Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What can I expect?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2001, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

What can I expect?

I recently had a problem at a European Hilton hotel. As a Gold member who had stayed there before, I wrote to the hotel manager and complained about the shabby treatment. The manager promptly wrote back to me, profusely apologized and reimbursed me for one night's stay. Needless to say, I was quite pleased. The manager also wrote that when I return to the hotel, I should contact him personally when I make my reservations. My questions are these: Has something like this happened to anyone else (i.e., been asked to reserve with the hotel manager)? And, what can I expect when I do stay there again?

[This message has been edited by MonicaL (edited 06-12-2001).]
Old Jun 12, 2001, 6:37 pm
DOC 2 BE

It would be helpful to us all if you identify the hotel so that we can make a mental note of it should we choose to stay there.

Old Jun 12, 2001, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I cannot speak for Europe (except once and I still have the letter, the GM is long gone) but this type of offer was extended to me more than a few times in the USA and PR because of crappy whatever. I always asked for a letter "so I wont forget". When you call for reservations you usually wont speak to the GM, but to an executive assistant. Itsa better because most GM seem to have poor memories (and bad breath). Explain the situation.......and fax the letter if necessary. Typically you will get a suite and one or more of the following: flowers, wine, fruit, candy etc. Upon occasion you will receive a comped meal (my favorite). Good luck.

MisterNice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.