Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in New Jersey, USA {US-NJ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in New Jersey, USA {US-NJ}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2003, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Macken7:
Will be meeting someone else there and want to be clear what my Hilton options are. Family won't be coming as they have other stuff to do as it turns out.</font>
If you want to stick within the Hilton family, there's also a brand new Hampton Inn in Bordentown, off of exit 57 on 295 (and right off exit 7 on the NJ Turnpike), roughly 20 mins south of Princeton. With traffic, it is much closer than the East Brunswick Hilton. And they upgrade HHonors VIP's to their jacuzzi rooms. It's also less than 20 minutes away from the Six Flags Great Adventure theme park.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL DM UA AA Hilton Starwood
Doubletree Jersey City or Embassy Suites Secaucus?

Do not know a thing about either.
Both seem to be near each other, but how near?
Pros and cons of both. Good views? Free breakfast? Access to and from.
I am open to either one becuase thats the area I need to be in.
Thanks
Old Sep 4, 2003, 8:58 pm

ok i just left dt in jersey city the location is great, breaskfest is bad because of the new 5fifty4 lounge and if you are driving a car be careful because they steal headlights off them also the hotel is guest to alot of young people
Old Sep 6, 2003, 8:30 am

Programs: UA *G
Embassy Suites, I would stay. Even though I don't know the Jersey City Situation.
Check www.tripadvisor.com
Old Nov 14, 2003, 9:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Parsippany, NJ - Choice between Embassy Suites and Hilton

Which would you choose? Does either have High Speed Internet access? if yes what is the fee? how is the dial up service?
Old Nov 14, 2003, 11:04 am

The Hilton is on Route 10, it's not really Parsippany. More like East Whippany. The Embassy Suites is in Parsippany. There's also a nice Hampton in Parsippany that gives free wireless and wired high speed internet.

I think both the Embassy and Hilton have high speed for a fee. Beware the rush-hour traffic on Route 10 by the Hilton!
Old Nov 14, 2003, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have stayed at both properties numerous times over several years. The Embassy Suites offers somewhat nicer rooms, a full breakfast and a "managers reception", though limited to one free drink.

I am certain that the Hilton offers High Ppeed Internet for a fee (probably $10) in every room, less certain about the Embassy Suites. I have experienced dial-up quality as high as 50K in both locations but it is often much lower. Neither property charges for toll free calls,

Given that you are a Diamond, the Hilton offers Denise, the very amiable concierge in the club lounge, which is why I have been opting to spend most of my recent stays there, instead of the Embassy Suites. Evening munchies in the lounge are somewhat variable but are often fairly substantial and I understand that the lounge has been recently renovated.

If you plan to stay over the weekend, please note that the Embassy Suites can be a very hectic environment, often the host of children’s soccer teams, scout troops and psychic fares. The lounge at the Hilton is closed on from Friday evening through Sunday morning but the hotel will provide you with vouchers for a full breakfast buffet.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 7:28 pm

If you are diamond why not stay at the short hills hilton ?? there is no comparision !! This is one of the nicest hilton properties and c lounges I ( as a diamond ) have ever experienced !

scott
Old Nov 14, 2003, 7:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by [email protected]:
If you are diamond why not stay at the short hills hilton ?? there is no comparision !! This is one of the nicest hilton properties and c lounges I ( as a diamond ) have ever experienced !

scott
</font>

Would love to, but we don't get a corporate discount at the Short Hills Hilton and it is spendy compared to our corporate rates at these two properties.
Old Nov 15, 2003, 12:35 pm

Both of these hotels came up a lot last year on Hotwire, and I was able to be in either for less than $75 a night. I was even able to persuade the Hilton to give me Platinum benefits. I found the Hilton difficult to navigate and a bit of a barn, I preferred the ES. Actually, my favorite hotel in the area was the Summerfield Suites on 10 just before the Hilton - great hotel, and was also got through Hotwire
Old Nov 24, 2003, 4:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Here is my review of the two hotels:

Embassy Suites is your basic run of the mill ES. Breakfast was hot and tasty. I didn't get to the managers reception but at check in was given a coupon for each night for one free drink. Room was nicely appointed. Welcome amenity was a bag of chips, a bag of Milano Cookies and two bottled waters. Waters were replaced daily. I was upgraded to an "executive". High Speed internet was $9.95 a day. My only complaint was my room service tray sat outside my room for 2 days which I thought was gross. Room also had a fluffy room and some extra little amenities (bath salts).

Hilton Parsippany- as a diamond was upgraded to the Concierge floor. Room was recently renovated but was large and spacious. HSIA was $10.95 a day. I really liked the concierge lounge. Had great evening snacks and breakfast was your standard continental. Welcome amenity was a huge bag of Lindt truffles.

My rate at the ES was $199 and my rate at the Hilton was $209. My personal choice is for the Hilton.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 5:22 am

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Parsippany on 11/24 and, as a Gold, received a jacuzzi room. The jacuzzi is in the room, not in the bathroom. I received a basket of junk food (Doritos, peanuts, and cookies) and a bottle of water. Otis Spelunker (sp?) cookies were available at check in. (My pants are tighter today) The room was very clean, the staff attentive, and the breakfast similar to other HI properties. I got an $89 rate.

The one thing that bothered me was not about the hotel. It was the way you have to drive there. You can't take a left turn anywhere in the area so, by the time you see the hotel and signal to turn left, you realize that you already missed the "jug handle" to the right where you would go to turn left so, in most cases in that area, stay on the right to turn left.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 2:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I was very disappointed in my stay this week at the Hilton Parsippany. Be aware that the lounge is closed for the holidays. Also I thought the over service was lacking since the hotel was empty.

I realize that this a slow week and that the concierge lounge is closed but sloppiness is never appropriate.
  • No paper at my door Monday morning.
  • Dirty room service items were left outside in the hall for two days.
  • Bed was made with wrong size sheet so I was left basically sleeping on a "naked" mattress
  • No turn down service provided on concierge floor.
  • Ottoman with the chair was missing
  • Maid knocked on door Tuesday morning before 7:30AM even though the paper was still outside the door

[This message has been edited by prncess674 (edited Dec 30, 2003).]
Old Jan 8, 2004, 12:38 am

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
JamesD10: Not driven in Jersey much, have 'ya?
Old Jan 9, 2004, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Which one? Embassy PISCATAWAY,NJ or Hilton EAST BRUNSWICK

HHonors GOLD VIP

Hello:

I will be staying for 3 nights in the Somerset, NJ area on business and trying to choose between EMBASSY STES PISCATAWAY, HILTON EAST BRUNSWICK, NJ.

Any one have positive/negative experience staying at one of these hotels? Thank you for your input.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.