Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Points Posting Problems: Points Missing, Delayed or Not Posting" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Points Posting Problems: Points Missing, Delayed or Not Posting" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2006, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
I cHHated with the Diamond Rep

I had the same thing happen to me over Thanksgiving - gave the Diamond Desk a call last month and got it resolved. Today, I had the same problem for my stay ending 12/30, so I decided to do the cHHat now option available to Diamonds on the website. The agent indicated that month end processing is occurring and that a batch update should occur today or tomorrow and to wait for the update to proceed for the points and miles to post.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat (1MM)/HH Dia/DL Sil/SPG Gld/HERTZ 5*/MR Sil
Thumbs up Misssing Stay Update

I had a stay in late November to early December that did not credit. I figured it was lost. I followed the advice and contacted the Diamond Desk via CChat and guess what? The stay will be updated by tomorrow. Here is the text from the Diamond Desk:

I apologize for any inconvenience. The stay was incorrectly categorized as an ineligible stay. I have updated the stay and credited should appear after today Central Standard Time.

This site rocks!!!!!!!
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Same thing happened with a stay on December 28-30 that I just had. Stay and night credits posted, but zero points. I'm going to wait it out a week or so before calling. It was an award stay with about $15 of incidentals on the bill, so it's not a lot of points but I will contact Hilton if the points don't post within a week or two.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 5:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond, NWA
Stays the 12/28 and 12/29 posted, with no points yet. I'm not going to worry about it or call for a week or more. This was happening a lot at the end of November too, but points finally posted a few days after the stays did - maybe it's going to be a usual thing for end of the month stays
Old Jan 3, 2006, 8:05 am

Programs: Whole Lot of Nothin' anymore - Thanks to baby!
my missing points on my two stays of 29 and 30 posted this morning around 1am pst.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 11:56 am
SST

Even more curiously, I got several thousand points posted for the stay on 12/30, but still nothing for 12/29.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I had a stay on 12-29 that posted with 0 points too but this afternoon all is well, I got full credit, and without having to call Hhonors desk ^
Must have ben a glitch or delay in the computer system.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat (1MM)/HH Dia/DL Sil/SPG Gld/HERTZ 5*/MR Sil
Update

Originally Posted by Dudesdad
I had a stay in late November to early December that did not credit. I figured it was lost. I followed the advice and contacted the Diamond Desk via cHHhat and guess what? The stay will be updated by tomorrow. ................
Checked today and the points had posted. They even posted the Double Dip airline miles.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:12 am

Yep had the same issue.

It's been resolved today some time though.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 10:28 am

Programs: American EXP, Hilton Diamond
odd...mine posted just fine
Old Jan 4, 2006, 10:26 pm
SST

All mine finally posted, too.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Missing Amex Cobrand Booking Bonus?

My last four stays have required calling the Diamond Desk to get credit for these points. I always pay and book with my Amex, but for some reason they have changed the method of payment to "cash" in the stay details. Fortunately the online folios show payment with an Amex. One poor fool at the Diamond Desk insisted I would have to fax in the receipts to get credit, even though they can be viewed online! Fortunately I knew to call back and get someone who was more helpful.

Has anyone else encountered this recently?
Old Mar 25, 2006, 5:27 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
If you do a quick search, there is an active thread regarding this topic.
Old May 15, 2006, 6:46 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Missing points

Has anyone run into this situation? I made an award reservation for 1 night at 25,000 points. When I reviewed it, I realized I made a mistake on it (1 person instead of 2). So not wanting to lose the day, I made a new award reservation with the proper info. Once I made sure that one posted, I cancelled the old reservation (25,000 points) a few hours later.

When I checked my account balance today, I had a NEGATIVE balance. Not only were the points from the cancelled award not redeposited, addtional points had been deducted.

I spoke to a CS agent and explained that my points were missing. She redeposited my cancelled points but didn't do anything about the additional missing points. I told her I did a ZERO exchange (25000 out, 25000 back in) so the total points should not have changed compared to before the transactions.
I explained the situation to a supervisor, pointing out that it is impossible to have a NEGATIVE balance since the system will not allow a certificate to be issued without sufficient points. Therefore I had to have more than 25,000 points before the award was issued. She agreed but didn't do anything only "investigate".

I have a print out of the proper point total. Now what?

Last edited by travelinfoo; May 16, 2006 at 8:17 am
Old May 15, 2006, 10:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Wait until the Supervisor finishes their investigation and gets back to you.
If you don't hear anything in 4-5 business days then I would contact them again. Hopefully you have names of who you spoke with as that may be helpful to deal with the same people.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.