Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Malaysia {MYS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Malaysia {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Very few properties now available at this rate, conrad sg points stay is equal to 10 free stays here..i choose that anytime.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Why would you pay 8k points for a room when the rate is around MYR 100++?
Never said I would. Just posting a data point related to the situation in KL, where DT has gone up to 20k, and HGIs have simultaneously come down in points price.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:59 am
Suspended

Is amazing value in a permanently depreciating environment. I will continue to book these sub10k rewards as much as possible.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Btw, does anyone know whether all the properties in KL (Or MY) still charge the 10 MYR/pax/night tourist tax which has to be paid separately? Haven't stayed on points since August last year. If so, have HHonors T&Cs been modified accordingly? I remember the practice being against the program T&Cs at the time.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by SuloL
Btw, does anyone know whether all the properties in KL (Or MY) still charge the 10 MYR/pax/night tourist tax which has to be paid separately? Haven't stayed on points since August last year. If so, have HHonors T&Cs been modified accordingly? I remember the practice being against the program T&Cs at the time.
Yes, you have to pay this extra nuisance fee; Malaysia needs the money!
ashkale likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:25 pm
Suspended

And a departure fee from June. Must have been a very easy way for most governments to top up.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:27 pm

Did they deval hilton points? I remember staying at Doubletree KL for 10k, now it's 20k???
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:11 pm
Suspended

Yes along with Melaka and JB..really unfortunate. Hilton PJ remains at 10k for now, and hopefully the newer properties will be below 10k..
Old Jun 24, 2019, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Doubletree Putrajaya

Just checked and is accepting bookings after 01 March 2020. Redemptions seem to vary between 12-18k points and cash rates ~MYR250.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by ashkale
Just checked and is accepting bookings after 01 March 2020. Redemptions seem to vary between 12-18k points and cash rates ~MYR250.
So what was your opinion of the hotel? How easy is it to get there using public transport from KL? Are there any decent eating spots nearby within easy walking distance?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by puchong
So what was your opinion of the hotel? How easy is it to get there using public transport from KL? Are there any decent eating spots nearby within easy walking distance?
you can take KLIA Transit to Putrajaya ERL, then use grabcar (uber alternative in malaysia) to the hotel.
No eating spots within walking distance.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by ashkale
The hotel owner just awarded the refurbishment works to a local construction company, contract runs for a duration of 38 weeks from 25-june-2019, that's the reason they will only accept booking after March 2020.

(DT Putrajaya is rebranding from previous Pullman Putrajaya)

ashkale likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by puchong
I suspect the "family resort"theme will continue and unlikely to have a lounge. Also none of the chain hotels in Putrajaya have anything interesting within walking distance. Checked thru the property detail does have an executive lounge.

Last edited by ashkale; Jun 26, 2019 at 11:42 pm
Old Oct 17, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich

That’s interesting opening pushed back to September
Old Mar 8, 2020, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I'm used to paying tourism tax on hotel stays in Malaysia. I don't like it, but it's here to stay. How else to top up Rosmah's handbag fund and other good works?

But on a couple of reward stays at Hilton and iHG properties, the tax was never applied. Only for paid stays they said.

I noted it as good outcome, so was surprised a DoubleTree here wants the tax for my award night. It seems silly to argue over what's essentially the price of a coffee, but there's a principal involved ! (pus an uneasy feeling of guilt and possibly back taxes owed )

Maybe I had a succession of lucky breaks on previous stays: profiting from the hotel's misreading of the rules. Or maybe this DT has got it wrong. Reading through this thread, the former explanation seems most likely. Any confirmation, one way or the other?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.