Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How do you find a Hilton manager's email?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Gold, HH D

I have several upcoming stays at various Hiltons in Europe; several threads on how to get the best room on the FT boards suggest dropping a note or faxing the hotel manager a few days before your stay.

The problem I'm running into is: how to find the hotel manager's email address? I don't see it on the Hilton property websites, and google turns up nothing. Should I just use the generic email/fax #?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:40 pm

The following has worked for me more than once: I call the reservation desk and get the current name of the hotel manager. This generic email has worked every time:

first [email protected]

Be sure to put a period between the first and last name
Old Apr 27, 2011, 2:07 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I have had better luck when communicating a special request using the hotel's listed fax number, and inviting a response via email.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Fax works great with Attn GM
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K,
Will someone share an example of what they say in their faxes?
Old Apr 29, 2011, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by phedre
I have several upcoming stays at various Hiltons in Europe; several threads on how to get the best room on the FT boards suggest dropping a note or faxing the hotel manager a few days before your stay.

The problem I'm running into is: how to find the hotel manager's email address? I don't see it on the Hilton property websites, and google turns up nothing. Should I just use the generic email/fax #?

I usually find is via a serch engine. Well, I usually find the gm's name. The rest is easy, it's [email protected]
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
I usually find is via a serch engine. Well, I usually find the gm's name. The rest is easy, it's [email protected]
Is it still @Hilton.com for other brands such as Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 4:04 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DAS02135
Will someone share an example of what they say in their faxes?
(My name and address including phone and fax number, status and HH#)
(Date)

(Hotel name and address)

Dear Mr./Ms (Manager Name, if known):
or----------
To the Attention of the General Manager (if name not known):

Re: My upcoming stay on (date), CN# (Confirmation #)

In a few days I will be staying at (Name of Hotel), CN# (Confirmation Number). I am really looking forward to my stay as this is a very special occasion for me. (Explain occasion.)

I know you can't make promises outside the stated terms, but for this stay it would really be nice to (whatever you are asking for). Please let me know if this will be possible or not. I realize this is a special request, but if you can do this, it will help make my stay one of the high points of my trip. I also realize that it may not be possible. Just let me know.

You can contact me by any of the following methods: (List any that apply)
(Return Fax Number)
(Home Number)
(Work Number)
(Cell and/or text)
(email)
(Social media)

Thanks for any help and I look forward to staying at (Name of property.)

Sincerely,

(Sign Name)

(Your name)
Hilton (Diamond/Gold/Other), HH# (Hilton Honors #)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Allow about 4-5 business days for a response. When/if you do not get one, email DD, [email protected] (if you are a diamond, regular CS email if you are not).

Email to DD:

Good day!

Thanks for looking into this.

On (date of fax), I contacted the General Manager at the (Name of Property) by fax concerning a special request for my stay on (date of reservation), CN# (confirmation number). As of yet I have not heard back from (Name of manager or the property name).

I hate to bother you with this, but I was hoping I could get the name of the manager and an email address so that I could contact the hotel and confirm whether they could handle my request or not.

The text of the fax I sent was as follows:

(Body of fax without headers)

Thanks as always with your help, and I am excited about my upcoming stay at (name of property) and my trip to (name of city).

(Your name and HH#)

---------------------------------------------------------------

In general, within 24 hours I will get a response from the manager. They may say they can not meet my special request, they may say they will try but will not know until the day I check in, or they will confirm the request. I usually hear nothing from the diamond desk except the obvious response that the managers chain got jerked a little.

Use sparingly and ONLY if it is a reasonable request and a true special occasion. They will know if it is done often and without sincerity. I use it only about once every year or two. Generally I stay enough to make Diamond on stays by July, so I use it very sparingly.

Last edited by InkUnderNails; Jun 16, 2013 at 4:12 am
Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Is it still @Hilton.com for other brands such as Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn?
I believe that the emails are done both ways, with the delivery to the person either way. I used to have a @waldorfastoria.com email address and I could also get emails via @hilton.com.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by slidergirl
I believe that the emails are done both ways, with the delivery to the person either way. I used to have a @waldorfastoria.com email address and I could also get emails via @hilton.com.
Thanks! It would sure be nice if they had the email address posted on the individual website for each hotel but I guess they don't want to make it THAT easy for us
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Smile

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
(My name and address including phone and fax number, status and HH#)
(Date)

(Hotel name and address)

Dear Mr./Ms (Manager Name, if known):
or----------
To the Attention of the General Manager (if name not known):

Re: My upcoming stay on (date), CN# (Confirmation #)

In a few days I will be staying at (Name of Hotel), CN# (Confirmation Number). I am really looking forward to my stay as this is a very special occasion for me. (Explain occasion.)

I know you can't make promises outside the stated terms, but for this stay it would really be nice to (whatever you are asking for). Please let me know if this will be possible or not. I realize this is a special request, but if you can do this, it will help make my stay one of the high points of my trip. I also realize that it may not be possible. Just let me know.

You can contact me by any of the following methods: (List any that apply)
(Return Fax Number)
(Home Number)
(Work Number)
(Cell and/or text)
(email)
(Social media)

Thanks for any help and I look forward to staying at (Name of property.)

Sincerely,

(Sign Name)

(Your name)
Hilton (Diamond/Gold/Other), HH# (Hilton Honors #)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Allow about 4-5 business days for a response. When/if you do not get one, email DD, [email protected] (if you are a diamond, regular CS email if you are not).

Email to DD:

Good day!

Thanks for looking into this.

On (date of fax), I contacted the General Manager at the (Name of Property) by fax concerning a special request for my stay on (date of reservation), CN# (confirmation number). As of yet I have not heard back from (Name of manager or the property name).

I hate to bother you with this, but I was hoping I could get the name of the manager and an email address so that I could contact the hotel and confirm whether they could handle my request or not.

The text of the fax I sent was as follows:

(Body of fax without headers)

Thanks as always with your help, and I am excited about my upcoming stay at (name of property) and my trip to (name of city).

(Your name and HH#)

---------------------------------------------------------------

In general, within 24 hours I will get a response from the manager. They may say they can not meet my special request, they may say they will try but will not know until the day I check in, or they will confirm the request. I usually hear nothing from the diamond desk except the obvious response that the managers chain got jerked a little.

Use sparingly and ONLY if it is a reasonable request and a true special occasion. They will know if it is done often and without sincerity. I use it only about once every year or two. Generally I stay enough to make Diamond on stays by July, so I use it very sparingly.
Thanks for the tip
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I usually search trip advisor for the hotel in question, then read the reviews and look for the responces from the hotel, it usualy gives either the gm or the guest relations manager name, then a simple first.last at hilton.com with my request. its sems to work well for me
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Shimansky VIP
This is excellent advice, I'm going to try it next month on a special occasion trip with my family.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.