Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

MyPoints and Hilton Honors: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MyPoints and Hilton Honors: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2004, 10:44 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My husband can transfer to our mutual account with my name first, but my dad (different last names) cannot.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 10:47 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Bkniaz
FWIW, my wife transfers my points from her account to our mutual fund acct. The mutual fund acct has my name first. So, it may work.
Which mutual fund can you transfer MyPoints to?
Old Nov 21, 2004, 10:48 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lolosmama
Which mutual fund can you transfer MyPoints to?
A mutual fund is what Hilton calls a joint account.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 10:49 am

That was probably the dumbest question ever asked on a FlyerTalk Forum! Sorry!
Old Nov 21, 2004, 10:55 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
That was probably the dumbest question ever asked on a FlyerTalk Forum! Sorry!
As my mentor used to say, there are no dumb questions, only dumb people asking questions.

Old Nov 21, 2004, 1:01 pm

Does anyone know if I can transfer points from my MyPoints account to my husband's HHonors account? Our last names are the same, but would the difference in first names cause a problem? Has anyone had any experience doing this?
My wife recently tried to transfer MyPoints into my account (we never set up a Mutual Fund account before they discontinued it) and she was told that they were unable to do it, because the names didn't match.

Our last names are different, but the wording from MyPoints suggested that it was because the accounts belonged to completely different people.

Mike
Old Nov 21, 2004, 1:06 pm

I just received an email from HHonors notifying me that they no longer offer joint accounts. I asked in reply whether I can transfer from my MyPoints to his HHonors account. We'll see what they reply. Thanks for eveyone's input.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 1:14 pm

Just received a reply from HHonors. Boy are they quick! "No points can be transferred from one account to another without having the same first & last name on both accounts."
Old Nov 21, 2004, 10:55 pm

It sounds as though Hilton might be confused thinking you are transfering from one HHonors account to another (ie. MyPOints versus My Points). I tried transfering from my another MyPoints account and it went through; however, the second time I did it MyPoints.com would not allow it and credited by the account.

Good Luck! Peace!
Old Nov 22, 2004, 9:10 am

I don't understand what you're saying. Sorry.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 8:02 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
This will work ....

This works as I have done it several times to transfer MyPoints to my daughters' accounts (and both are married so they have a different first and last name).

Change the name on your MyPoints account to match the Hilton account.

Then transfer the points.

Than, after the points have posted into the Hilton account, change the name on your MyPoints account back to normal.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 9:07 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Gold Passport Diamond, Starwood Gold, Leaders Club
Yes, you can

Yes, you can. I have transfered points from my wife's MyPoints account to my HHonors account several times.

Does anyone know if I can transfer points from my MyPoints account to my husband's HHonors account? Our last names are the same, but would the difference in first names cause a problem? Has anyone had any experience doing this?
Old Nov 23, 2004, 2:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
I am battling with MyPoints over the same issue. After changing the 1st name for about 2 years, they disabled both of our accounts for doing this. I have faxed in our passports, but they still say we are in violation of their TOS and think I have more than 1 account. Check the spam board for more on the ongoing dispute
JudyJFLA

Originally Posted by jgxtrav1
This works as I have done it several times to transfer MyPoints to my daughters' accounts (and both are married so they have a different first and last name).

Change the name on your MyPoints account to match the Hilton account.

Then transfer the points.

Than, after the points have posted into the Hilton account, change the name on your MyPoints account back to normal.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 8:54 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, HGVC, AA, UA
Just received a reply from HHonors. Boy are they quick! "No points can be transferred from one account to another without having the same first & last name on both accounts."
Tried to transfer from my better halfs MyPoints to my HHonors a couple weeks ago and got the same reply.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 2:01 pm

Mypoints & Hilton Question

Hi, I know that some people said that you can redeem E-rewards in one name and get Hilton points in another name. Is this also true with mypoints redemption? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.