Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive “No-Show” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive “No-Show” Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2001, 12:21 am

Originally posted by belairpatrols:
There is a $45 rate for Hilton Las Vegas in their "value" program for a lot of days in April. Is this hotel still giving points?
Will the $45 value rate qualify?

Yes they are. Just stayed there last week and points posted in 48 hours. Park Place is going to purchase this property soon and then who knows?

Old Apr 27, 2001, 10:31 am

does "no show" count for BT2YM

I registered for the fast track to gold challenge in februrary so the 90 days are running out in may. i have three stays and got the bonuspoints, but i want the points for the fourth stay, too.
Questions:
1) Do I get the bonuspoints when i have a cc confirmed reservation and do not check in or cancel (I live in europe where are only expensive hilton properties).

2) Who knows the cheapest rate for hhonors points. today I got a mail from hilton with a US$44 rate at the niagara hilton, ontario for apr.29. lv hilton is usually $45 when booking on internet. anything cheaper around?

thanks!
markus
Old Apr 27, 2001, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
It would count as long as an automatic HHonors posting hits your account for that no-show.

Make sure you give your HHonors number on the reservation to aid in getting credit for a no-show.

If you get charged for a no show with no credit to your HHonors account, you will not have any folio receipt to fax in to the service center so beware of that.
Old Apr 27, 2001, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I have been told previously that you would not get credit for a no-show, even though you get charged for the room. The hotel considers the charge a penalty rather than a charge for the room. I believe it is the check-out process that triggers the points be transferred to your account, and without a check-out, there is no transfer.

It might seem unfair, since you are paying for the room, but without this procedure, people could just hunt all over the country for some special low rate, book it and not show up and get credit. It could potentially tie up lots of rooms in a hotel with no guest. Since most guests spend additional money on other services while in the hotel, it could also cost the hotel a bundle.
Old Apr 27, 2001, 10:36 pm

Originally posted by chix:

If you get charged for a no show with no credit to your HHonors account, you will not have any folio receipt to fax in to the service center so beware of that.
You can call the hotel and ask them to fax you a receipt. I was charged for a no-show one night due to a last minute plan change in business trip. I still needed the receipt for reimbursement, so I just contacted the hotel.
Old May 2, 2001, 5:05 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

No-show points?

A co-worker of mine got credit for a no-show stay at the LV Hilton. His flight from the east was cancelled, and since he only had two days, he rescheduled. Forgot to cancel his reservation at LV Hilton, but got full credit. I didn't know Hilton would give HHonors credit for no shows. Is this a change?
Old May 2, 2001, 5:18 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I have had this happen at Hilton (as well as other hotels). I assume he was charged either the regular reservation rate, or a no-show charge--so therefore he would 'earn' points on those charges. Sometimes I receive those points automatically, other times, I just call HH & they then credit my account.
Old May 2, 2001, 5:54 am

If this happens (credit for a no-show charge), does it count as a stay?
Old May 2, 2001, 9:55 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Originally posted by Chppp:
If this happens (credit for a no-show charge), does it count as a stay?
Yes.
Old May 2, 2001, 1:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Yes, he was charged his room night since he didn't cancel in time. No big deal...it was $50 and, as I told him, he had PLENTY of time to let them know.

and YES, it counted as a stay toward status.
Old May 2, 2001, 2:09 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
And, if you need to do a 'no show' for stays/bonuses or whatever, try the Hampton Inn - Niagra Falls NORTH at $37 a nite.

(Cheapos in Nevada, don't always seem to post).
Old May 2, 2001, 4:07 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Silver, HHonors Gold, GoldPoints Gold, Amtrak GR Select PLUS
Does Double Dipping happen on these no-shows? If so, it adds a partner to the American Airlines promo going on now!

Jim
Old May 2, 2001, 4:52 pm

Last December I was a "no-show" due to a storm that grounded planes at a connecting airport. (The grounding happened too late to cancel the reservation in time to avoid "no-show" charge, although I did call in and tell them I wouldn't make it.)

I received full double-double credit for that one. (Don't know whether that was policy, or just something nice because it wasn't my fault I was a "no-show", but either way I appreciate it.)
Old May 31, 2001, 8:38 pm

Are "no-show" stays worth the 50k?

I signed my wife up for the new 50k promo and have been thinking that I should book 4 no-show stays (at $40 bucks a night) to get the 50k and eventually combine them with my account.

Spending 160 to get half of a GLON VIP reward makes sense doesn't it? Don't these rooms go for at least 160 a night?

Old May 31, 2001, 8:55 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
where can you book for $40?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.