Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Antwerp {BEL}

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 12:00 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by Pjh104
Upgraded to two room suite, but the downside has been the blasted keys. Won't work the lifts, and the silver exec lounge one had to be reset.
So how do you manage to get to your floor? You have to wait until someone else shows up?

Last edited by Sisosig; Aug 5, 2017 at 4:19 am
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:35 am

Programs: AA Gold (1mm) , Hilton Diamond, Aer Lingus Newbie
The keys are a perennial problem in this hotel, especially the exec lounge key (no, I don't keep them next to my phone or in my wallet).

I can understand the security needs but the elevator access by card swipe is a pain - it's always a race to get the key recognized before the elevator takes off to service another call. It's especially fun when there are several people in the elevator and everyone is jockeying to get their key in . A tap sensor would make more sense, but I guess that would be costly to install.

Still a great hotel though. They are especially good at granting very early check-in (say 10:30). After arriving from the states on a red eye this is a great amenity. In around 20 stays I never got anything better (or worse) than an exec floor room, but then it's all about availability at 10:30am so I can't complain.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Sisosig
So how do manage to get to your floor? You have to wait until someone else shows up?
If no one else arrives and you're on the ground floor you have to go back to reception and get the keys reset. If you're going upwards between floors (say 3 to 5 as we were) then eventually the lift will call time and take you to the ground floor. If you're going downwards you don't need the key.

Not the only hotel I've had the non working Exec Lounge key challenge. A wee bit vexing at the Hilton Deansgate where it usually means a 46 floor round trip.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
BUMP - I'm here tomorrow night, any tips or suggestions?....not stayed before.
Arriving late lunchtime, booked king guest and preupgraded to king executive, have done OLCI to what appears to be a room on the back , floor 5......will report back!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
A fine hotel in a prime location Wizla. You will enjoy. If you are looking for something to do the Paul Reubens house is a 5 minute walk, worth a couple of hours. Few good pubs along the way too.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: IHG Spire HHonors Diamond CC Gold
Wizla,
We stayed here for a few nights in March.
Don't know how long you are in Antwerp but I would agree that Rubens House is worth a visit.
It may sound a bit touristy but various city sightseeing tours depart close to the hotel (last about an hour) and will give you more of an idea about which things to look at.
Also, the impressive cathedral is only a few minutes walk from the hotel.
There are numerous bars and restaurants in the immediate area around the hotel and market square...the hotel, as noted above, is in the centre of the action.

Can't remember the hours for the exec lounge drinks, fizz was cava rather than prosecco when we stayed and it was never crowded, but that was low season, I suppose.
Pleasant outdoor terrace adjacent to the exec lounge if the weather is good.

Really enjoyed Antwerp, a lively and vibrant feel to the place.
If you are arriving by train, the central station is well worth a second look, impressive building.
Hope you enjoy your trip !
Old Aug 5, 2017, 9:50 am

Thanks guys, I plan to do as much as I can as I'm here until tomorrow late afternoon, then off to Hilton Brussels city.

Arrived at 2pm, very old style hotel but charming too....girl on reception was extremely helpful in showing us a map and pointed out places of interest.......upgrade to king exec from king guest room.....room is fairly large. Everything is kinda old but in good condition, bathroom a little small but has separate shower from bath, yeah it's all good.
Went for a walk around the square and the shopping street behind the hotel...great vibe here !...now back to have bath and pop to lounge for a few beers, talking of beers, when came back I found staff had put a beer and some chocs in my room, also a large bottle of water and a note from management saying " with compliments "...... nice touch that!.
It's a strange kinda Hilton but in a good way!....now gonna drink this bottle of beer in the bath.....will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Aug 5, 2017 at 9:52 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:56 am

Now in lounge, half full and a relaxed vibe in here, will go out onto the terrace when my lady arrives ( she's in the room putting make up on, you guys know the drill ) , lounge a fair size but I wouldn't say huge.

CANAPÉS- one hot offering of spicy sausages and a cheeseboard, a few olives.....that's it!....very poor offering.

