Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta {US-GA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta {US-GA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2006, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Post Doubletree Hotel Atlanta NW/Marietta - Trip Report

I’ve decided to stay at this property since I’ve never stayed here and its new to the Hilton family.

The property was formerly a Radisson and is located in an office park setting once you exit the expressway. This is a typical suburban property. For those who do not know the area, at this time, there is VERY POOR SIGNAGE and I actually drove past the property TWICE before finding it. The old illuminate Radisson signage has been covered with plastic doubletree sign that are very small. The illumined tower signage, typical of what you would see from the highway, was not working, as the Radison name had been removed. Based on my stay, it appears the property is in transition from a Radisson to Doubletree standards. I have a feeling this could be a “good, solid” hotel once the rebranding is complete.

I finally arrived at the property around 4PM, found parking space, spaces are plentiful and parking is free. Upon check in I was told my room was ready. I was upgraded to a suite and was given a rundown of my benefits as a diamond member. There is no lounge at this property and breakfast is free for Diamonds. Internet access for diamonds is free!

The property appears to be two buildings attached via the lobby, check in, restaurant level on the main floor.

Keep in mind, there are only three suites at this property so don’t expect an upgrade to a suite. The plus side is, while the maids were servicing room I checked out a few rooms (one king and one a double) on my floor and the rooms seem to be rather larger. I would use this place as a "mattress run" property.

SUMMARY ^ ^
Check-in/check-out
Quick, and easy. Very attentive and friendly staff, who seems pretty knowledgeable of the Hhonors program.

Common Areas ^
Lobby/Check-in area: Clean, entry, lobby, and check in area
Lobby Bar/Lounge: Nice, airy and inviting.
Elevators: Only two elevators, not to fast, and I suspect if the hotel was at capacity there could be potential for long waits.
Business center: Didn’t see it or look for it
Concierge: Did not use.

Guest Rooms
Bed: Sweet Dream King bed, with dual control settings!!! ^ ^ ^ The room also had a decent sized sitting area in front of the windows.
Windows/View: Floor to ceiling windows, which open onto a small balcony which you can stand on. Not really much of a view
Workspace: big desk, but cheap as hell
Wetbar: Nice size Wetbar, with fridge & microwave ^
Furniture: NOTE: It appears that the property is slowing introducing Doubletree standard furniture into the property. The furniture in my room was mis-mach and stained! The TVs were dated, but the room layout is nice. The parlor portion of the room also had a queen pullout sofa.
Noise: I didn't hear any hallway noise
Upgrades: Not able to determine after one stay but they did tell me there are only three suites.
Turndown Service: Nightly turndown service and replenishes water and toiletries.
Housekeeping: No comment as I was there only one night.

Guest Room Bathrooms ^
Average size bathroom. Appeared to be recently remodeled.
Sink/Counter space: Great size for a couple to share, lots of counter space
Mirror: Large mirror
Shower/Tub: basic shower/tub but does have nice multispray showerhead. The shower head and shower hardware were new and I’d never seen them at a doubletree before, but are similar to what the doubletree sells on their website.
Towels: Lots of face, hand & body towels
Toiletries: New Neutrogena products
Lighting: Good lighting

Executive Lounge
No lounge

Gym ^ ^
Decent sized gym on the second level. Not very expansive but a lot of equipment and space for the size.

Pool
There is pool, however, I didn’t use it. It seems to be a nice size and in summer a nice place to relax

HSIA/Wireless Internet ^ ^
All Diamond members receive complimentary high speed internet access daily. Which was pretty face and had no interuptions

Concierge
There is a concierge on staff but I didn’t use it

Parking/Valet ^
huge parking lot and its FREE

Dining
Didn’t use, but there is an onsite restaurant

Would I return? Yes, but, based on rate ONLY
Would I recommend? Yes
Would I recommend Restaurant? cannot comment since I didn’t use
Value for price paid? Great, since the Hilton Towers & other properties toward the core of the city were booked (NCAA) and overpriced.

Overall property rating on a scale from 1 to 10 = 6 I expect this to change after the Doubletree brand implementation is complete, as the property has the potential to be a solid 8.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 4:18 pm

Great Review

Thanks for the info. Great review.

Nick
Old Jun 23, 2007, 2:39 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I believe this property is now officially known as the Doubletree Hotel Atlanta NW/Marietta.

As such, I have changed the title of this thread accordingly.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Doubletree Hotel Atlanta NW/Marietta

I need some advice from some veteran travelers. I stayed at this property several months ago an right away there were issues, no room upgrade, a cup of water used asan ashtray between the bed and nightstand, and worse was breakfast. I am a diamond and went with my son to eat that morning to the Mondo Mocha Espresso Bar, I was told you could have 1 pastry and 1 coffee or soda. I asked for anotherscone and was told I would be charged.Ithen asked ow much to upgrade my sons breakfast to the buffet in the main restaurant, and the girl actually just shrugged her shoulders. Also no fruit or yogurt, cereal, nothing but a few scones and bagels.
Anyway after complaining I got a weekend certificate for one night. Well I have made 4 calls to this property this week to get a Sat. room. I was told over and over the "only" person that can reserve my room is a guy named Terry. Well he has not been in so I am just stuck. I was going to stay at ES Centinial Park, but they have no reward rooms for that day.
Do you think the DD or customer service can fix a local problem? After this I am done with this particular DT and I really like that brand.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To the top for advice.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the help guys!
Old Nov 11, 2008, 6:14 am

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Stay at the Doubletree Suites next time, it's just 1 mile away

Doubletree Guest Suites Atlanta-Galleria
Old Nov 17, 2010, 7:39 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Any recent stays / info on this property?
Old Nov 17, 2010, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
There are lots of HHonors choices in the area, and true bargain rates can be had on weekends. The D'tree Marietta is acceptable, if maybe a bit tired. It's a full-service hotel (ample buffet; free cold selections for Diamond) but I would place construction date in the early 80s.

I will second the recommendation on the D'tree Suites Galleria. If it matters to you, specify an outside-facing room or risk windows onto the atrium.

Just another mile or so distant is the ES Galleria. I have no use for CRT TVs at this point, but otherwise this is well-executed and -maintained example of the ES brand.

My visits all occurred within the last month.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Any recent stays here? Location looks great for a ballgame, though it's a bit overpriced compared to other local hotels. What are the odds of an early check in on a Saturday during baseball season (game is a 4pm game)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.