Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton New York City - Times Square {US-NY} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton New York City - Times Square {US-NY} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat
Thank you for the quick and awesome responses. My stay begins a week from today. I promise to provide full details as to my success at breakfast ... and to the rest of our stay at this property.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I wondered if anyone knew what their approach was if multiple status guests? Have a stay in a few months, will be 3 adults in the room, with 1 Diamond and 1 Gold - would 3 breakfasts be provided in that situation??
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
I wondered if anyone knew what their approach was if multiple status guests? Have a stay in a few months, will be 3 adults in the room, with 1 Diamond and 1 Gold - would 3 breakfasts be provided in that situation??
If all three of you are in the same room, it will be 2 breakfasts. I would recomend you use the diamonds HH number, I can't remember this past new years, but the new years before Gold was only getting the continental buffet and they were giving the full breakfast buffet to diamonds.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
If all three of you are in the same room, it will be 2 breakfasts. I would recomend you use the diamonds HH number, I can't remember this past new years, but the new years before Gold was only getting the continental buffet and they were giving the full breakfast buffet to diamonds.
Also my experience last summer.
IIRC there is a sign in the restaurant entrance specifying the free b/fast types for HHG and HHD.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by more4less
Also my experience last summer.
IIRC there is a sign in the restaurant entrance specifying the free b/fast types for HHG and HHD.
OK, thanks folks - good to know this in advance!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
OK, thanks folks - good to know this in advance!
And the policy isn't just at this property. At ANY Hilton you get only two free breakfasts per ROOM (providing the REGISTERED guest is a HH-G or HH-D), regardless of the status of the others staying in the room.

There have been reports of people getting their kids comped at properties or having three or four adults in a room at various properties and getting them comped (I have gotten 1 or 2 other adults comped at some properties but at this property and the LVH it won't work) but I wouldn't depend on it.

IMO giving Diamonds the full buffet instead of the continental is a nice way to recognize diamond members (especially at that price) so I am not going to complain that they won't comp more than 2 people since they are already giving us a nice benefit with the full buffet.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:12 am

And the policy isn't just at this property. At ANY Hilton you get only two free breakfasts per ROOM (providing the REGISTERED guest is a HH-G or HH-D), regardless of the status of the others staying in the room.

There have been reports of people getting their kids comped at properties or having three or four adults in a room at various properties and getting them comped (I have gotten 1 or 2 other adults comped at some properties but at this property and the LVH it won't work) but I wouldn't depend on it.

IMO giving Diamonds the full buffet instead of the continental is a nice way to recognize diamond members (especially at that price) so I am not going to complain that they won't comp more than 2 people since they are already giving us a nice benefit with the full buffet.
The question only arose because of the suite setup - at other hotels we're booking two rooms (one as Diamond, one as Gold), thus it won't be an issue
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:49 am

Anyone know how i can get a better rate on this hotel all i have is HH gold status which cant do much but looking to try find a better rate than the paying in advance rate.

any help, tips... thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:17 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by strat
Anyone know how i can get a better rate on this hotel all i have is HH gold status which cant do much but looking to try find a better rate than the paying in advance rate.

The only code I have been able to get cheaper so far has been AAA booked well in advance. MVP may work closer to check-in date.
Great hotel though and worth the extra IMHO
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:20 am

Hey princess, Going from Melbourne to NY in july what are the chances of them asking for the AAA card?

have you booked using AAA?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:04 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Hey princess, Going from Melbourne to NY in july what are the chances of them asking for the AAA card?

have you booked using AAA?
You can use your RACQ, NRMA or whatever the Victorian Auto Club is called ops: number. They have reciprocal AAA savings.
Put in 4387771234567890 in as the 16 digit AAA number on the booking page

And yes I have used it many times over
Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:12 am

Yes, i totally forgot about my RACV membership i was just about to update this post to mention it.

Will need to remember this when i try book other stuff for our stay in July! ^

Now i cant seem to see any advance payment option for DB NY.. is it available at this hotel?

On the weekend i had to call reservations for another hilton hotel that was not showing the advance payment and had them do it over the phone as it was not available via the website.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold

Have you checked their Facebook rate? Just go onto their Facebook-site, and press the "reservation" button on the left.

For the nights I have booked at this hotel in June, I can now find Facebook rate for 307 USD per night for the cheapes suite, while the Best Available Rate is 349. The AAA rate that was recommended here, is 314 for the same nights.

http://www.facebook.com/DTTimesSquare
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by martinfoss
Have you checked their Facebook rate? Just go onto their Facebook-site, and press the "reservation" button on the left.

For the nights I have booked at this hotel in June, I can now find Facebook rate for 307 USD per night for the cheapes suite, while the Best Available Rate is 349. The AAA rate that was recommended here, is 314 for the same nights.

http://www.facebook.com/DTTimesSquare
thanks didn't know about that one.. but says for my july 23rd to Aug 3rd dates are unavailable and the most of July... mid June seems like it lets you use it...

Will keep looking..
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:20 am

Just stayed at this hotel. I am a gold member and i was SHOCKED how big my room was. I payed $189 a night under my corporate rate. I think they upgraded me, not sure to what but the living room was big/spacious, and my room was of decent size. PLUS the bathroom is quite large. (this is in all relation to what i paid and to other NYC hotels i have stayed at.)

breakfast was pretty good too. Expensive if you don't get it free as a gold member ($30 if i recall correctly)

One disappointment was my dang iron. Started using it and didn't notice this black residue someone had melted on it. Left a nice black stain on my dress shirt. I ended up getting the iron replaced and used an extra dress shirt i had. Let's see if the dry cleaner can remove the stain

I would def stay here again, the size/price paid was awesome

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.