Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Earn 5,000 bonus points PLUS save up to 20% with Budget!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2010, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Budget rental - 5k bonus

Apologies if this has been posted previously (I couldn't find a reference but that's no guarantee):

* Hilton HHonors® members can save up to 20% off every Budget rental with BCD #U106100.
* Earn 5000 bonus points when you rent for 2 days or more at participating airport and neighborhood locations in the U.S. and Canada. Coupon number: MUHZ008.
* Offer valid from November 1, 2010 through February 15, 2011.

To receive this special offer, mention coupon number MUHZ008, BCD number U106100, and always remember to provide your HHonors® number at time of reservation or at the rental counter to receive your points and discount.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 5:08 pm

Looking to rent a car over the weekend. Nice timing. Thanks, OP.

alextktan
Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Marriott Lifetime Silver; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
stumbled across this on Hilton's website and rebooked a 5day rental in LA from 1/30-2/4. just changed the code and coupon numbers and voila... i'll be 5k points richer in Feb/March.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta: Platinum Hilton: Diamond Priority Club: Spire

I absolutely HATE Budget and have refused to use them since they swore a Ford Matrix was a Standard SUV (ha?) but with that many free HHonors points i guess i will use them this once...

Hilton HHonors® members can save up to 20% off every Budget rental with BCD #U106100.
Earn 5000 bonus points when you rent for 2 days or more at participating airport and neighborhood locations in the U.S. and Canada. Coupon number: MUHZ008.
Offer valid from November 1, 2010 through February 15, 2011.
To receive this special offer, mention coupon number MUHZ008, BCD number U106100, and always remember to provide your HHonors® number at time of reservation or at the rental counter to receive your points and discount.

Offer subject to complete Terms & Conditions below.

Rent Now

terms and conditions

5,000 bonus points valid on a qualifying rental of 2 or more consecutive days at participating Budget airport and neighborhood locations in the U.S. and Canada. Please use coupon number MUHZ008 to receive bonus points offer.
Bonus points offer valid on all car groups.
HHonors number must be mentioned at time of reservation or at the rental counter to receive bonus points.
Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) may apply and are extra.
Optional products such as LDW ($29.99/day or less, except in Louisiana $49.99/day) and refueling are extra.
The savings of up to 20% applies to the time-and-mileage charges only.
Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other coupon, promotion or offer except your BCD discount.
Offer valid at participating Budget airport and neighborhood locations in the U.S. and Canada.
An advance reservation is required.
Offer subject to vehicle availability at the time of reservation and may not be available on some rates at some times.
For reservations made on budget.com, free day will be applied at time of rental.
Renter must meet Budget age, driver and credit requirements.
Minimum age may vary by location.
An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
Frequent flyer surcharge of up to $0.75 USD per day may apply.
Rental must begin by February 15, 2011.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: SPG, HH, Avis, United
What the heck is a Ford Matrix? Is it overseas? Or did you mean Toyota?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Butterman75
5,000 bonus points valid on a qualifying rental of 2 or more consecutive days at participating Budget airport and neighborhood locations in the U.S. and Canada.
Warning: Per the 2011 Q1 car rental promos thread in the MilesBuzz! forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15629691-post71.html

there are most definitely some significant non-participating Budget airport locations, including LAX. But there seems to be no thorough list of them, and apparently you can at best only find out if a location participates by calling (it doesn't necessarily reject your coupon automatically on the Budget site), and even then you need to make sure you talk to someone who understands what you're asking about.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 7:09 am

Programs: Delta: Platinum Hilton: Diamond Priority Club: Spire
Originally Posted by askjeffro
What the heck is a Ford Matrix? Is it overseas? Or did you mean Toyota?
Yes Toyota sorry.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 8:55 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I tried to make a reservation at SAT but the BCD given did absolutely nothing to give any discount, I guess the phrase 'up to 20 %' can include 0%, too. i can get a 3 day rental for about $100 cheaper at Advantage. To me the $100 isn't worth the extra 5000 HHonors points.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 6:42 am

Try a different BCD and use it with the hhonors coupon code. You can find that on the budget forum. I used S190003 recently and rented a mustang convertible for $79 vs web price $2xx. No questions were asked.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 7:00 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by chaaau
Try a different BCD and use it with the hhonors coupon code. You can find that on the budget forum. I used S190003 recently and rented a mustang convertible for $79 vs web price $2xx. No questions were asked.
Did the 5K points show up on your receipt?
Have the points posted yet to your HH account?
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Finally

HHonors and Budget now have this promo posted on their sites.

HH: Get Your 5,000 Bonus Points and 20% Off with Budget®

budget.com/hilton5000

FTR, the T&C state that one does not have to use the HH BCD code to get the bonus from coupon MUHZ008.

Last edited by Evan!; Jan 15, 2011 at 7:55 pm
Old Jan 15, 2011, 7:52 pm

I booked this special twice over the holidays; both times through the link @ hhonors. Both times the reservation accepted the numbers, but when I got to the counter the coupon was not on the contract. The first time I was told it was an electronic "glitch"; but the second time I was told the location was non-participating. I was surprised that Hilton would be involved in a promotion that excluded travelers passing through one of the larger airports(ATL) in the US. I had hoped to use this promotion to compensate for Hilton's current quarterly promotion that doesn't work well for me. But, I've moved on and will hopefully revisit Hilton later in the year.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SW AList, Delta Platinum
Feeling scammed...

I feel this promotion is a scam. Booked Budget rental through the Hilton 5k bonus link for a rental out of BHM for three days. Reservation went through without any issue. Upon showing up to the rental car counter I handed off my Hilton Hhonors card and the guy at the ticket counter looked at me like I'm crazy. Not only did he not know anything about the promotion, but he said even if it is a 'real promotion', he was pretty sure that they wouldn't be participating since that location is not part of Budget corporate. Long story short, I called Budget corporate and explained the situation. The phone agent agreed with me and opened a complaint ticket (she said the Budget marketing department would be getting back in touch with me). Of course I haven't heard back from anyone.

My biggest issue with this is that like the previous poster said, the website reservation was accepted and there was nothing to indicate that this location wasn't participating in the promotion. I could have easily rented from another location and saved some $$ as well. Last time I rent from that Budget location on principle.

On a side note, I'm starting to get really fed up with all the various Hilton promotions that have special scenarios attached to actually get the points.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Corp-owned vs Licensee-owned

I guess (I mean I am not certain) the promotion only applies to corp-owned locations. Go here to check if a location is corp-owned.

https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/loc...locationsearch

The locations people mentioned having problem with the promotion are all licensee-owned, i.e. LAX, ATL, BHM.

I've not yet used this coupon yet, so I can't tell if it does work for corp-owned lcoation.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 1:34 am

Programs: AS 100K/F9 100K/*A-Gold/AA 1.6mm/HyattGlobal/IHG SPIRE/Hilt-Caes-Wynd DIAM/Rad & Crown&Anch GOLD
Thanks for this timely post. I've just booked a 1-day, 17-hour rental (paying for two days, of course), picking up at SFO (corporate-owned) and dropping off at Hyatt Regency SFO (corporate-owned? I dunno.)

THe T&Cs don't say anything about returning to pickup location, so we'll see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.