Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Points - DiscoverAmerica Daily Gateways Promotion -May 2nd 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2011, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott- Platinum, IHG - Platinum, Hyatt - Globalist, CC - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, BW - Platinum S

100,000 Hilton HHonors™ Points Redeemable for a 2-Night Stay

https://dailygetaways.discoverameric...f-ebe11fe59e45

150,000 Hilton HHonors™ Points Redeemable for a 3-Night Stay

https://dailygetaways.discoverameric...4-7be62a7c64b8

250,000 Hilton HHonors™ Points Redeemable for a 5-Night Stay

https://dailygetaways.discoverameric...9-bf55883fbd2b

What you Receive: 250,000 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points that can be redeemed for a 5-night stay at any of the 3,600 hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands.
Dates of Travel: Anytime
Quantity per Purchase: 1. No more than 1 set of points purchased through this offer are allowed per HHonors member. A maximum of 3 sets of points is allowed per HHonors member across all Hilton HHonors offers.

Turn thousands of points into thousands of memories you will never forget.
Purchase 250,000 Hilton HHonors™ Points that can be redeemed for a 5-night stay at any participating Hilton Worldwide property.

Must be a Hilton HHonors member to participate. To become an HHonors member click here.

Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™ and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.

For further details, please refer to the "Redemption" and "Terms & Conditions" tabs.

Terms and Conditions.

Only 1 set of points may be purchased for this offer. Up to 3 sets of points may be purchased in total for any Hilton HHonors offer (one per offer) in this promotion per HHonors member.

Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and must be a Hilton HHonors member to participate.

To become an HHonors member, please click here to enroll.

Hilton HHonors points required for a free night range between 7,500 HHonors points for a Category 1 hotel and 50,000 HHonors points for a Category 7 hotel.

Points eligible for standard hotel room only; excludes Waldorf Astoria hotels and All-inclusive hotels.

Offer valid for 250,000 HHonors Bonus Points, which equals to a maximum of one (1) five-night stay at any participating Hilton Worldwide property (category 1-7).

To view hotel reward categories, click here. Offer subject to availability.

HHonors Bonus Points will be posted to members account upon validation from the Daily Getaways promotion. Allow 3-4 weeks for HHonors Bonus Points to be credited to members account.

HHonors Bonus Points do not count toward Elite tier qualification.

When redeeming a reward stay, member must book a Standard hotel reward online or call 1-800-HHonors from the U.S. for reservations. Member must indicate they would like to redeem HHonors points for a stay at a participating Hilton Worldwide property. Redemption of free nights is subject to availability.

Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™ and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott- Platinum, IHG - Platinum, Hyatt - Globalist, CC - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, BW - Platinum S
I am thinking HHonors points are worth 0.35 cents. Do you guys think HHonors points are worth 0.5 cents as per this offer???

Last edited by silverfalls; Apr 19, 2011 at 6:20 pm
Old Apr 19, 2011, 7:14 pm
Suspended

I'm not sure I like that price...or the offer!
Old Apr 19, 2011, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
What a rip off.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 8:17 pm

if you buy the 100,000 points, do they have to be used for a 2 night stay or could they be used for like 5 nights at a cat 4(or whatever the math comes out to)?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 8:23 pm

Not a deal at all.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 8:54 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by j123vt_99
if you buy the 100,000 points, do they have to be used for a 2 night stay or could they be used for like 5 nights at a cat 4(or whatever the math comes out to)?
I'd use them for a 14 night stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Farmington NM and enjoy a Four Corners Area vacation.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:08 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Diamond, PriorityClub - Platinum
This is about as big of a sucker deal as staying with the Hilton program after the devaluation and the current very poor promo. I know Q1 was great for some people, but I am normally staying only 1-2 nights per week and two of my multiple night stays were at non-participating hotels. I keep holding out for more Q3FN certs and need to keep up my status to drain my account on a family vacation next year.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:55 am

Can you use these for Waldorf Astoria stays? The T&C for some reason say no..but why would that be? Couldn't you use the points for anything, after you get them into your account?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:57 am

Also, I could see these valuable for stays in Europe at certain hotels. For example, Hilton Molino Stucky Venice with these points (50k) would be $250/night (no tax, forex, etc). Doesn't sound awful.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: United, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by teege
Also, I could see these valuable for stays in Europe at certain hotels. For example, Hilton Molino Stucky Venice with these points (50k) would be $250/night (no tax, forex, etc). Doesn't sound awful.
I agree. The cheapest nightly rate at Hilton Bora Bora is $690 or 50k points per night, so it doesn't sound that bad to me if you're planning a stay at a Category 7 hotel.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by silverfalls
I am thinking HHonors points are worth 0.35 cents. Do you guys think HHonors points are worth 0.5 cents as per this offer???
The problem is this is the exact same argument which comes up almost every day here with frequent flyer miles. Its all up to how you use them and even then if you would have done it on your own without the miles/points. Did you really save $10k+ by using your miles for a first class ticket if you never would purchase anything but coach? Personally I save my miles and points for very expensive redemptions that I would often never do otherwise.

I try to get a penny a point out of my hhonors points. But often really am only saving about half cent or less. I use my points in places like New York City, London, and had a trip to Tokyo planned where I was going to stay at the Conrad (was cancelled after the earthquake). For people who pay to stay in these hotels these points for sale can be a huge savings. For people like me who would stay in cheaper hotels I am not really saving anything by purchasing these points but they could allow me to stay in a hotel in a better location or a nicer hotel for a similar amount to what I would have paid.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by teege
Can you use these for Waldorf Astoria stays? The T&C for some reason say no..but why would that be? Couldn't you use the points for anything, after you get them into your account?
That was my first huh? It says "Purchase 250,000 Hilton HHonors™ Points that can be redeemed for a 5-night stay at any participating Hilton Worldwide property" but does not elaborate on the definition of participating.

Given the Waldorf embargo it might mean that these points are 'specially' annotated (otherwise how would they know ?) and do not just drop into your pool of everyday points.

So (and you knew this was coming) where's the list of participating properties ?
Remember the last promo; fool me once.... etc. !
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
My 2 cents:

1. The value really depends on how you redeem your points. If redeeming at a $700/night hotel, then this is a huge deal. I use points only when I get a great value out of it. Also, remember that when redeeming points you do not receive points and are not eligable for many of their promotions (bonus points, free nights, etc.).

2. My assumption is that this will work similar to the Hyatt Daily Getaways, where the points are deposited into your account and they can be used at will. I believe there is no way for them to distinguish these points from other points earned and can be redeemed any way you like including WA hotels.

I posted more of my thoughts on this topic here: http://dealswelike.com/2011/04/20/pu...nt-may-2-2011/
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:13 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dealswelike
My 2 cents:

1. The value really depends on how you redeem your points. If redeeming at a $700/night hotel, then this is a huge deal.
And my example above (presuming that these are indeed "regular" points that can be used wherever) is also a very good deal. If you want/need to be at a hotel like the Category 1 Farmington NM or Mansfield TX Hampton Inn and Suites, you're often looking at $125/night, sometimes more. 14 x $125 = $1750. So this deal could also indeed be "huge" in such a situation.

So, as in every discussion like this, the value of a particular points offer is going to vary wildly with individuals' needs and circumstances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.