Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Los Angeles, California, USA {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Los Angeles, California, USA {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by gadberry
Introduction This property just finished a complete remodel. The biggest change for me is that there are now refrigerators in every room. I have stayed here multiple times over the years and always have a pleasant stay. The black-out curtains and awesome beds mean I sleep great everytime.I think Cypress is a good central location as you are between LA county, OC, and Long Beach. This hotel is mostly for business but it is close to the beach and theme parks. In other words; Dad is working, Mom and kids are playing.If you are Japanese, there are many Japanese businesses in the area. I always see Japanese people at breakfast which gives me a chance to practice speaking to them.A few other things: The lobby has 24 hour coffee and tea. Next door there is a Target so you don't need to pack everything if you like to travel light or forget something. Starbucks, Taco Bell, and some small restaurants are very close. Valley View and Katella are busy streets so you can find just about any type of restaurant. I almost forgot to mention that the Internet works great here. There is also a business center with free computers and printers in the lobby. If you need a quick workout, the gym is small but adequate. Of course the staff is super nice. There is not much extra that a Hampton can do for Diamonds but I always get a room on the top floor. There is some dedicated Diamond parking available. Breakfast, parking, and Internet are all complimentary.In a few words this hotel is clean and very relaxing.
This property consistently has the best staff and Diamond treatment of just about any HH property I visit. Staff attitude and eagerness to please should be a model for customer service, and this one repeatedly outshines many HH full-service properties.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Dodgers Stadium Recommendation

My wife, daughter and I are traveling the Los Angeles area for a few days and decided to take in a Dodgers nite game. We plan on hotel hopping on the trip so we would like recommendations on the options around Dodgers Stadium. I currently have a reservation at Glendale Hampton Inn at reasonable point value. Any comments, good or bad would be appreciated.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:56 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
There's not much in the immediate vicinity of the stadium, which is actually within a residential neighborhood. And the commercial area nearby is . . . rustic. Your Glendale HI might be the best bet; traffic south on the 5 might not be too bad as you'll be heading into town during the evening rush hour.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:36 am
Suspended

glendale HI is a good bet. traffic on the 5 southbound will be bad. you should consider going east and taking the 2 south to its end or taking surface streets like glendale blvd to riverside dr which takes you right to stadium way.
just give yourself plenty of time and you'll be fine.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
There's a secret part to Dodger games: it's known to insiders as the "7th, 8th, and 9th innings." If you remain in the stadium for this unique bonus experience where the teams continue to play additional baseball after most fans have left, your traffic back to the hotel should be much more manageable. @:-)
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by pinniped
There's a secret part to Dodger games: it's known to insiders as the "7th, 8th, and 9th innings." If you remain in the stadium for this unique bonus experience where the teams continue to play additional baseball after most fans have left, your traffic back to the hotel should be much more manageable. @:-)
You forgot to mention the secret part about the 1st 2nd and 3rd innings that most don't know about either. they start the games before most get there.

Go Blue!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
We caught a couple of games there last year, and the most useful tip that we got was to park in parking lot #13 and walk up the hill. It was cheap and we got free scorecards.

http://www.mlb.com/la/downloads/y200...al_parking.pdf
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:20 am
jxd

Hilton los angeles/universal city or Beverly hilton in LA?

I managed to brg both properties in November,

the Beverly hilton $980 for 4 nights vs hilton la/universal $780 for 4 nights.

Will be renting a car so adding in $49/night for Beverly hilton and $28/night for hilton la/universal.

Currently leaning towards the hilton universal due to the proximity of a metro (able to avoid driving during peak hours), lower room rate as well as parking rate but I prefer the location of the Beverly Hilton.

Last edited by jxd; Jun 15, 2018 at 10:35 am
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Metro is nice, but a pain in general if you're going to have to keep over the hill to do everything. If you end up wanting to go somewhere that isn't served by Metro, you'll have to drive
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
What are you planning to do in LA? If you're planning to stay mostly on the Westside (Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Westwood), save yourself the aggravation and stay at the Beverly Hilton. If you're planning to go to Universal, Hollywood, and downtown, the Universal Hilton would be the more practical (and cheaper) option.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 1:36 am
jxd

Originally Posted by OskiBear
Metro is nice, but a pain in general if you're going to have to keep over the hill to do everything. If you end up wanting to go somewhere that isn't served by Metro, you'll have to drive
Originally Posted by SS255
What are you planning to do in LA? If you're planning to stay mostly on the Westside (Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Westwood), save yourself the aggravation and stay at the Beverly Hilton. If you're planning to go to Universal, Hollywood, and downtown, the Universal Hilton would be the more practical (and cheaper) option.
yeah, will be planning to stay on the west side (mostly).

I get that the location of the Beverly Hilton is much better, but is the location alone worth the ~$300 difference?

TPG's review on the Beverly Hilton is really bad... https://thepointsguy.com/2018/02/beverly-hilton-hotel-review/
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by jxd
yeah, will be planning to stay on the west side (mostly).

I get that the location of the Beverly Hilton is much better, but is the location alone worth the ~$300 difference?

TPG's review on the Beverly Hilton is really bad... https://thepointsguy.com/2018/02/bev...-hotel-review/
It really depends upon how much time you want to spend in traffic, vs. saving the $300.

Since I'm local, I've never stayed at either hotel. My parents used to stay at the Beverly Hilton about 30 nights per year, and much preferred it to the Universal Hilton. They were treated very well as Diamonds. Due to geographical considerations which have changed in the past year, they have switched to the Sheraton Universal, which they prefer over the Universal Hilton.

I know that the OP is visiting in November, but for others reading this who may have the same question and will be here during the summer: One thing to keep in mind is that you'll be dealing with Hollywood Bowl traffic every night coming back from the Westside if you stay at the Universal Hilton. You really have to time it right. There are ways around the traffic snarls if you are familiar with the area, but your GPS will likely want to send you right past the Bowl.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
If you care about the hotel itself, you should clearly go for Beverly Hills.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Does anybody have recommendations for a Hilton property in the Orange County area / south LA with:
- solid point redemption value (there are some at 30k per night which is good, I gotta burn points)
- free parking or at least cheap parking
- outdoor pool
- good diamond recognition
- solid breakfast, ideally even a lounge with snacks
? Looking to stay in the area in Feb for 4 days with gf. I know the area well, just no experience with Hilton here. Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: La Quinta Elite IHGSPIRE HH Diamond BW Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by flockavelliFT
Does anybody have recommendations for a Hilton property in the Orange County area / south LA with:
- solid point redemption value (there are some at 30k per night which is good, I gotta burn points)
- free parking or at least cheap parking
- outdoor pool
- good diamond recognition
- solid breakfast, ideally even a lounge with snacks
? Looking to stay in the area in Feb for 4 days with gf. I know the area well, just no experience with Hilton here. Thanks!
How about the Hampton in San Clemente or HGI Foothill Ranch?
flockavelliFT likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.