Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Lounge Status at Hilton Family Properties -

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

DIAMOND members are entitled to Lounge access on stays at properties with Executive Lounges, Signia by Hilton excluded.

GOLD members are entitled to Executive Lounge access IF they are staying on / upgraded to an Executive Floor.

Print Wikipost

Lounge Status at Hilton Family Properties -

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2014, 1:58 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by adobbing
Yes, by chance noticed that the other day.

They seem a bit odd on redemptions, 30k gets you a deluxe twin but not a deluxe double.

If you book a deluxe twin, the confirmation email makes no mention of Hhonors free upgrade and they want £8 for any upgrade from that room.

Not sure whether it's better to book a deluxe twin or a standard double, what kind of upgrades do they give diamond members?
We'll I may have just simply got lucky but I was doing a gig in MK last December and booked a std double.....on arrival I was upgraded to the presidential suite!........it was huge!.....the lounge is huge and we had it all to ourselves , nobody was in there!.....I was gold at the time too!.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 2:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by wizla
We'll I may have just simply got lucky but I was doing a gig in MK last December and booked a std double.....on arrival I was upgraded to the presidential suite!........it was huge!.....the lounge is huge and we had it all to ourselves , nobody was in there!.....I was gold at the time too!.
Sounds good, have stayed a couple of times at the Hilton up the road, rooms were a bit dated and no upgrade at all on any of the stays.

Sounds like the DT is a much better option!
Old Feb 16, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by adobbing
Sounds good, have stayed a couple of times at the Hilton up the road, rooms were a bit dated and no upgrade at all on any of the stays.

Sounds like the DT is a much better option!
Oh yes Dtree much better......I only used to book the main hilton as I like to sauna , however to go without sauna option is a small price to pay based on how good the Dtree is......also if you are into football exec rooms face to pitch....great on match day if you are into that sorta thing.......it's spotless and new.....nothing to not like mate.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 7:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by wizla
Oh yes Dtree much better......I only used to book the main hilton as I like to sauna , however to go without sauna option is a small price to pay based on how good the Dtree is......also if you are into football exec rooms face to pitch....great on match day if you are into that sorta thing.......it's spotless and new.....nothing to not like mate.
Planned a couple stays there this week, as my plans changed I had to cancel them one by one.
Was interesting to notice that each one was upgraded. upgrade from twin deluxe with view was to King exec with view!

May stay there next week!

Reading the description of the upgraded room I noticed it offered "a beverage voucher which can be used in either pitchside restaurant and bar or the executive lounge"
Is the exec lounge not complimentary, i.e drinks are free anyway?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HHonors Gold
Just wanted to add something… Hilton Milwaukee City Center in downtown Milwaukee has a Gold/Diamond lounge. It offers breakfast and evening beverage service. It is open until, i believe, 11pm.

Hope this helps!
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Does the "DoubleTree by Hilton London-Victoria" have an exec lounge? also was there any verdict if the "Doubletree by Hilton London - West End" did or didn't have a lounge?

Not used it yet but what is the "Hilton London Metropole" exec lounge like?

Thanks in advance ...
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; AA Plat; Hertz Pres Circle, Hilton Diamond
Antlers Hilton, Colorado Springs

Diamond Lounge on 13 . . . (used to be the suite across from the elevators)

- Not staffed
- No breakfast
- Snacks & fruit set out for self service
- Fridge with Water, soda, yoghurt & juice
- Papers available
- Computer & printer available

They don't really tell you or remind you, you just need to "know."
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Hilton Zurich Airport report

Lounge is on main lobby floor right behind the restaurant and fully visibly through glass wall for all that walk over that way in lobby. Door not locked and no attendant the four times I visited over my 18 hour stay.
Clean and nice chairs with nice few but same few as bar and restaurant next to it. Pretty normal usual breakfast fare. A bit wimpy on snacks during day (some chips and nuts) and very light snacks at dinner time.
All in all, lounge did not impress me at all. But nothing particulary wrong with either. All of this may have been because I was staying a Friday night when they have fewer eligible users?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Update on the Hilton Budapest WestEnd (Now called Hilton Budapest City) Lounge:

Hours:
Breakfast: 0600-1000
Tea: 1500-1700
Happy Hour: 1800-2000

The Lounge:
Located on the 4th floor (top) of the hotel it has a large room with a sitting area, a computer, then about a dozen tables with chairs. There's also a balcony outside where people can smoke:

Breakfast:
Choice of hot options (eggs and meat), cereal, pastries and bread, cold cuts, yogurt etc. Service was great at breakfast and they can make you a lot of different types of coffee

Tea:
Mainly desserts and nibbles. There's a cooler full of soda as well.

Happy Hour:
Each night two hot options each time one meat, one vegetarian. Then a bunch of cold sides and breads and various nibbles. Self serve alcohol but also roving staff who would remove plates etc.

Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:48 pm

Hilton Phoenix Airport

Has an executive lounge, but the appetizers were minimal and they charge for drinks - $4.50 for a glass of wine that was more than they paid for the entire bottle because it was disgusting. However, we arrived late and they did give us a voucher for an appetizer in their lounge downstairs. Breakfast the next morning wasn't anything to write home about either. Fruit was ok and the hot dish was an egg burrito that was gross. The people in there couldn't have been nicer though!
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:51 pm

Hilton Phoenix/Mesa

Has an executive lounge with a good happy hour - drinks are free and the breakfast was decent. We stayed on a Friday night/Saturday morning and they told us that they usually have a hot breakfast during the week but since it was the weekend, they only had continental. They did provide boiled eggs, cottage cheese and yogurt in addition to the usual breads and fruits. Very nice staff as well.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:53 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Welcome to Flyertalk! Thanks for the reviews, I like the Hilton Phoenix Mesa so it's good to know they're still doing right by their guests.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Dublin Hilton Airport, Dublin, Ireland

No Executive Lounge in hotel but as a Gold got upgraded to a very good corner room and excellent full buffet breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:08 pm

I don't know if this has been reported, but all Hilton Properties in NZ do not have exec lounges. This includes Hilton Auckland, Hilton Lake Taupo, Hilton Queenstown and Kawarau Hotel, Managed by Hilton. Was in all 4 properties last week and can confirm this. Hilton Diamonds are provided breakfast in the restaurant instead.

For Hilton Auckland, A drinks voucher is available for every night of residence in lieu of no exec lounge. Full breakfast in the restaurant for 2 guests.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by lowjhg
I don't know if this has been reported, but all Hilton Properties in NZ do not have exec lounges. This includes Hilton Auckland, Hilton Lake Taupo, Hilton Queenstown and Kawarau Hotel, Managed by Hilton. Was in all 4 properties last week and can confirm this. Hilton Diamonds are provided breakfast in the restaurant instead.

For Hilton Auckland, A drinks voucher is available for every night of residence in lieu of no exec lounge. Full breakfast in the restaurant for 2 guests.
Now that's too bad. We are on our way to Auckland. The hotel looks like it's in a very nice location and we were looking forward to a relaxing stay at the lounge. We just never expected the hotel not to have a lounge. Good to know beforehand.

Last edited by Exleftseat; May 1, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.