Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Bellevue {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2001, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
Arrow Hilton Bellevue {US-WA}

I have just had a Priceline Europe bid accepted for the Doubletree in Bellevue (300 112th Ave). Having never stayed with Doubletree before what benefits can I expect at this hotel with HHonors Gold level? Would you recommend e-mailing the hotel with my HHonors No. and membership level?

Many thanks.
Old May 23, 2001, 2:03 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

There are 2 Doubletree's about 2 blocks apart and I don't remember which one is the 300 one. I am Diamond and stay (at one of them) about once a month. I usually get an Executive room on the top floor. I have been told they don't have suites. You are pobably ok just showing them your card upon check-in.
Old May 23, 2001, 10:25 pm

The 300 location is quite accommodating; executive level all of the time as a diamond (no matter the rate). The 500 location is a dog to be avoided at all costs.
Old May 24, 2001, 10:22 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally posted by BravoZulu:
The 300 location is quite accommodating; executive level all of the time as a diamond (no matter the rate). The 500 location is a dog to be avoided at all costs.
300 is a very pleasant place to stay, the 500 should be renamed a Travelodge or Motel 6. This is a serious problem regarding Doubletree: serious variation of quality between properties.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop
Old Jul 29, 2002, 6:55 am

Programs: NW/DL/CO/HH/PC
Hilton: Bellevue, Wa?

Any input on hotel? Spouse and I considering 2 night weekend stay in October. (including my 89 year old mother!)

I'm HH Gold. Good chance for upgrades for 2 rooms as long as I have them on one folio?

Wisdom appreciated.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
It's a nice hotel ... maybe a little on the basic side ... but the rooms are spacious and comfortable and very clean.

Since I've been a Diamond, I've always been upgraded to an Executive Floor ... and to tell the truth, I'm not sure there's so much difference between these floors and the others. (If memory serves me right, the top two floors are executive floors, and we're only talking about a 6 or 7 story hotel.) I always stay on AAA rates, which are pretty good.

I've reserved two rooms at least twice and had them both upgraded automatically. They seem to be very good at that.

I believe that I stayed there only once as a Gold and once before becoming Gold (most stays as a Diamond). But I do seem to recall being upgraded when I was a Gold as well.

There is no Executive lounge ... they do give you coupons for breakfast at the adjoining restaurant, as well as two free drinks in the evening. But to tell you the truth, despite 6 or 7 separate stays (including one for a week), I never ventured there as I'm not much of a breakfast person and ventured elsewhere for dinnner/drinks.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 9:01 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, Alaska MVPG100K, Marriott Titanium Elite
AS Hilton properties go this is pretty plain. Nice view of the busy freeway but not much else ot look at. One nice thing is that it is close to shopping and such, about a mile but probably not something you would want to walk with an 89 year old person.

Good luck
charlie
Old Jul 29, 2002, 10:58 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Otto-

I stayed at this hotel in May over Memorial Day weekend. As a Gold, I was upgraded to the HHonors floor and provided with coupons to use for drinks and breakfast at the lounge/restaurant attached to the hotel.

While the hotel is conveniently located to the highway, it is a little rundown and in need of renovation. Everything was functional in the room, but the overall appearance could be much better. The DT next door probably fits in the same boat as well.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Skippthelizard has it right on the "nose". I stay there every month or so. Great staff! If you stay here try to get rooms that are on the parking lot side, not the freeway side.

As far as Double Trees go. The Bellevue Double Tree (a few blocks south) is a great hotel with an executive lounge and all the amenities of a big hotel.

The Bellevue Center Double Tree (a few blocks north) is a dump! Exterior corridors, slightly below a Holiday Inn.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 10:29 am

Programs: NW/DL/CO/HH/PC
Thanks to all---Booked the Hilton.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 4:13 pm

Programs: No status anywhere :(
I realize it is sort of sacreligious to be saying so here in the Hilton forum, but the Hyatt in Bellevue is way nicer--it is a newer, more modern facility and instead of being off by the freeway, it is right in the midst of all the "culture" Bellevue has to offer.

------------------
Jon Wright
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
Old Jul 30, 2002, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres
I stay at this Hilton at least twice a month and the description is right on...I would consider the Doubletree that was described or the Hyatt...the Hyatt has better rates sometimes than the Hilton and it is really nice. I have stayed there for $99 a night...look on expedia.
Old Aug 4, 2002, 5:38 pm

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
Doubletree Belleview, WA

Has anyone stayed at the Doubletree Hotel in Belleview, WA? I just booked a 4 day award stay there for my family.

Is the staff accommodating to Diamonds? How is the place in general?

Also if anyone has any ideas for tours or boat rides for a 12 year old girl?

Thanks
Old Aug 4, 2002, 5:59 pm

Hi Art, I hope you are staying at the Doubletree Hotel Bellevue and not the Doubletree Hotel Bellevue Center. The 2 hotels are about 5 blocks are so apart and the Center location is a real dive. Both are close to the freeway, but the Center location looks like a run down Travelodge!

If you are at 300 112th Avenue SE, you will enjoy it I think. I've never stayed there but visited friends. Typical atrium style hotel. Not sure about the Diamond treatment. If you have time I'd recommend a boat ride in Downtown Seattle at the piers. Tours are run by Argosy and can last a couple hours. Great tours and only about 20-30 mins from your hotel. Good luck
Old Jul 13, 2003, 6:08 pm

Driving past it today I noticed that the Doubletree city center has the big Doubletree signs stripped off it (leaving only the word "hotel" on it). It is still accepting reservations from the Hilton website but I guess it will not be a Doubletree for long.

From my stay there a few months ago I figured it is in the making as this is not more than a motel with a full service restaurant. A Hampton inn is an upgrade compared to this hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.