Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Ireland {IRL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Ireland {IRL}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2004, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MIKESILV:
Breakfast for two assuming they give you the full is going to set you back about 50 euro per day, if you had to pay for it. So on this award the additional 400k = about 350 euro in value.
[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited Jan 31, 2004).]
</font>
Note that one dinner (for 2, I presume) is also included. Depending on what is included in the "free" dinner and whether dinners are good there, perhaps that would make up the difference in the # of points??
Old Feb 2, 2004, 6:25 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
With all due respect Jassy, NO dinner is worth 400,000 Hilton Honor Points!! I don't care if the Queen served it to us or what the menu consisted of!!!!!!!!!

Plus, as stated above, we are talking about 550,000 for FOUR nights as opposed to 150,000 for six nights. As the posters already stated, breakfast is already included.

Dawn
Old Feb 2, 2004, 1:43 pm

FWIW, the topic of Vacation Rewards vs. VIP-only rewards has been extensively covered in these prior threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ft...ML/001581.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ft...ML/002024.html
Old Mar 3, 2004, 8:35 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Any recent experiences here? I am particularly interested on feedback on the Rose Cottages. From looking at the Mt. Juliet web site, it appears that the Rose Cottages are all suites and the most costly of any of the rooms, even more than those in the main house. How far are these from the main house and Kendalls? Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 4:40 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Dear Wahoo:

Thank you for a great trip report. We did a similar trip last year (Conrad Dublin and London Park Lane).

We LOVED Ireland and I can't wait to go back. This time we'll stay at Mt. Juliet. I had to laugh when I read your sentence about the service in the restaurant at the Conrad Dublin. No kidding, huh? Wasn't that the absolute worst service ever? We thought so too. Also, they would always bring any condiments WELL AFTER they served the food...it become kind of funny after awhile because it was so predictable.

We did get a nice room with a pretty cool view of the Dublin Concert Hall across the street (we saw Camelot on our first night). We had a really nice two room suite and some of the bed bedding EVER. (Worst bedding EVER at the Park Lane. They were having their 40 year anniversary while we were there and we were convinced that we had the original pillows and bed!)

The Conrad Dublin did have a nice gym but I chose to run in the park...that was pretty cool (we were there for 7 days).

Anyway, thanks for the report...can't wait to go toi Mt. Juliet!!

Dawn

Old Mar 3, 2004, 6:37 pm
In Memoriam

Interesting how timing must be everything. I just completed a 6-night stay at the Conrad Dublin (Feb 11-17) and had opposite experiences. From the minute we stepped out of our taxi we had to fight off people wanting to help with our bags. I was given 14 breakfast coupons without asking with a "Sorry, we don't have an upgrade for you" as well. Service at breakfast each morning was excellent and what a buffet especially for free rather than E22 per person!

I'd like to throw in a comment about the Belfast Hilton also where we had some of the best service ever throughout our 3-night stay and were given lounge access without even asking.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 4:37 am

Location: Europe - LH Sen; BA Silver; US SPref; *wd Plat, Hilton Gld
I have a GLON stay at the Mt. Juliet for March -

what´s your view on this offer:

preupgrade for 120 per night.

I guess the Garden View rooms are rather small, and I´ll be with wife and kid (2yrs).

[This message has been edited by NorthernAtlanticRacer (edited Mar 04, 2004).]
Old Mar 4, 2004, 9:47 am

As for the upgrade for 120 euros, I would definitely ask what type of upgrade that would guarantee you. It sounds like a lot for an upgrade to the main house - but if it gets you an upgrade into the Rose Lodges, which are more like apartments with living rooms and kitchens, then it may be worth if if you're going to be there for an extended time.

The garden view rooms, which I believe are the Hunter's Yards rooms, are on the smaller side, especially with a child. But, if you are HHonors Gold or Diamond, I would email the hotel prior to your trip and request an upgrade based on your status. I don't believe it will be all that crowded during the time you plan to go - and they should be able to accomodate your requests. I emailed the hotel prior to our trip and they were more than responsive and helpful!
Old May 21, 2004, 11:08 pm

Programs: Former Delta MM/PM, NW PM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5Star, Leaders Club, Starwood Gold
Question Has anyone stayed at the Mt. Juliet Conrad and Dublin Hilton in Ireland?

We're heading to Ireland in June, and want to stay at the Conrad Mt. Juliet a few nights--probably using HHonors points for one night. Can anyone tell us good or bad reports?

Also, I faxed twice to the Dublin Hilton reservation department for rates, (letting them know my Diamond status) and they didn't even give me the professional courtesy of an email or fax reply. Is this indicative of their customer service? If so, I'm not sure I really want to stay there, especially at their high rates. Any reports, good or bad?