BEER - Stella and a Belgium beer ( De koninck)

SPIRITS - none

WINE - rose and cava ( no red )

Bit disappointed with the canapés, not too bothered as we are dining in the square later but some breads or crackers to go with the cheeseboard would have been good, never mind....will report Back.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Now in lounge, half full and a relaxed vibe in here, will go out onto the terrace when my lady arrives ( she's in the room putting make up on, you guys know the drill ) , lounge a fair size but I wouldn't say huge.

CANAPÉS- one hot offering of spicy sausages and a cheeseboard, a few olives.....that's it!....very poor offering.

BEER - Stella and a Belgium beer ( De koninck)

SPIRITS - none

WINE - rose and cava ( no red )

Bit disappointed with the canapés, not too bothered as we are dining in the square later but some breads or crackers to go with the cheeseboard would have been good, never mind....will report Back.
Well I've got to say food wise this has got to be the worst executive lounge I've visited......rubbish canapés, now just a pile of crumbled Stilton cheese, I went to get another beer and overheard somebody complaining......the kitchen is to busy to service the lounge, the lounge dragon hissed....very rude.
Think it's time to bail to the square......it's suddenly become an unpleasant place to be, shame.....oh and terrace is way to windy.....will report back!
Old Aug 5, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
BEER - Stella and another Belgium beer ( De koninck)
Fixed that for you

Hopefully Brussels City has picked up its game from when I was there last 4-5 years ago.

Last edited by pauleeepaul; Aug 5, 2017 at 12:03 pm
Old Aug 5, 2017, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Fixed that for you

Hopefully Brussels City has picked up its game from when I was there last 4-5 years ago.
Having been to the Brussels City about 3 months ago, unfortunately there's no pick up. We chose to stay there over Antwerp when going to the Ronde van Vlannderen - had to drive regardless, and it was going to be easier to get out of Brussels. In the end, it was a wash, neither hotel looked solid.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:39 am

Yeah I'm not expecting great from Hilton Brussels city from the reviews but onto the grand place next night.

Walked into the square and found this amazing Italian restaurant, it's literally on the corner by the church opposite hotel, great lasagne!
Returned around 10 pm as we are both very tired, slept very well bed super comfy......up 7am and grabbed a coffee from lounge en route to gym, I noticed the coffee is weak in this lounge and requires an extra shot of espresso if you like your coffee stronger....lounge was empty but breakfast selection looked good!
Gym on 1st floor but above car park ( turn left at reception desks ) , fair size and looks out into square, two of everything ( treadmill, cross trainers, etc ) , pullys and medicine balls.,,,also some free weights up to 22kg.
Grabbed another coffee on my return for my lady who's now up, lounge still empty!
Today's plan is after breakfast to try for a 2pm check out to give time for a walk down to the river, I've heard it's nice.....then onto Brussels for a couple of days @ the two Hilton's there.......will report back!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:52 am

had a wander down to riverside, its pleasant but not outstanding. However the little cafe bar so on the way are great, so many different types of beer available, it's a little early for me but i had to sample the hoogarden rose, very nice!.
Now about to pack and check out, my 2pm late check out was granted and appreciated to have one last look around this great place.......will report back!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:06 am

Checked out 1-30pm, ordered taxi to central station and it came in
Around 15 mins , swift and friendly check out, mentioned the poor lounge offerings but also made it clear that I felt looked after and was happy.

CONCLUSION- I liked it, I also liked Antwerp.....the hotel is a little different from the normal but in a good way, as I said except the poor lounge offerings it was very good and I felt looked after, forgot to mention breakfast!...it was amazing and very tasty with great service!...white sausages in apple and onion.....I liked it! Huge selection, hot plates!!! and great service, one of the best Hilton breakfasts I've had.
Happy to recommend and would return!

ROOM NO - 582

NEXT STAY - Hilton Brussels city ( I'm here now )
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:54 am
Suspended

dont miss

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._Province.html

cant speak about the food (we didnt eat) but the beer was good and the atmosphere cant be beat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.