it better than I did, but it was ok. Breakfast at the HGI Napa was really good.

The hotel does not have an executive lounge, if anyone was wondering.

All in all, it was solid B grade.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by scocjo
Just got back from a tour of wine country (this hotel and Napa HGI). I was upgraded to a lanai room, which was a shared deck area near the pool. It was nice to have to head to the workout room (which was very limited), but sort of freaked me out the first time someone walked by the door. No big deal though, just close the blinds.

As a gold I received free breakfast, but it was the continental variety at the restaurant. My friend liked it better than I did, but it was ok. Breakfast at the HGI Napa was really good.

The hotel does not have an executive lounge, if anyone was wondering.

All in all, it was solid B grade.
Coming back here next week, I agree with the B grade.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium,Delta LT Sky Club,Hertz Presidential Circle
Checked into the Santa Rosa Hilton Sonoma Wine Country Hotel. Booked a standard King Bed (375 sq. ft.) and was upgrade to a King Bed Junior Suite (535 sq. ft.). As a Diamond, was given certificates for two full breakfasts at the Nectar Restaurant. One of the few hiltons where they still give full breakfasts.

Being the middle of the week, seems to be pretty quite....looks like only 5 or 6 cars parked next to each of the 3 story buildings, and each building has approximately 36 rooms (12 per floor).
Old May 17, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
We stayed here 2 weeks ago. I was placed into a Junior Suite. The ceiling was vaulted for more room. They had a separate chair/TV area and an average bathroom. The room did not impress me much.

The service was excellent and the restaurant (Nectar) was solid. We sat on the patio both times. The certificates I received covered either a full breakfast (gratuity extra) or the buffet (with gratuity).

If you plan to stay her to visit Wine Country, I don't find the location to be all that great. Each time we wanted to go visit the vineyards or a decent restaurant on Napa side, My GPS required us to cross over the mountains. In 1 case, it had us cross over Mt Veeder (shortest route).

Parking is ample but gets pretty full on the weekends.

When we head back to Sonoma/Napa, we will stay on the other side of the mountains (towards Mt Helena).

That said, If I had a business trip that required me to be near Santa Rosa, I'd stay here again.
Old May 19, 2012, 8:29 am

Just noticed their ad on "Livingsocial.com":

Hilton Sonoma Wine Country
One-Stay for Two in a Standard King or Double Queen Room, Sundays through Thursdays, Plus Two Wine Tasting Vouchers Per Guest for Local Wineries, and a $25 Lunch or Dinner Credit to Nectar Restaurant
$129
Old Jun 28, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Based on no posts in 2+ years (and a planned Labor Day stay), here's a bump to this thread to see if anyone can offer any recent experiences. Thnx.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jmd001
Based on no posts in 2+ years (and a planned Labor Day stay), here's a bump to this thread to see if anyone can offer any recent experiences. Thnx.
Not planning on staying but saw your travel plans and I can't rave enough about the following as it is just stupendous and the entrance fee goes to various local charities and good causes, plus it is nearby the hotel!

http://sonomawinecountryweekend.com/...ste-of-sonoma/
Old Jun 28, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Not planning on staying but saw your travel plans and I can't rave enough about the following as it is just stupendous and the entrance fee goes to various local charities and good causes, plus it is nearby the hotel!

http://sonomawinecountryweekend.com/...ste-of-sonoma/
Looks interesting, but I wish they listed the names of the vineyards and chefs. Regardless, will certainly take your rave into consideration. Now to see what the other 11 folks in our weekend entourage think about it!
Old Jun 28, 2014, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Looks interesting, but I wish they listed the names of the vineyards and chefs. Regardless, will certainly take your rave into consideration. Now to see what the other 11 folks in our weekend entourage think about it!
When I was last there some 10 years ago, ALL the Sonoma vineyards were represented and about 50 restaurants, as well.

You can call them and ask about this year's event.

I plan to go as well, but will be staying in Mendocino.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Jun 28, 2014, 4:34 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
I've stayed there sometime in the last couple of years. Lately I've been staying at the Doubltree in Rohnert Park because their rates have been a lot less. The Santa Rosa Hilton continues to treat Hilton VIPs well with upgrades and full breakfast in the restaurant (at least as of the last time I was there). The heating system tends to be under powered, but that shouldn't be an issue over labor day.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: MR PP & LT Plat, HH Diamond, WN A+ and CP, Avis First, National E+
Spent a night last summer. It was an older property, reasonably well-kept. No diamond status upgrade, but didn't ask for one either. I do recall the breakfast buffet being good.

All in all, a fairly average older room. The grounds were very nicely manicured and well kept. For the price, it met my expectations.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: GGL CCR
Hilton Sonoma Wine Country - check the bill

Superb hotel

Food so good I actually went to breakfast on more than one day!

Hotel wireless internet one of the best (speed, and consistency) I've had in the past 25 years of travelling.

Staff are excellent.

Check the bill though as if you check in at a higher rate than the tail end days the high rate for me had been carried through the whole stay - will challenge it later on check out as business does not need to pay for other than what was agreed.

Genemage
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
good to hear the hotel is decent and breakfast is nice ... will be there later this year. Will make sure I check my bill, it's a cash and point rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.