Last month, for the dates we wanted: 2 rooms June 24-30--they had listed on Hilton.com an advance payment rate of $131 per room per night (net rate). Now, there is only one rate of Euro 223? Help anyone? Thanks!
Old May 22, 2004, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, HH Diamond
Music Man,

We stayed at the Mt. Juliet on a GLON award April 27 - May 3. It was FABULOUS. When we checked in there was a bottle of wine and a box of very good chocolated in our room. Our room was in the main house. Our room was #8 - Viscount Ikerrien, our friends were in room #6 - Lady Margaret. The rooms in the main house all have names. Other than colors being different, our room was just like our friends and all the ones that we looked into while houskeeping had the door open. We didn't play a round of golf, but did go out on the driving range and we played the putting course (it was quite a challenge). We did clay target shooting twice and it was a blast -literally The indoor pool and fitness center were very nice and we used them daily. The girls had spa treatments, and again it was a great facility and we enjoyed our treatments. Across the board, the staff at Mt. Juliet was incredibly attentive.

We had dinner at Kendals on 3 nights - we all thought it was very good. We had dinner in town at a restaurant called Hudson's on 2 nights and it was on par with Kendals. If you don't have a car, you can arrange for the hotel to drop you off and pick you up. We didn't know this and paid for a cab the first time we went. Our bill for 4 of the nights (2 @Kendals and 2@ Hudson's) was about US$140 including the wine and tip. WE had lunch at the Presidents Bar on 4 days. The food was excellent and service was generally good. We had breakfast in Kendals 4 times and it was great. We had breakfast 2 times at Lady Helen's in the main house and I would not recommend it. In fact the food at Lady Helen's was the only disapointment we had at Mt. Juliet.

We did 2 day trips (1) to Kilkinney and (2) to Waterford. We had a car take us to Kilkenney and rode the train to Waterford. Kilkenney was great. We toured the castle and walked around to several different abbey/cathedral/churches. We spent the whole day there and I would recommend it. I wasn't impressed with Waterford but I guess the crystal factory is something you have to do if you go to Ireland.

If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me. I'm headed out of town for the weekend but I will reply when I get back.
Old May 23, 2004, 3:31 pm

Smile Yes, Mt. Juliet is fabulous!

The Conrad Mt. Juliet is indeed a fabulous place to stay. The main house is very formal. Last October we used an award stay for 3 nights and were put in one of the outlying buildings (converted from horse stables) and were very comfortable. Kendals restaurant has excellent food, and the adjacent bar has nice lunches and a good view of the golf course. There are tons of activities available. Tennis, bike riding, horseback riding, and wonderful walking paths. There are wonderful sightseeing opportunities within a few minutes of the hotel. The service may seem a bit stiff at first, but overall the staff are very nice and responsive to requests. The indoor swimming pool is one of the best I've ever used. My wife had a treatment at the spa and said it was fine but nothing outstanding. Enjoy your trip!!
Old May 23, 2004, 11:02 pm

Programs: Alaska, Hilton, American
Conrad Dublin by St. Stephens Green

Stayed there for three nights last summer, found the staff to be quite couretous and the hotel itself nice. Fairly modern rooms, SOFT beds, and the in room stereo systems a nice touch. The location is a bit of the walk from the rest of Downtown Dublin and the nightlife scene at Temple Bar , and the shopping at Grosvenor Street.
Old May 24, 2004, 7:11 am

Programs: UA PremExec,AAmm,*wood Plat, Hilt DVIP
We stayed last year using GLONP and had great visit. Room was in main house upstairs overlooking entry courtyard. Was very comfortable and quiet with exception of one night where they had reception for party in courtyard.

Other amenities included free use of bikes, rode for 4 hours on roads and trails and never the left property. Workout room was good. We thought food all over Ireland was average and expensive.

As DVIP, breakfast was included every day and was good. Room was not an upgrade. Enjoy! We would do it again.

Stayed at Westin in Dublin and had great stay as well.
Old May 24, 2004, 7:47 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hello MusicMan , welcome to Flyertalk.

Just FYI, there is a search function that will allow you to view other valuable threads on the properties in question.

Enjoy, I wrote up the Hilton Dublin,

Willie
Old May 24, 2004, 9:13 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I stayed at the Dublin Hilton for 1 night once during a long weekend (in the UK) towards the end of summer last year. The hotel was full, but my friend and I (sharing a room) were still accomodated in a "better" room. I couldn't tell you how much better, but I did like the room. There isn't really anything exceptional about this hotel but in no way is it bad either. Dublin is a relatively small place, so the hotel isn't too far from the sights, pubs, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.