Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How long should it take to get a Diamond card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long should it take to get a Diamond card?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2003, 4:06 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
It should show up on HiltonHHonors.com as soon as the points post. The hotels will see your real status in the computer so the card is not really important, aside from giving you the number for the Diamond Desk.

I think it took a month or so. I really don't remember.
Old Mar 29, 2003, 3:17 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Bump.

------------------
Old Mar 29, 2003, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Instead of bumping this to the top 3 times kevino, why don't you just call Hilton or ask adam burke?? Or Email:

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by mikey1003 (edited 03-29-2003).]
Old Mar 29, 2003, 11:19 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I haven't received mine. My current card expires 04/03 so I still got a month before it's technically 'expired'.
Old Mar 29, 2003, 11:32 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I called and the svc. center said computers are down... Call back Monday.
Old Apr 2, 2003, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I have called several times and they always say it is in the mail. So, while I'm trying to be patient, I think it's good to know everyone else's status to gauge whether mine (and others)could be lost or not.

------------------
Old Apr 3, 2003, 5:16 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Got a diamond card in the mail today good to 2005. Was expecting Gold, so not at all disappointed.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
Got mine today after a "polite" email request. It was sent FedEx. Nice touch but they should of saved the money and sent it USPS.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 5:36 pm

I got mine last week and threw the envelope away without opening it. Mrs. Tex found it in the trash and opened it. I looked at my old one and it had a 2002 expiration date.

It seems that I must have done the same thing last year. Point of fact, I've only shown it once in the last three years and that was at the Las Vegas Hilton last month.

I wonder if the guy at the continental breakfast stand thought I was pulling a fast one with an "expired card"?

By the way, the continental breakfast was forgetable. I've had better at any Hampton.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 10:53 pm

Still don't have mine yet.

Mrs. Tex did you a favor. You never know when you may need it. I don't usually have to show mine either, but did recently because I was using an award stay at the Conrad Singapore. I asked if upgrades were available. They didn't know I was a Diamond because it didn't say it on my award certificate and reservations had not entered it. So, in that situation it came in very handy since I got a room upgrade and entrance to their wonderful lounge.
Old Apr 11, 2003, 11:17 pm

I gave up wainting! I called the Diamond Desk and they couldn't tell me when my card was sent. (I requalified in September.) So, they said they would send me another card. I need it for my next trip in May to Singapore using an award. They'll probably forget to send one for my wife too.
Old Apr 13, 2003, 9:46 am
Suspended

Location: Chicago, IL - UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
How long to get Diamond Card

Hi -

My 60th night will be Tuesday night! Whoo! I went gungho and already updated my profile on here, but I am curious on two things (and did a search and couldn't find them):

1 - How long until I recieve a new diamond card to replace the gold one?

2 - Do my existing reservations need to be "updated" somehow to reflect my new status, or is it automatic?

Thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2003, 8:15 pm

Hi Hayesa,

Re: question #2, you should automatically be noted as Diamond now. Check by logging into the website or calling the automated line.

Re: question #1, you should call Hilton and ask how long it will take. If you're not satisfied with the answer, request a card, especially if you think you might need it.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 4:50 pm

Has Anyone Not Received Their New Diamond Card?

I haven't received mine yet. I qualified in December 2004 and my current card expires this month. I called the Diamond desk and they said that all the cards are being sent in April. I said I thought many people had gotten theirs earlier.

Then we started talking about rolling tier and how I need 2 more stays to be eligible for Diamond to expire in 2007. I said I already "requalified" based on my stays this month, so I think I'm good till 2007 anyway. She put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back to say she thinks I'm only qualified till April 2006. I tell her that's because her chart is prompting her to think I need 2 more stays next month to requalify. She asks to put me on hold again, but I tell her nevermind because no matter what a supervisor thinks she knows about how rolling tier should work, what really matters is how the computer is programed!
Old Apr 20, 2005, 5:06 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I received a Gold card. I called Hilton and they immediately said it was a mistake and that my Diamond card would arrive prior to the end of the month (when my current card expires).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.